CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 12-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
GarnetNC
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
GarnetNC has hatched from the shell
Default Somewhere good in Cola to watch the game?

Hey everyone...

I've been lurking here for several years but never posted anything.

I'm from North Carolina, but my wife and I will be spending new year's in Columbia. We'd prefer not to watch the game alone in the hotel!! Any one know of a good place to hang out and watch with some other Gamecocks? I know the obvious answer is "almost any bar" but I was just wondering if anyone had any good suggestions of places they like. We're a bit beyond the Five Points "age range" so I'm looking for a bit more low key scene. Somewhere in the Vista maybe? Out at Harbison?

Thanks all

Scott
GarnetNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: Somewhere good in Cola to watch the game?

It'll be New Year's Day. A lot of places will be closed.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Crush Gentlemans Club.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Wild Wings in the Vista would be a good spot to watch the game.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
TwoNotch Dreams
4-Star

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervousTwoNotch Dreams is making other chickens nervous

Wild Wings in Vista
Carolina Wings in Vista
Buffalo Wild Wings on Devine
Buffalo Wild Wings on Harbison

I'd say those are your best spots. If you want a seat, make sure you get there 1-2 hours before kickoff. Last time I went to Buffalo Wild Wings, the only way I could watch the game inside is if I sat off to the side in a chair.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Ale house in the vista has a good atmosphere upstairs for the games

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #7
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Ale House in Vista
Ale House on Harbison
Wild Wings in Vista
Wild Wings on Harbison
Wild Hare in Lexington/Irmo/Vista
Flying Saucer in Vista (I'm sure they'll have the projector screen down for the game).

I'm sure a lot of people will be doing things at their houses, so not sure what the bar crowd will be like.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #8
Hoodrow Wilson
4-Star

Male

Hoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talonsHoodrow Wilson has developed his gaff and talons

World of Beer in The Vista is a great place, but I don't know if they're open on New Years.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #9
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Wild Wings or Buffalo Wild wings has always been my favorite place to watch any game.... also the people in there are pretty nice too. Always many a Gamecocks in there
Old 12-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #10
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Ale House Vista by far... Ton of seating, tons of TVs and projectors. They play sandstorm, 2001, etc over loudspeakers.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
pimpingamecock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 350
pimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPitpimpingamecock rules the CockPit

I normally go to Hemmingway's in Irmo when I go out to watch a game.
pimpingamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Mother Tucker's.
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #13
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Wild Wings in Vista
Carolina Wings in Vista

I'd say those are your best spots. If you want a seat, make sure you get there 1-2 hours before kickoff. Last time I went to Buffalo Wild Wings, the only way I could watch the game inside is if I sat off to the side in a chair.
The Carolina Wings in the Vista closed a while back.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #14
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Is that the one in the Kroger shopping center? Is that place more of a bar or more of a restaurant? It's close to my house, but I haven't tried it out.
markymark550 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Ale House or Wild Wings if you're doing the Vista.

I dunno if they'll be open, but Salty Nut is fun if you wanna try something near 5 Points and they have a lot of TVs.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #16
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

If you prefer local establishments, Pawleys Front Porch and the Salty Nut are good places in five pts and with the students gone will probably be somewhat relaxed. I like Thirsty Fellow near the CLA and the Coliseum, also. If you like chains, Wild Wings and Carolina Ale are good in the vista.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #17
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsandersjr View Post
If you prefer local establishments, Pawleys Front Porch and the Salty Nut are good places in five pts and with the students gone will probably be somewhat relaxed. I like Thirsty Fellow near the CLA and the Coliseum, also. If you like chains, Wild Wings and Carolina Ale are good in the vista.
I've never really thought of Wild Wings (Wild Wing Cafe for you Yankees) as a chain. Maybe it's because I'm from Bluffton and Wild Wings was founded in Hilton Head. For South Carolinians, I wouldn't consider is a chain.

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #18
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Too many of our fans handing out suggestions to eat chicken on gameday...

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #19
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpingamecock View Post
Better be a smoker. That place smells like an ashtray
Old 12-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #20
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Ale House, Wild Wings are good suggestions. I would hang in the Vista.

Also, just pick up a Free Times & you can see who will be open & what specials will be running or bands that may play after the game.