CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ReadR00ster
Latti
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
usc1
Bobby Boucher
SterlingBrooks
Mr.101
tomtomusc
Spur's Addiction
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6249)
NBA Wants to Up Age (736)
40 Ways You Know You (361)
South Carolina @ Aub (223)
Super-Efficient Ax (197)
Amazing a List of Us (176)
Holly Trees pruning (138)
Starz Black Sails (75)
Playstation 4
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Name a Gamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #12701
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Darrius Caldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Devin got the concussion in fall camp, before the season. He hasn't past the medical test to be able to practice again in 5 months. That's one serious concussion that must be effecting his everyday life. I'm not a doctor or trainer, but I would imagine a professional would tell him that it is probably in his best interest to not play anymore. I have never seen a guy out this many months with a concussion come back. Not saying that he can't, but this is an extraordinary circumstance.
Sidney Crosby was out for a dang long time with a concussion a few years ago I believe.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #12702
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: The Texas Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
How much do these guys make....you think they wouldn't take the job if Texas offered them
12-14 million....think again. Everyone has their price.
If Saban wasn't offered 12-14 million, no way ANY other college coach would be.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #12703
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCfootball View Post
Actually this isn't completely accurate. I live about 45 miles South of Austin and Texas kids dream about playing for the Horns and if they want you, you will go. For example, Johnny Football wanted to go to UT but they didn't offer but said he could walk-on as a DB. Look how things turned out. Texas does have to fight for some recruits....but if the Horns want you and your a Texas kid, it's usually your dream school.
Off topic, but ever been to Hruska's?
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #12704
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit
Default things you'll see in every recruiting thread

1a. If a player is scared of competition, we don't want them anyway (at a position of depth).

1b. How can a recruit NOT come here considering their ability to start from day 1?! (at a position of need).

2a. That kids coach is a selfish and manipulative for advising kids to go elsewhere.

2b. That kids coach is trying to help him realize this is the place to be.

3a. We only want kids that want to be on a winning team (if we're recruiting against vandy).

3b. Why would a kid go somewhere established when they could help BUILD a program? (when recruiting against Alabama )

Lol gotta make up our minds here guys
Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #12705
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material
Default Re: things you'll see in every recruiting thread

I did 1a today!!!! We don't have to decide though, this is a pro Gamecock Board, it's not about being fair, it's about setting up the program to win games. lol

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
Old 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #12706
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

1b/2a has been said a lot lately lol or how about...they're only rated this many *'s because they committed to us.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #12707
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Give it a week til he is on the commit list
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #12708
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You forgot:

4a: Why would PLAYER A want to go out of state? If he does, see ya' don't come back!
4b: Why would PLAYER B give in to the pressure to stay in state? If he wants to play here it shouldn't matter.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #12709
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Give it a week til he is on the commit list
Still waiting on the junior day commits
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 12-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #12710
jayceecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 573
jayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudlyjayceecock is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 - Will Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Hope he can have a good showing at the Shrine game and get some interest and offers from some of the smaller state schools. Sounds like a good kid that loves the game
Played last week at the North-South game.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #12711
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

^lmao ....... Maybe this years junior day?
Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 AM   #12712
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

5a. why would he go there? they have no fan support.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:09 AM   #12713
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
Still waiting on the junior day commits
This transcript thing is really starting to bother me. I can understand it taking 2-3 days making sure everything checked out. But it's been a week and this is starting to smell a little bit. Every day this week, it was reported we should hear something by tomorrow, that was Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow has come and gone.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #12714
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
If Saban wasn't offered 12-14 million, no way ANY other college coach would be.
I didn't say they would offer that much, but they easily could. Texas could buy and sell the state of Alabama every day and twice on Sunday.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #12715
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This transcript thing is really starting to bother me. I can understand it taking 2-3 days making sure everything checked out. But it's been a week and this is starting to smell a little bit. Every day this week, it was reported we should hear something by tomorrow, that was Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow has come and gone.
I don't know anything for sure, just speculating...but I think he's a summer enrollee, so there's no rush. Also, his offer might depend on not only his grades for his fall classes, but the spring classes as well. Deke was probably hoping that the fall grades would be good enough that admissions would green light his academic record up to that point. Who knows, it could be that Deke just hasn't heard back from anyone in admissions yet.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
Old 12-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #12716
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

ok
Old 12-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #12717
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

This is texas..... it is not a lack of talent lol. Their coaching staff is the issue. Mack and co. are on the way out and have been for years, while the others are about to use Texas as a launching pad to bigger salaries at schools with much better situations
Old 12-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #12718
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

I thought all along the plan was to hear stuff about Darius Caldwell on Monday
Old 12-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #12719
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Will Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
Played last week at the North-South game.
any report on if/how he played? offer sheet?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:17 AM   #12720
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I thought all along the plan was to hear stuff about Darius Caldwell on Monday
that's correct....last Monday. I know he's not an EE, but it is somewhat troubling that they haven't got this straight by now with no real explanation as to what is causing the delay. I think this kid is good and absolutely helps fill a big need for us, so I'm just a little nervous about it.
Closed Thread