CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
robgusc76
sporkgod50
NJGCfan
MountainCock
Spurrier_Superior_On
b381l
Mangus now coaching (1539)
Can Tennessee get to (1087)
2 Crazy things (661)
ESPN Article on HBC (656)
Chick Redefines the (636)
Spread vs. aTm (598)
Lindy's top 100 for (557)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (550)
The Bama series (456)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (454)
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Mangus now coaching TEs
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
2016 - Issac Nauta
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Auden Tate
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2016 - Keion Joyner
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM

Old 12-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #841
sgacock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
sgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Wesley Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
You apparently didn't read this thread 4 posts up.....
Read it. I believe that the poster is passing on what he believes to be good information. I simply do not believe that the info is good.

When a guru says: "Joe Recruit said . . .," that's good info. When a "guru" says: "The staff feels . . . about Joe Recruit," that's just speculation. The guru doesn't know how the staff feels. Why? because coaches don't discuss individual prospects with these members of the press. No upside for the staff, and plenty of downside in committing an NCAA violation by talking to "the press" about a prospect.

I use Jared Washington as an example. The gurus still can't agree as to whether he accepted a "commitable" offer. Why? Because the coaches won't talk to them about that individual recruit.
sgacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #842
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Read it. I believe that the poster is passing on what he believes to be good information. I simply do not believe that the info is good.

When a guru says: "Joe Recruit said . . .," that's good info. When a "guru" says: "The staff feels . . . about Joe Recruit," that's just speculation. The guru doesn't know how the staff feels. Why? because coaches don't discuss individual prospects with these members of the press. No upside for the staff, and plenty of downside in committing an NCAA violation by talking to "the press" about a prospect.

I use Jared Washington as an example. The gurus still can't agree as to whether he accepted a "commitable" offer. Why? Because the coaches won't talk to them about that individual recruit.
You do realize that these gurus talk to recruits as well, and recruits pass on what the coaches have told them to the guru. Even if the coaches cannot "publicly" discuss a recruit, they can still have conversations behind the scenes with people connected to the program. This debate is really getting old, if you dont take any of the information as "fact" because it didnt come from the coaches mouth, then why are you here?
JDRAY^# is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #843
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
You do realize that these gurus talk to recruits as well, and recruits pass on what the coaches have told them to the guru. Even if the coaches cannot "publicly" discuss a recruit, they can still have conversations behind the scenes with people connected to the program. This debate is really getting old, if you dont take any of the information as "fact" because it didnt come from the coaches mouth, then why are you here?
You act as if our coaches have little insiders they give info to on every single recruit. Sure, coaches probably drop little bits of knowledge here and there but there sure as hell aren't going to reveal their full hand to anyone.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #844
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

So, this Wesley Green guy, sounds like a great prospect...
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #845
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
You act as if our coaches have little insiders they give info to on every single recruit. Sure, coaches probably drop little bits of knowledge here and there but there sure as hell aren't going to reveal their full hand to anyone.
Never said they give info on every single recruit or reveal their full hand. I said they don't only get their information from USC coaches, but they get the info from recruits and recruits coaches. Some of you act like if our coaches speak about a specific recruit then they will have to kill the guru who they leaked the info to. You guys act like this is classified military information and there is no way anyone has the correct information besides the USC coaches.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #846
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4162750
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
So, this Wesley Green guy, sounds like a great prospect...
Lol yea, I think he's on just about every top 100 national recruiting list.
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #847
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
Lol yea, I think he's on just about every top 100 national recruiting list.
haha, yea. I was just trying to get this thread back on track.
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #848
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his combsgacock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
You do realize that these gurus talk to recruits as well, and recruits pass on what the coaches have told them to the guru. Even if the coaches cannot "publicly" discuss a recruit, they can still have conversations behind the scenes with people connected to the program. This debate is really getting old, if you dont take any of the information as "fact" because it didn't come from the coaches mouth, then why are you here?
I accept what the prospects tell the gurus. II accept what their parents and coaches tell the gurus. When a recruit says that a coach says something, I accept that. That's why I'm here.

I enjoy the guru's "hunches" - but don't accept them as fact.

I do not accept vague statements like "the staff feels good about him" as fact. These gurus are not "people connected with the program." They are the press. The coaches don't tell them how they feel about recruits

A guru says a person he knows told him that a coach told that friend that he feel good about Joe Recruit. That's called triple hearsay, and it is not fact. It's not even evidence.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #849
sgacock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser24 View Post
haha, yea. I was just trying to get this thread back on track.

I'll shut up now.

Good job.

Go Wesley Green!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #850
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
I accept what the prospects tell the gurus. II accept what their parents and coaches tell the gurus. When a recruit says that a coach says something, I accept that. That's why I'm here.

I enjoy the guru's "hunches" - but don't accept them as fact.

I do not accept vague statements like "the staff feels good about him" as fact. These gurus are not "people connected with the program." They are the press. The coaches don't tell them how they feel about recruits

A guru says a person he knows told him that a coach told that friend that he feel good about Joe Recruit. That's called triple hearsay, and it is not fact. It's not even evidence.
We can agree to disagree. I just find it funny that you constantly get on peoples cases about this "issue" that no one has the answer too, including yourself. How do you know that the coaches don't relay information to recruiting gurus, because you like to state that as FACT? As you say:Provide a link. You do realize that most people subscribe to these pay sites and summarize what the recruiting gurus say and post it on here for people who are not subscribers?
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #851
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

How many times each year do we have to relearn that no one but the recruit knows what he wants and not all of them seem to have any true idea until NSD, if not later. I do not take as Gospel, gurus, coaches, media, girlfriends or family.

It's all just guesswork based on what seem rational factors to rational people.
How many rational teenagers do you know? I sure wasn't at that age and still am not, sometimes...often intentionally so.

Keep guessing, by all means, for it helps keep the hope for future success burning, but whatever happens to any recruit, is out of our hands and that is probably a good thing.

Now, back to Wesley Green news...
Old 12-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #852
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #853
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #854
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb

This kid is a must get. PERIOD!
Old 12-21-2013, 01:01 AM   #855
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I'll give you a perfect example of information provided by the coaches although it has never was said publicly by any of them. When Barker chose UK after Magnus had been out there a day or two before the announce date, I read on every single pay site multipe times by multiple authors that Barker, Barker's coach and Barker's family had not told Magnus the truth where he was picking. Now, there is no way in the world for those pay sites to have picked up that information without getting it from the coaches. Did anyone ever read that statement being attributed to any of our coaches, absolutely not.

And I hope Wesley Green understands that Carolina is a much better place for him to play.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:56 AM   #856
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

It's plain even from a neutral view that we have the PT card to use. Just gotta hold out hope. Looks like we got DJ Smith so if we could add Green and/or Lammons, I'd be pretty happy with Smalls, Harris Jr, Smith, Green/Lammons
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #857
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

I dont see what his hold up is. unless he can come in and be a holy terror at UGA, he has no chance of playing very much. not with Shaq Wiggins burning it up the way he was at the end of the year. Swann will be back, and be a senior. he would likely redshirt, and maybe play the next year. your system is easier to learn than Granthams, and you have 2 corners leaving.

gotta be more on his mind than playing time, if he picks elsewhere.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #858
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
I dont see what his hold up is. unless he can come in and be a holy terror at UGA, he has no chance of playing very much. not with Shaq Wiggins burning it up the way he was at the end of the year. Swann will be back, and be a senior. he would likely redshirt, and maybe play the next year. your system is easier to learn than Granthams, and you have 2 corners leaving.

gotta be more on his mind than playing time, if he picks elsewhere.
Wiggins was a lil green his first few games and tended to get caught out of position early on, but he showed up big his last few games.. His talent started to reflect more as he became familar with the def schemes.. He is gonna be a good one for ya'll
cockyness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #859
uga dawg
Banned

Male

uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
Wiggins was a lil green his first few games and tended to get caught out of position early on, but he showed up big his last few games.. His talent started to reflect more as he became familar with the def schemes.. He is gonna be a good one for ya'll

he just has unbelievable instinct and ball skills. never thought he would be that good early on. I thought Langley would be the good one. hats off to Wiggins, if he can get Granthams insanely complicated schemes down pat. I know as a recruit I would want no part of that crap.

we have defensive players in the NFL that played for Grantham, and they all have said that their current Pro schemes are nothing compared to how complicated Granthams college schemes are.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #860
SCohioBoy
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

I think he is a Gamecock in the end. I think if he was going to flip to uga he would have by now.