CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
JerseyBird
uscgmck
HelleraisingCock
gamecock88
roosterdude21
Latti
Spurrier_Superior_On
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2016 - Brandon McIlwain
Kelcy and Vic questioned
response from charter abo
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez

Old 12-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #81
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Chad Morris to Arkansas State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
Everything seems to hinge on the Texas job. Morris has a good shot at being the next head coach at UT, CU or AU - depending on when the first domino falls and that is the UT job. And if UT goes Jimbo Fisher or James Franklin or Charlie Strong - then there's a whole new set of possibilities.

My bet, Yabba Dabo Doo stays at CU, Morris is somewhere else as a head coach - maybe in the SEC too.
NO WAY !!!
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #82
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff18 View Post
I am not sure, but I will say there is some magic potion in the water at Clemson or Dabo is one heck of a salesman. He seems to be able to keep players who should have left for the NFL and coaches who had better opportunities. I think he's a desperately selfish person.
I was talking about Chad, I think his time has come and gone. I think Malzahn did it the right way and the ole Chadster waited one year too late.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #83
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
NO WAY !!!
Yes actually, though AU isn't going to be open so you can take that off the list. If it were, Malzahn might just suggest his personal friend for a decade Morris for the job. After all, Malzahn proved he is the reason they won in 10, not Chizik. Guess experience isn't everything?

UT is certainly an option. They whiffed on 4 peple before getting Butch Jones. They won't want to repeat that debacle.
Old 12-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #84
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

nm
Old 12-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #85
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Yes actually, though AU isn't going to be open so you can take that off the list. If it were, Malzahn might just suggest his personal friend for a decade Morris for the job. After all, Malzahn proved he is the reason they won in 10, not Chizik. Guess experience isn't everything?

UT is certainly an option. They whiffed on 4 peple before getting Butch Jones. They won't want to repeat that debacle.
We will see. I would take that bet all day long. I think some of our fans give Morris way more respect than the National guys.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #86
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
We will see. I would take that bet all day long. I think some of our fans give Morris way more respect than the National guys.
clempson gets put in the top 15 by those same guys, and it isn't for the defense or Dabo's coaching. Just because we own them doesn't mean he can't run an offense. I hope Dabo never leaves, I hope Morris is on the next plane out.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 PM   #87
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post

By UT I think he means Texas.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #88
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
I was talking about Chad, I think his time has come and gone. I think Malzahn did it the right way and the ole Chadster waited one year too late.
I hear you. I was also referencing how Dabo kept Morris there last year, along with Tajh..."come on guys, we're going to win the NC next year.....God told me so....forget a head coaching job and the NFL, this is Clemson, I need you......."
duff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #89
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
That, or he just REALLY wants to be a head coach, and feels like Tajh and Watkins is the wave to ride out on. Get his HC experience and move up the ranks.
I think he sees the writing on the wall.
It will be a rough year next year for Clemson's Offense without having Boyd, McDowell, Watkins and Bryant.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #90
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Congrats to Anderson.
I expect to see him at a new, bigger HC job this time next year.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #91
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

My take is that Morris isn't confident enough in his own abilities as a HC to take an Arkansas State level job for a year or two. If he laid an egg there he'd spend the next decade as an assistant after he got canned. Either that or he's gone full-Dabo and thinks he should just wait until FSU calls him begging him to come take over for Jimbo.
The bottom line is that the schools he wants to coach at don't want him, and the schools that want him are ones that he doesn't want to coach at.
mick66 is offline   Reply With Quote