CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
ktguen
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
Joeckel Transfering (166)
Jameis Winston's Accuser
A'ja Wilson
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 12-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #101
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Taylor Stallworth

Quote:
USC DE commitment Taylor Stallworth of Mobile, AL is playing in the Alabama-Mississippi All Star Game this week and he said in an interview from there that he will take his official visit to USC January 17th but will also visit Mississippi State the following weekend. USC recruiters Deke Adams and Kirk Botkin were in to see Stallworth last week.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...c-against-fsu/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #102
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

showed out all week during practices for the Alabama-Miss Shrine game
EveryThingGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:21 AM   #103
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Wait, this kid plays DE? Surely that cannot be right. Imagine him at DE facing high school level offensive linemen bahaha
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:13 AM   #104
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
showed out all week during practices for the Alabama-Miss Shrine game
As well as the game, which Alabama won 21-17. This is a bit late, but here were some tweets from Tidesports (Rivals) Andrew Bone who followed the game:

Quote:
Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone 14 Dec Murphy DL Taylor Stallworth also making several plays today. I expect some more schools to come after the #SouthCarolina commitment.
Quote:
Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone 14 Dec #SouthCarolina commitment Taylor Stallworth with a sack on fourth down. Stallworth is owning the line of scrimmage today.
Quote:
Andrew Bone ‏@AndrewJBone 14 Dec End of the third quarter: Alabama 21 Mississippi 14. That quarter belonged to Rashaan Evans, Taylor Stallworth and Demetrius Kemp.
Taylor had 8 tackles, 2 for loss, and 1 QB sack in the game...

Last edited by ConwayGamecock; 12-17-2013 at 02:28 AM.
ConwayGamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #105
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 750500
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Wait, this kid plays DE? Surely that cannot be right. Imagine him at DE facing high school level offensive linemen bahaha
Nah, DT.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #106
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I hope no one comes calling, but either way I think he is solididly ours. He drove to the dang walmart to buy Gamecock gear after committing. I'd say he wants to be here and is proud of it
Old 12-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #107
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly

I have seen mentions of this kid in various threads and hadn't paid much attention. I finally got a chance to watch his film this evening (immediately after watching Lamin's highlights). I've gotta say, I am excited about Stallworth. I think he may be a bit better than Lamin when all is said and done. He has a great first step for a guy with his build, looks to be a high motor/maniac type of player, and most important to me - he already makes a habit of using his hands to create separation and to rip away from blockers (something I didn't see much of from Lamin).
35-21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #108
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Stallworth is a guy I feel could contribute if we had to go there for depth reasons. I don't know why, but something about this kid just strikes me as the next space eater. Might have something to do with his size
Old 12-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #109
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Stallworth is a guy I feel could contribute if we had to go there for depth reasons. I don't know why, but something about this kid just strikes me as the next space eater. Might have something to do with his size
With Surratt, Dukes, Dixon, Griffin and Lamin in the rotation got the 2 DT spots, I really doubt he plays next year.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #110
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
With Surratt, Dukes, Dixon, Griffin and Lamin in the rotation got the 2 DT spots, I really doubt he plays next year.
Yep, Stallworth may be a starter a couple years down the road, but we are STACKED at DT for next season. It would take a jaw dropping performance or many injuries in camp for a True Freshman to take a starting or 2 Deep spot next season.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #111
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
So you think we pass on Poona then since you think Stallworth rs. I read where our coaches reached out to him......Poona makes 7 DT.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #112
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
So you think we pass on Poona then since you think Stallworth rs. I read where our coaches reached out to him......Poona makes 7 DT.
We wouldn't pass because several of those will be seniors and juniors. I think Each of them will be redshirted other than Lamin whom they told will play next year. Need to keep the pipeline full.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #113
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
We wouldn't pass because several of those will be seniors and juniors. I think Each of them will be redshirted other than Lamin whom they told will play next year. Need to keep the pipeline full.
Surratt's last year is 2014
Dixon and Duke's last year is 2015
Griffin and Lamin's last year is 2016
Stallworth's last year is 2017
Assumes nobody leaves early
Old 12-22-2013, 07:49 PM   #114
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Where did he say that we will pass on Poona because stallworth is a likely rs candidate?
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #115
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It'll be interesting to see if his commitment sticks. He has an OV to Miss State lined up and I think he'll check out Oregon if I had to guess. Also have to keep an eye on Auburn's defensive line board down the stretch.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #116
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

Figured that this kid would eventually see more offers
Old 12-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #117
conwaycock2
Blue Chip

Male

conwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudlyconwaycock2 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
Yep, Stallworth may be a starter a couple years down the road, but we are STACKED at DT for next season. It would take a jaw dropping performance or many injuries in camp for a True Freshman to take a starting or 2 Deep spot next season.
I would certainly agree that starting a freshman at DT is highly unlikely. But to say that we are STACKED at DT is way, way premature. We have JT Surratt returning who played pretty well this year. Not ALL SEC caliber but solid & he is apparently better at this point than the other returning players at that position. Hopefully he takes the next step in 2014. Other than that we have some guys with promise (mainly Griffin along with Lamin,Dukes, Dixon, Green). Will they develop into difference makers?? Who knows but being stacked means you've got multiple players who have performed at a high level. People went batxxxx crazy over Sutton after watching him in a reserve role, he played OK but it is obvious why he was a career backup until this year. (he will always be remembered for his big play on Boyd). People say the same thing about the QB position & again it may very well play out that way, it also may not. I am certainly glad the coaches don't think like this, because sure as the sun will rise tomorrow some of these guys will be career backups & need to be recruited over for us to be a championship team. If I were king I'd recruit the hell out of Ford, Stallworth, Wideman & most every other DT I had a shot of landing (if I thought they had elite potential) because those players are very difficult to find, much less sign.
conwaycock2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:43 AM   #118
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Where did he say that we will pass on Poona because stallworth is a likely rs candidate?
Because my impression was Stallworth was as good as Ford and if Stallworth rs so would Ford.....and did we want to pursue another DT in a tight class that can't give us immediate help. Maybe I read more into that than was there.....but didn't we stop recruiting Ford even before he committed.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #119
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

My take on the difference between Stallworth and Ford is that Ford looks like a guy who could contribute immediately if he was used on 3rd down packages or against pass-happy teams. Very active and explosive. The question would be how much good weight he could add, as he's barely 6 ft. tall.
Stallworth might be a case of having a lot of "upside", but my guess is that he'd need a year or two with a good DL coach to get him to the point where he could contribute anything at all.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #120
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lamin has 3 to play 3 so there is no red shirt available
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote