CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ccured
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
i29gman
Thenardier
Lalli25
RGHoskins
sporkgod50
Stadium Ratings-Site (745)
Construction of Worl (377)
Peach Bowl name retu (362)
NBA Wants to Up Age (361)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (332)
Save Electricity By (327)
HELP calculating acr (276)
How Experienced In P (222)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (146)
40 Ways You Know You (144)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Name a Gamecock
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
What is your perfect egg?
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #41
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC
 
yazoo's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tryon, NC
Posts: 3,688
CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
On the points of the article...it was good. Spurrier is about ready to retire...so it won't be him... However some of the other coaches were good mentions...including dabo.

With Texas talent the dude would win...

I don't like him...but I am surprised that some bigger program hasn't tried to get him...seeing as Clemson is in the automatic cake conference.
Please don't let him ever leave Clempson.
__________________
"if you donít have one quarterback then you have none"
--Dabo Sweeney (c. 2014)



Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #42
Roosterboy
Household Name
 
Roosterboy's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hartwell, Georgia
Posts: 6,043
CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Article says Spurrier has 7-8 years left.

I figured it was more like 3-5.

What do you all think?
He said he is staying with Connor Mitch...so my guess is 3-4.
__________________
Baseball
SEC Champs: 2000, 2002, 2011
CWS Appearances:
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #43
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC
 
Cock Kool-Aid's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Appalachian Trail
Posts: 2,919
CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas

This thread title is sketchy.
__________________
::toothsuck::
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #44
cockymac
I was the white shadow.
 
cockymac's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,167
CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

When SOS leaves here, his coaching days are over. This is his last stop.

Texas needs a guy on the younger side with a lot of energy. Some say Jimbo Fisher, but with Winston back next year, and an easy path to the championship every year, I don't know that he leaves. If Peterson hadn't left Boise, I think he would have been ideal. They could afford a nfl coach if they wanted. Whoever is the hot assistant coach in the nfl right now should be the frontrunner.
cockymac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #45
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC
 
Cockholio's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Goose Creek
Posts: 3,798
CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Yes, Spurrier could get the job done at Texas, and anywhere else for that matter. No, LOL, he's not going anywhere, as he said numerous times that SC is his last stop. But seriously, if things keep going on a positive note for him here, I could realistically see him staying for another 6-7 years. The man's a machine, and his competitive fire is still there.
__________________
Cockholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #46
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC
 
CarolinaGnB521's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 3,547
CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockholio View Post
Yes, Spurrier could get the job done at Texas, and anywhere else for that matter. No, LOL, he's not going anywhere, as he said numerous times that SC is his last stop. But seriously, if things keep going on a positive note for him here, I could realistically see him staying for another 6-7 years. The man's a machine, and his competitive fire is still there.
I agree. As long as we are very competitive year in and year out (given that there are small rebuilding years every few years) and this job is still "easy" for him - he will stay as long as he is healthy enough to coach.

As long as he loves coaching more than golf, he is going to stay here as a coach. When the day comes that he'd rather play golf than be on the sideline - that'll be the day he decides to stop.
__________________
CarolinaGnB521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #47
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC
 
GamecockInHell's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hephzibah, Ga
Posts: 3,142
CockyCash: 4259
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

I don't think Deebo is as dumb as we think. He knows he's coaching in a cupcake league where he can win 8-10 games every year and have a chance to slide in the back door to a National Championship game. In Texas he would have to put up or shut up and the pressure would be intense.
The coach I really think they have a chance of getting is Richt. He's an outstandiing coach who is a lot better than the fans at uga deserve. I agree with the writer that he stands a really good chance of winning it all if he goes to Texas where he won't have to play Bama to get to the championship game.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #48
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift
 
Rebel4ever's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Duncan
Posts: 7,999
CockyCash: 200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecockfanatic4 View Post
I would think 7-8 is possible but he's not going anywhere but here
Gut feeling but the closer HBC gets to Bear's all time SEC wins record, I think he stays to get it. Spurrier is all about records and being the best. I think he would kill for the SEC all time wins record.
__________________
Rebel4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #49
kingoftheroost
la-la-la
 
kingoftheroost's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 3,574
CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I don't think Deebo is as dumb as we think. He knows he's coaching in a cupcake league where he can win 8-10 games every year and have a chance to slide in the back door to a National Championship game. In Texas he would have to put up or shut up and the pressure would be intense.
The coach I really think they have a chance of getting is Richt. He's an outstandiing coach who is a lot better than the fans at uga deserve. I agree with the writer that he stands a really good chance of winning it all if he goes to Texas where he won't have to play Bama to get to the championship game.
Please don't confuse one of our commitments with the CU coach/cheerleader.
__________________
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #50
scfanz
Starter
 
scfanz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 1,409
CockyCash: 500
scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
I don't think Deebo is as dumb as we think. He knows he's coaching in a cupcake league where he can win 8-10 games every year and have a chance to slide in the back door to a National Championship game. In Texas he would have to put up or shut up and the pressure would be intense.
The coach I really think they have a chance of getting is Richt. He's an outstandiing coach who is a lot better than the fans at uga deserve. I agree with the writer that he stands a really good chance of winning it all if he goes to Texas where he won't have to play Bama to get to the championship game.


Sorry to disagree, but Dumbo is as dumb as we think.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #51
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP
 
cockybreeyan's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: 5 Points
Posts: 2,010
CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

I just want Chad Morris gone from Clemson, and I want the dominoes to start falling for that soon. I just don't see Morris sticking around ANOTHER year there when he certainly has proven that he deserves a shot at a HC gig. Either that, or make a lateral move to Texas or something. Just get the man out of Clemson - I think he's the only person in Pickens County that knows football
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #52
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP
 
Clowneygotcha's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 2,303
CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

This will not happen. Spurrier will Coach here until he either dies or quits coaching. He has made that abundantly clear.
__________________
Clowneygotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #53
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro
 
Carolina4Life's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Midlands
Posts: 6,808
CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Spurrier to Texas?

Chew tobacco, Chew tobacco....SPIT!
__________________
Say NO to Concrete, Brick The Brice!

Last edited by Carolina4Life; 12-24-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #54
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC
 
CarolinaGnB521's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 3,547
CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I just want Chad Morris gone from Clemson, and I want the dominoes to start falling for that soon. I just don't see Morris sticking around ANOTHER year there when he certainly has proven that he deserves a shot at a HC gig. Either that, or make a lateral move to Texas or something. Just get the man out of Clemson - I think he's the only person in Pickens County that knows football
This may sting a little but Clemson is a premier job in the ACC and in the south in general. As a school with a terrific chance of being one of the best in it's conference year in and year out, they recruit well, and have a pretty good fan base.

I hate complimenting Clemson as much as anyone else. But you know, sometimes the truth hurts. Clemson isn't going anywhere now that they've established themselves as a dominant ACC school. Sure, the ACC sucks, but the 4 and 5* recruits that they continue to sign out of Florida obviously don't care about that.

Chad Morris leaves? Oh well, they'll just go find another OC that likes to run a fast-paced offense. Brent Venables leaves? Oh well they will just go find another up-and-coming DC. Dabo Sweeney leaves? Oh well they will just go find another young and energetic coach willing to take a job at one of the best football programs in a power conference.

That is the perks of playing in the ACC. There isn't a ton of competition. It's a resume builder. You do a little work, it looks good, but in reality you did jack squat. My dog could coach the Clemson Tigers as long as Chad Morris and Brent Venables are there to take me out and feed me!

But unlike most resume builders, this one pays and it pays big! So while we all sit here and hate Dabo as a coach and his ethics on the sideline, and so on. He's laughing on the way to the bank. Just be happy he hasn't beat up since 2008. But as long as he keeps winning 9+ games a year? His name is going to continue to be mentioned in regards to big time head coaching searches!
__________________
CarolinaGnB521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #55
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American
 
FanofCarolina1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Dakota (Yeah, it's cold)
Posts: 12,875
CockyCash: 400
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Spurrier doesn't like cowboy hats, he prefers visors.
__________________
FanofCarolina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #56
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP
 
Clowneygotcha's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 2,303
CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
This may sting a little but Clemson is a premier job in the ACC and in the south in general. As a school with a terrific chance of being one of the best in it's conference year in and year out, they recruit well, and have a pretty good fan base.

I hate complimenting Clemson as much as anyone else. But you know, sometimes the truth hurts. Clemson isn't going anywhere now that they've established themselves as a dominant ACC school. Sure, the ACC sucks, but the 4 and 5* recruits that they continue to sign out of Florida obviously don't care about that.

Chad Morris leaves? Oh well, they'll just go find another OC that likes to run a fast-paced offense. Brent Venables leaves? Oh well they will just go find another up-and-coming DC. Dabo Sweeney leaves? Oh well they will just go find another young and energetic coach willing to take a job at one of the best football programs in a power conference.

That is the perks of playing in the ACC. There isn't a ton of competition. It's a resume builder. You do a little work, it looks good, but in reality you did jack squat. My dog could coach the Clemson Tigers as long as Chad Morris and Brent Venables are there to take me out and feed me!

But unlike most resume builders, this one pays and it pays big! So while we all sit here and hate Dabo as a coach and his ethics on the sideline, and so on. He's laughing on the way to the bank. Just be happy he hasn't beat up since 2008. But as long as he keeps winning 9+ games a year? His name is going to continue to be mentioned in regards to big time head coaching searches!
No matter how you coat it, with whatever coach they have in which ever position, they lose to us. Because when they play a team who is truly better than they are, they choke. All those 4 and 5 star players they get every year hasn't helped their chances yet. So they beat Georgia at home, big deal lol. What have they really done outside of the ACC in 5 years that has mattered at all? Again this all comes down to coaching. Maybe those coaches everyone keeps quoting just aren't that good.
__________________
Clowneygotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #57
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 7,965
CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Why is this still a thread?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #58
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC
 
CarolinaGnB521's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 3,547
CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
No matter how you coat it, with whatever coach they have in which ever position, they lose to us. Because when they play a team who is truly better than they are, they choke. All those 4 and 5 star players they get every year hasn't helped their chances yet. So they beat Georgia at home, big deal lol. What have they really done outside of the ACC in 5 years that has mattered at all?
They lose to us because we have better coaches. Chad Morris's offense may be a fast-paced score a lot of points quickly type offense but given a week of prep, Lorenzo Ward is a better DC than he is OC. Same with Spurrier Jr/Mangus/Elliott and Brent Venables.

You do realize that this streak isn't going to last forever, though, right? Sure right now we have the better coaches and we're winning because we're just a smarter, more disciplined football team.

But that doesn't guarantee that they will never beat us again. I'm not sugar coating anything. Clemson will beat us eventually. Maybe Morris/Venables need to get a little smarter in their prep but time helps. Morris has only been a college coach since 2010.
__________________
CarolinaGnB521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 PM   #59
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP
 
Clowneygotcha's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Gamecock Country
Posts: 2,303
CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
They lose to us because we have better coaches. Chad Morris's offense may be a fast-paced score a lot of points quickly type offense but given a week of prep, Lorenzo Ward is a better DC than he is OC. Same with Spurrier Jr/Mangus/Elliott and Brent Venables.

You do realize that this streak isn't going to last forever, though, right? Sure right now we have the better coaches and we're winning because we're just a smarter, more disciplined football team.

But that doesn't guarantee that they will never beat us again. I'm not sugar coating anything. Clemson will beat us eventually. Maybe Morris/Venables need to get a little smarter in their prep but time helps. Morris has only been a college coach since 2010.
I realize it won't last forever, but at this rate in the words of Ricky Bobby... "It could possibly last for 2 maybe 300 years?"
__________________
Clowneygotcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #60
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...
 
GoldenSpur7's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Atlantis
Posts: 4,873
CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Spurrier to Texas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
They lose to us because we have better coaches. Chad Morris's offense may be a fast-paced score a lot of points quickly type offense but given a week of prep, Lorenzo Ward is a better DC than he is OC. Same with Spurrier Jr/Mangus/Elliott and Brent Venables.
They lost to us this year mainly because of untimely turnovers. The whole game turned on a dime when Chaz stripped that ball from Tajh. The previous 4 years, they lost to us because we beat them on the LOS, on both sides.
GoldenSpur7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development