CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
HelleraisingCock
MWard
SAETerrier
Acockolypse Now
ertman420
sc455
2000grad
Larenz Bryant update (2002)
Victor Hampton Arres (1202)
Joeckel Transfering (1178)
2016 - Greg Little (816)
UK's Whitlow to tran (736)
What type of snake i (667)
response from charte (606)
Wu Tang affiliated r (517)
Attendance next seas (301)
how has more ESPN an (223)
Gamecock Legacy recruits/
Victor Hampton Arrested
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
how has more ESPN anounce
2016 - Greg Little
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Joeckel Transfering from
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Old 12-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #21
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SIAP: Marcus Lattimore Letter to Gamecock Fans

He will have his name forever as a Gamecock. at a bare minimum! Great things within Marcus both on and off the field. He is fine example in every sense.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #22
Jwilson
60 Year Fan

Male

CockyCash: 500
Jwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot materialJwilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
One of the handful of times I got really mad at HBC was having Marcus out wide BLOCKING in a stationary position with the play coming right up behind him. Why in the world HBC had our all American RB BLOCKING out wide, I'll never understand. If not for that play Marcus would have finished out that year and we probably beat Arkansas running the ball with him and Marcus may have stayed all 4 years. Goes to show how one play can change a career. Duncan boy Marcus!
What you are forgetting is that, if coach had said that to him, he would have said, "No, coach, my job is to block on that play and that's what I'm going to do". He was the consummate team player.
Jwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #23
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky-K View Post
Can't wait to see that dude run again.
I can't stand the niners, but I will most definitely be tracking #38, and rootin' for him. High character, and an excellent representative of my alma mater.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #24
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
I can't stand the niners, but I will most definitely be tracking #38, and rootin' for him. High character, and an excellent representative of my alma mater.
I havent liked the 9ners since Montana.. but when Lattimore was drafted there, they got a new fan. Marcus Lattimore has that kinda power over a Gamecock.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
The Octopus
Recruit

Male

The Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervousThe Octopus is making other chickens nervous

Interesting in that I'd always heard that Brad Lawing wasn't much of a recruiter, but was more of a position coach. And now it appears that he said to Marcus one of the most memorable things that he'd ever heard.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #26
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

my buddy films for the 49ers. I will get him to send me some stuff he has worked on. I have seen several videos of Latti working out. He looks like a monster.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #27
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I think it says a lot about his character that he is so openly rooting on his replacement at RB.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #28
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Marcus,
Your letter is reason number 4,256,516 of why Gamecock nation loves you.

You are a true class act and have ALWAYS made us proud. Your best playing days are ahead of you and Gamecock nation can't wait to watch you drag the rest of the NFL up and down the field.

Have a very Merry Christmas.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #29
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

The biggest class act to come through the SEC in quite some time. Ask any Gamecock to list their three favorite Gamecock football players of all time, and try to leave off Marcus Lattimore.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #30
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
The biggest class act to come through the SEC in quite some time. Ask any Gamecock to list their three favorite Gamecock football players of all time, and try to leave off Marcus Lattimore.
woah let's calm down here. He was great yes, but there are a few kids each year that have his character. Look at Aaron Murray, one of the nicest guys I've ever had to hate for four years.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #31
bryarx
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
woah let's calm down here. He was great yes, but there are a few kids each year that have his character. Look at Aaron Murray, one of the nicest guys I've ever had to hate for four years.
1) Why would you consider Aaron Murray a nice guy? The hospital visit?
2) Why would he be on a list of your top 3 Gamecocks of all time?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #32
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
1) Why would you consider Aaron Murray a nice guy? The hospital visit?
2) Why would he be on a list of your top 3 Gamecocks of all time?
3 A Aron Murry aint no ****ng Marcus Lattimore.. just saying
Old 12-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #33
scfanz
Starter

Male

scfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPitscfanz rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
3 A Aron Murry aint no ****ng Marcus Lattimore.. just saying

Bingo, we have a winner.
scfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #34
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Love our Marcus Lattimore.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #35
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Now let's get Mike Davis that trophy next December!

Love, Marcus

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:04 AM   #36
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post

Aaron Murray is not anywhere near the class of Marcus. Biggest skirt chaser to come through Athens and that's saying something. He would give Garcia a run for his money.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #37
DBMack
Walk On

DBMack has hatched from the shell

Ok, after that letter, let's retire #21 STAT and get to work on the statue. Not even kidding a little bit.
DBMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #38
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I do think Marcus deserves some kind of special dedication put in place somewhere.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #39
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

Marcus Lattimore is one of the finest people that I've seen anywhere in the US. I hope this guy finds success everywhere he goes until the day that it's his time to leave. He's such an inspiring person. I bet he could be mayor of Duncan as long as he wanted to be. Marcus Lattimore for president yall! lol
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #40
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Marcus Lattimore changed our program forever. There is not a doubt in my mind that we wouldn't have the success that we've had, the last 4 years, without him, especially after the way the Garcia debacle went down after the Auburn loss. The players we have now have the same character as Marcus and that is why we have success.