CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
b381l
sporkgod50
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
ccured
Thenardier
robgusc76
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
Mangus now coaching (1916)
Can Tennessee get to (1300)
ESPN Article on HBC (1074)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (863)
Spread vs. aTm (808)
2 Crazy things (805)
Lindy's top 100 for (763)
Chick Redefines the (742)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (637)
The Bama series (523)
Name a Gamecock
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Get it while it's hot
2 Crazy things
Playstation 4
Dylan Moses: The first fr
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Alabama @ South Carolina

Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #181
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Alshon!!!

Jay Cutler, highest IQ in the NFL, doesn't know he has TWO of the best medium to deep ball threat in the league on his own team
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:18 PM   #182
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I hope Alshon asks for a trade next year.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #183
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

He doesn't need a trade. He is top ten in the league, no need to screw that up. Just give Alshon an offseason with Jay Cutler, with Cuter now realizing that Alshon is who we all knew we was. Brandon Marshall will make sure Cutler knows about Alshon.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #184
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4162125
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I hope Alshon asks for a trade next year.
Alshon to the Panthers..?
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:49 AM   #185
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

you never know with the Bears…they are tight with that $$$ and he might want to leave because of it sometime (wishful thinking of course)
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:00 AM   #186
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

maybe he wants to come home cough*PANTHERS*cough open up that wallet
Old 12-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #187
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Blow'n up this year. The commentators are all about him
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #188
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
He doesn't need a trade. He is top ten in the league, no need to screw that up. Just give Alshon an offseason with Jay Cutler, with Cuter now realizing that Alshon is who we all knew we was. Brandon Marshall will make sure Cutler knows about Alshon.

Cutler has always known who Alshon is. He's just a stubborn, alcoholic douche bag.

Alshon isn't going anywhere though, he's younger than Marshall. If anybody goes, it would be Marshall.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #189
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Alshon is 6th in the league and leads the team in yardage with the Bears being one of only two teams with two receivers in the top 15 (the other is Denver). Their number three receiver is 47th (TE Bennett), and he is getting lots of catches from Alshon and Marshall stretching the field and drawing coverage. Keep pumping that gas, Alshon.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #190
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

This is the second time I've edited this post.

The first initial post, was a post in support of Cutler. Basically calling all the stuff posted on this board balogney about how he doesn't throw to Alshon, and how he only targets Brandon Marshall, blah blah blah. I thought it was stupid that anyone thought he should leave Chicago or ask for a trade and I posted a picture of 2 stat lines - one was Jeffery's and the other was Marshall's. It showed very similar numbers. Alshon Jeffery had 8 less catches in 2 less starts (same amount of games), Brandon Marshall had 4 more TD's, but Jeffery averaged more Yard Per Catch, and had more total yards.

I then realized that, the Chicago Bears have had a little QB problem. Josh McCown and Jay Cutler have both started games. So I quickly checked the stat line of Josh McCown and saw that Jeffery was his favorite target over Marshall and just assumed that this is where most of Jeffery's stat production had come from. So I came back here and edited this post to say that I agree with everyone about Cutler sucking. I just assumed that Cutler didn't throw to Jeffery and that everyone was right, blah blah blah.

But then I started thinking about it, I only looked up Josh McCown's stat line. So I quickly looked up Jay Cutler's stat line and what I came across was actually kind of funny, and I will post what I found below:

Josh McCown:

Jay Cutler:

So I realized I was wrong again! I'm not here, finally done looking at the real issue at hand here. There is no issue aside from the fact that Jay Cutler is simply not a good QB, and while Josh McCown is not savior by any means, he's just been a little more consistent than Cutler. As you can clearly see, Cutler is not favoring Marshall by a ton. It's a difference of 12 targets, and a mere 4% balls that were caught!

So lets stop this hate on Jay Cutler being a QB who only throws to Marshall, bullcrap. It's not backed up with FACTS.

Last edited by CarolinaGnB521; 12-26-2013 at 01:09 AM.
CarolinaGnB521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:15 AM   #191
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Raw stats can be interesting, kind of a snapshot, and often depend on timing. The three games I saw after Cutler came back, he seemed to be spreading the ball around somewhat and throwing to the TE some on shorter routes. Some of his "targets" to Alshon and Marshall seemed to be throwaways, and some were tall throws into coverage, hoping for a jump-ball grab. He didn't seem to check-down much or use the short ball except to a back. I think teams are using pressure against him because they've read his tendencies. They have a tailback who runs well, but seems to stink at blocking against pressure, and I believe that's hurt all receivers. I want Alshon on the Panthers because they haven't had a physical all-around (possession and deep threat) guy since Muhammed - and they've needed one.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:23 AM   #192
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
This is the second time I've edited this post.

The first initial post, was a post in support of Cutler. Basically calling all the stuff posted on this board balogney about how he doesn't throw to Alshon, and how he only targets Brandon Marshall, blah blah blah. I thought it was stupid that anyone thought he should leave Chicago or ask for a trade and I posted a picture of 2 stat lines - one was Jeffery's and the other was Marshall's. It showed very similar numbers. Alshon Jeffery had 8 less catches in 2 less starts (same amount of games), Brandon Marshall had 4 more TD's, but Jeffery averaged more Yard Per Catch, and had more total yards.

I then realized that, the Chicago Bears have had a little QB problem. Josh McCown and Jay Cutler have both started games. So I quickly checked the stat line of Josh McCown and saw that Jeffery was his favorite target over Marshall and just assumed that this is where most of Jeffery's stat production had come from. So I came back here and edited this post to say that I agree with everyone about Cutler sucking. I just assumed that Cutler didn't throw to Jeffery and that everyone was right, blah blah blah.

But then I started thinking about it, I only looked up Josh McCown's stat line. So I quickly looked up Jay Cutler's stat line and what I came across was actually kind of funny, and I will post what I found below:

Josh McCown:

Jay Cutler:

So I realized I was wrong again! I'm not here, finally done looking at the real issue at hand here. There is no issue aside from the fact that Jay Cutler is simply not a good QB, and while Josh McCown is not savior by any means, he's just been a little more consistent than Cutler. As you can clearly see, Cutler is not favoring Marshall by a ton. It's a difference of 12 targets, and a mere 4% balls that were caught!

So lets stop this hate on Jay Cutler being a QB who only throws to Marshall, bullcrap. It's not backed up with FACTS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Raw stats can be interesting, kind of a snapshot, and often depend on timing. The three games I saw after Cutler came back, he seemed to be spreading the ball around somewhat and throwing to the TE some on shorter routes. Some of his "targets" to Alshon and Marshall seemed to be throwaways, and some were tall throws into coverage, hoping for a jump-ball grab. He didn't seem to check-down much or use the short ball except to a back. I think teams are using pressure against him because they've read his tendencies. They have a tailback who runs well, but seems to stink at blocking against pressure, and I believe that's hurt all receivers. I want Alshon on the Panthers because they haven't had a physical all-around (possession and deep threat) guy since Muhammed - and they've needed one.
I think that McCown has thrown more td's to aj in less attempts. He looks to throw the ball to Alshon in the redzone more than cutler...and the deep ball.

Last edited by Regalcock; 12-26-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Regalcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #193
gamecox3
Architect ya lifestyle

Male

gamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talonsgamecox3 has developed his gaff and talons

Anyone who thinks Jay Cutler isn't good needs to learn a few things about football..
gamecox3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #194
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Jay Cutler has the Garcia syndrome! Look for Marshall if Marshall is covered still throw it to Marshall....
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #195
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Cut reminds me of Stafford. Ton of talent but makes some silly decisions sometimes and it costs his team.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #196
COCKYTALKIN
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 24590296
COCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot materialCOCKYTALKIN is USC mascot material

Brandon Marshall is not a #2 WR, anybody expecting him to be the second option is crazy. Alshon is a talent, but he's on a squad with one of the league's best.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #197
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecox3 View Post
Anyone who thinks Jay Cutler isn't good needs to learn a few things about football..

That's what I say. But at the same time, he isn't a premier QB in the NFL. There's something that needs to be said about Jay Cutler having a 82~ QBR this season in 10 games, and Josh McCown having a 109~ QBR in 5 games.

I'm not saying Jay Cutler sucks by any means. I've been a very big supporter of Cutler ever since he was in Denver. But he is a very average QB with spurts of greatness.

In 103 starts he's been the QB of only 56 wins (54%), his TD/INT ratio is 1.1111. Very good QB's generally have a TD/INT ratio over 2, with elites over 3.5. His Passer Rating for his career is 84.4, which is 15th when only accounting players that are still playing (which slightly better than half of the league, barely).

But McCown hasn't even been given a chance. He's been on 5 teams and the only 2 where he was given a number of tries to start were the 2004 Cardinals and 2007 Raiders (because those were GREAT teams... /sarcasm). He's gotten 5 starts here, and they are 3-2 with him at the reigns and the 2 losses weren't his fault. In those 2 losses McCown was 59-83 707 YDs 4TD 1 INT (and they were both road games).

So you can obviously see why anyone who follows Alshon, or the Bears, would want to see a change at QB. Cutler's not bad, he's just very average with streaks of bad, and streaks of good.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #198
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I don't want a change FROM Cutler (other than Alshon to the Panthers) as much as some changes IN Cutler, including more check-downs and fewer panicky throws. He has begun to see what Alshon can do, and certainly shouldn't go overboard toward any of his targets - that would be wasteful all around. I think having a second QB who can push him is something he probably needs. His past relationships with team-mates and teams haven't been helpful toward team chemistry or getting his own behind in gear to become better and more effective.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #199
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i think thats the big problem, cutler is a gunslinger. incredible arm talent, but if youre trying to fit the ball into windows that are already closed it doesnt matter. that and possibily a mentality of im going to make the play with my arm alone rather than place the ball in a spot where the receiver can make the play for you. you saw that in a play the last game vs the eagles when he was throwing to marshall, good coverage on the play by the db trailing marshall and cutler throws it shoulder level on his back shoulder where it negates marshall's size and allows the db to make the play.

i dont see his decision making changing much as a grows older, he has too much bad brett favre in him, just like matt stafford. theyre always going to throw too many picks.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #200
cocky-K
Recruit

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

No pro bowl for Alshon. Total BS.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote