CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
ReadR00ster
Latti
donbgamecock
GamecockStud
ConwayGamecock
Regalcock
Bobby Boucher
usc1
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6522)
BREAD (551)
Sindarius Thornwell (492)
Dress shirt help (383)
Best Child Acting Pe (319)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (217)
Well gameday just go (162)
South Carolina @ Aub (154)
Unsung Hero (108)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (81)
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Need Bama-USC Tickets (Ba
boiled peanuts

Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #221
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Kalan Ritchie

he will be good wherever the coaches decide to put him. I hope they put him at de
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #222
NJGCfan
5* Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
NJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talonsNJGCfan has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
These so called recruiting pundits crack me up.

Kalan Ritchie is an excellent blocker, watch his film.

SC Shrine Bowl team runs a one back spread offense. Kalan is not accustomed to its blocking scheme, technique and max protection blocking.

Brandon Shell had the same problems when he was making the transition from a power I run offense in high school to a spread, zone read offense. It took him two years to get comfortable, and Kalan has only one week to prepare.

If the SC Shrine Bowl team was running GT's offense, Kalan would be applauded for his blocking and the recruiting talking heads would be deducting points to the two QBs because they look horrible at QB.

Idiots.
Craig Haubert at ESPN thinks like you do. He says that Ritchie was fine blocking that when he fills out that frame he will be an excellent blocker. He also says his size makes him a better fit at offense than defense
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #223
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceecock View Post
These so called recruiting pundits crack me up.

Kalan Ritchie is an excellent blocker, watch his film.

SC Shrine Bowl team runs a one back spread offense. Kalan is not accustomed to its blocking scheme, technique and max protection blocking.

Brandon Shell had the same problems when he was making the transition from a power I run offense in high school to a spread, zone read offense. It took him two years to get comfortable, and Kalan has only one week to prepare.

If the SC Shrine Bowl team was running GT's offense, Kalan would be applauded for his blocking and the recruiting talking heads would be deducting points to the two QBs because they look horrible at QB.

Idiots.
Jayceecock = da' man re GC football....heck, I'd say the man is in the know re the entire lower state.

My friend, I agree 100% re his ability, but I see you still aren't commenting on where his academics stand. My guess-test score issue rather than grades...hope this is the case
Old 12-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #224
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

I trust our coaches
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #225
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Jayceecock = da' man re GC football....heck, I'd say the man is in the know re the entire lower state.

My friend, I agree 100% re his ability, but I see you still aren't commenting on where his academics stand. My guess-test score issue rather than grades...hope this is the case
Up until lately, I have never read one negative word concerning his grades from anybody. I find it hard to believe it's true.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #226
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Up until lately, I have never read one negative word concerning his grades from anybody. I find it hard to believe it's true.
It's true. SC State is his back up plan at this point.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #227
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
I have read that his grades might be an issue on here before. I don't know if it was this thread, but it definitely could be true
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #228
ac_lanham
Recruit

Male

ac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spursac_lanham has earned his spurs

Quote:
Believe me when I tell you it's true...
ac_lanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #229
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I believe you all. That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that. Are they more in Sawyer's range or Wideman or do we really know.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #230
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

I really was hoping it was his test scores. If it is his grades....we all know what happens if he doesn't get them up- JUCO or SC State.

Jayceecock, what is the deal here?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #231
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

Quote:
I believe you all. That's too bad. I'm sorry to hear that. Are they more in Sawyer's range or Wideman or do we really know.
No clue. I understand Sawyer & Wideman could both qualify or both could end up in prep school (Wideman was almost certainly heading to prep, but I think he has made significant progress....you never know though). Regardless, if both Sawyer & Wideman sign LOIs in February= HUGE- talking about 2 kids who would get into the rotation, IMO, immediately @ WDE & SDE.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #232
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
USC commitment TE Kalan Ritchie of Goose Creek recently picked up an offer from SC State and that led to some speculation that if he didn’t qualify for USC, he would go there instead. But his coach Chuck Reedy said today Ritchie is firmly committed to the Gamecocks and will stay the course with them. “He’s South Carolina’s,” Reedy said adding that the plan is to place Ritchie at Georgia Military JC if he does not qualify.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...inal-decision/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #233
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

If he doesn't qualify couldn't we just work it out for him to commit to sc state so he wouldn't take up a scholly and then when he gets out of juco join us then?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:31 AM   #234
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

oh god bless it. We have to have at least one DE prospect that is going to be able to make it into school.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #235
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
oh god bless it. We have to have at least one DE prospect that is going to be able to make it into school.
It seems all of our DE commitments and prospects (Sawyer, Wideman, Cadwell, Thomas, Ritchie) has had some kind of academic issue at one point in time.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #236
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
Laughed so hard at this quote. But it does seem to be the kiss of death for anyone that's a lean towards us and they play DL.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #237
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Maybe this is why they are still recruiting DEs...they don't know if the current guys will get in.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:35 PM   #238
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Signee - Kalan Ritchie

Signing Day bump.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote