CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
usc1
Gyle41386
Ole Miss Projected R (590)
Sunday college footb (534)
So who was the dude (514)
Early Pre-Season wom (509)
Kentucky Inmate Star (506)
Acock reviews the SE (481)
Tennessee hires Donn (447)
Get the SEC Network (447)
2001 vs Sandstorm (394)
Does anyone have a l (265)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Name a Gamecock
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Victor Hampton Arrested
2001 vs Sandstorm
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #12741
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford - Louisville

There were two Ford cousins in the game. The less heralded one seemed to play as well as Poona, but both made their mark.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #12742
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

Payne's father played football at clemson. Connect the dots from there.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #12743
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
There is a full scale article on him from the Beaufort Gazette this past week, about his accomplishments etc, etc and they interviewed some of the people close to him(Family members as well as his football coaches) and his Grandfather made the statement that he is very unhappy how BJ is handling all the publicity and choices he is making with his grandson..

He called his coach a handler who wants the spotlight on him at all times.. hahaha!! If our coaches did in fact meet with him at the shrine bowl, then that was a very tactical move for them to talk to Kaylon one on one without his coach around.. I think the kid really wants to stay close to home, but has been pressured into a lot of situations.. That is all I have been told as of now, but will find out some more and post later..

Hey B381, I told you this will start heating up toward the end of his football season.. He has a great motor and can get below pad level to cause problems within the trenches.. A lot of people were talking about him not being tall enough, but I think that is what makes him so much more of a force because he can get lower then the O lineman and they can't get a good push on him.. He will be a great player for whomever gets him
Cockyness, you have had more good information about Poona that the rest of the board combined. Thanks.....let us know if you hear anything else.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #12744
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
There is a full scale article on him from the Beaufort Gazette this past week, about his accomplishments etc, etc and they interviewed some of the people close to him(Family members as well as his football coaches) and his Grandfather made the statement that he is very unhappy how BJ is handling all the publicity and choices he is making with his grandson..

He called his coach a handler who wants the spotlight on him at all times.. hahaha!! If our coaches did in fact meet with him at the shrine bowl, then that was a very tactical move for them to talk to Kaylon one on one without his coach around.. I think the kid really wants to stay close to home, but has been pressured into a lot of situations.. That is all I have been told as of now, but will find out some more and post later..

Hey B381, I told you this will start heating up toward the end of his football season.. He has a great motor and can get below pad level to cause problems within the trenches.. A lot of people were talking about him not being tall enough, but I think that is what makes him so much more of a force because he can get lower then the O lineman and they can't get a good push on him.. He will be a great player for whomever gets him
Cockyness, do you have a link to that article? I can't find it online but would love to see it.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #12745
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws

There are some inconsistencies here because this guy has been a "lock" to USC, Ohio State, TN, and Louisville. How is that possible? The kid is either a drama queen, or there are too many people on here who think they know what they are talking about. Just an observation.

If the family is so weak as to let a high school coach (after the season is over) dominate one of the biggest decisions they'll ever make, then that's a problem in itself.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #12746
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Darrius Caldwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
This transcript thing is really starting to bother me. I can understand it taking 2-3 days making sure everything checked out. But it's been a week and this is starting to smell a little bit. Every day this week, it was reported we should hear something by tomorrow, that was Wednesday and Thursday. Tomorrow has come and gone.
Prolbably more to do with the fact we are making serious headway with Andrew Williams. You can bet the transcripts have already been reviewed. With that said they may take both but maybe not.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #12747
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Prolbably more to do with the fact we are making serious headway with Andrew Williams. You can bet the transcripts have already been reviewed. With that said they may take both but maybe not.
Really?!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #12748
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Not the full week. And I'm pretttttty sure they can find someone to come in and handle a little paperwork over the holidays. It's kinda worth it lol
Maybe to us but it will not get him onboard any sooner. Relax and enjoy the holidays.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #12749
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Is this correct.....you're saying we are only going to take 2 more DE in this class and are holding one of those for Wideman even if he doesn't qualify....therefore we're going to let the Andrew Williams recruitment play out before offering Caldwell because we can get him anytime we want and there is no rush with him.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:08 PM   #12750
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&GSpur View Post
Maybe to us but it will not get him onboard any sooner. Relax and enjoy the holidays.
..if he wants to come to USC than someone has to come in and do work to review and accept him, it's not a matter of getting him here sooner
Old 12-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #12751
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Is this correct.....you're saying we are only going to take 2 more DE in this class and are holding one of those for Wideman even if he doesn't qualify....therefore we're going to let the Andrew Williams recruitment play out before offering Caldwell because we can get him anytime we want and there is no rush with him.
No I am saying that they are working their numbers to see how many that we can take. If it comes down to Andrew Williams and Caldwell I believe they take Williams. With that said I think they would like to take both but that may depend on if the want to push for Poona instead. There is going to be some great players we are going to have to pass on at some point.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #12752
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

No way can we just pass on Caldwell in hopes of Williams if we can only take one. That's too risky.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #12753
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
No way can we just pass on Caldwell in hopes of Williams if we can only take one. That's too risky.
We're still in touch with a pretty large number of DL all of which are pretty good so I don't see too much risk there. The preference has to be to get a DL with 5 years to play 4 over a JUCO especially since we have Thomas already. I'm going to be interested to see how we make everything fit with the numbers because we have 6 spots and definitely more than 6 very very talented players left on the board. (I mean our 22 cap for this year not the 82 total cap)
Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #12754
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrell Scott

From Woody W. of Rivals

Quote:
1. Scott doesn't like to talk: He's a pretty shy kid and not a guy who really relishes the spotlight. He shies away from interviews and from what coaches tell me he's not great at making regular contact with the schools recruiting him, making things even dicier during the dead period.

2. It seems to be a South Carolina-Tennessee battle. N.C. State still thinks its in a good position to land Scott but from what I was told today it's going to come down to the Vols and the Gamecocks.

3. Tennessee currently has the edge. The person I talked to told me that if he had to make a guess today that it would "be orange." Tennessee is selling Scott on a "Thunder and Lightning" type role with fellow 2014 RB commit Jalen Hurd and it appears to be something he's interested in. Combine that with the fact that Scott is familiar with Riley Ferguson (the QB that the Vols staff is selling as the future starter) and current wide receiver Marquez North, only helps Tennessee's position.

4. South Carolina is pulling out all the stops. Scott's former teammate and current Gamecock do-everything offensive weapon Pharaoh Cooper has started helping the Gamecocks coaches in their recruiting efforts over the past week. Cooper had remained out of the picture while both players focused on their seasons, but with crunch time coming up Cooper is selling Scott on the chance for the two to play together again (they won two state championships together while playing on the same offense at Havelock High), especially considering the state of South Carolina's RB depth chart and the fact that Mike Davis is likely to leaver following next season.

5. FSU is lurking. If the Noles don't add Dalvin Cook, expect the to put the full-court press on Scott. Vols fans should be rooting for FSU to land Cook, No. 1 to get him out of the SEC and No. 2 to help their case for early playing time.

6. There's still a lot of time before signing day. Tennessee sort of finds itself in an opposite position than it did with Josh Malone. South Carolina is the easy choice here while Tennessee can offer different and appealing options. The bottom line is this will be a tough one to follow, but I was assured Scott will decide prior to Signing Day, so the school that does miss out will have a chance to explore secondary
Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #12755
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

First indication by anyone that TN leads. A little skeptical myself.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #12756
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
First indication by anyone that TN leads. A little skeptical myself.
Same here. But I think we land him in the end.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #12757
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Volquest on Rivals

Quote:
Scott, as we've said for several weeks now, has Tennessee and South Carolina at the top and depending on who you talk to they would tell you Tennessee or South Carolina has the edge. What is certainly worth keeping in the back of your mind is that South Carolina has been thought of as the team to beat for Scott for a very long time and while Tennessee and Robert Gillespie have done a great job with Scott we still think this one will be hard for Tennessee to pull off.

But, the Vols are very much in this one and Scott will decide before signing day it seems and if Tennessee continues to carry this momentum for another month it all bets are off.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #12758
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Andrew Williams

figured I'd bump this thread since I read in another thread that we are making pretty good headway with williams
Old 12-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #12759
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
From Woody W. of Rivals
"the guy I talked to"

For so many reasons it's hilarious that that's being passed off as information.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #12760
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
No I am saying that they are working their numbers to see how many that we can take. If it comes down to Andrew Williams and Caldwell I believe they take Williams. With that said I think they would like to take both but that may depend on if the want to push for Poona instead. There is going to be some great players we are going to have to pass on at some point.
I hear you. We've already got 2 DT and 2 DE......even with the small class of 20-22, it seems almost impossible they would take more than 2 more DL. Between Wideman, Caldwell, Williams and Ford.....and there are others I haven't even mentioned. But taking Caldwell gives them 2 JUCO DE and that may be 1 too many.
Closed Thread