CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
ertman420
usc1
Ericvol2096
SCohioBoy
sporkgod50
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
response from charter abo
2001 vs Sandstorm
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock
Get the SEC Network for y

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #12821
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrell Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Until some of the 34 predictions on 247 drop from us (yes, 34 predictions all for us) I think Deke Adams + Everette Sands + Pharoah Cooper = he's a Gamecock. That, and we get the late official visit on the 17th. Tennessee is throwing haymakers and he is still holding out, when they drop off he will stay put as he should.
Scott has already had his official with us.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #12822
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtrgmcock View Post
how do we know he hasn't picked us?
he may have....several people on here believe that.....we've been recruiting him for 4 years, he's been to Columbia a millions times, there's no logical reason not to have picked us for all the reasons stated above....I think he was ready to pick us till UT got involved and they have negative recruited us with our depth chart and SOS age.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #12823
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
neutral analysts? The only one's I can't trust right now are SC and UT sources because they both think he is going there, respectively
Yes, national recruiting analysts not associated with USC. Even the Vols 247 analyst picks USC. Like what I said a couple weeks ago and what was said above, until the predictions start to change by the top experts, USC really shouldn't worry.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-24-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:56 AM   #12824
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
If Scott were going to pick us, he should have already. Every day that passes means we are less likely to get him.....a post above explained it very well saying UT offers him a better chance to play early.
The same was said about Marcus Lattimore, and Jadaveon Clowney about that they should have picked USC already if they were going there.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #12825
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

According to TBS, FSU sources would be surprised if he ended up there.

Obviously, he still needs to have a great visit here for us to have a chance, but we are in it.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #12826
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Anyone know what he's looking for education wise? What kind of major?
Old 12-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #12827
Liquid_nails
4-Star

Male

Liquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his combLiquid_nails is developing his comb

This is great news on Prince. He is a monster.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:47 AM   #12828
DTGCOCKS#32
Recruit

Male

DTGCOCKS#32 has hatched from the shell

I dont know what the offensive line situation looks like at maryland but if he were to come here to carolina he would be able to compete for a starting spot in year two, whether he is RS FR, or a SO. robinson graduates and shell will more than likely go pro after next year and if he comes in and work he could be a 3 or 4 yr starter depending on if he stays long enough.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #12829
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTGCOCKS#32 View Post
I dont know what the offensive line situation looks like at maryland but if he were to come here to carolina he would be able to compete for a starting spot in year two, whether he is RS FR, or a SO. robinson graduates and shell will more than likely go pro after next year and if he comes in and work he could be a 3 or 4 yr starter depending on if he stays long enough.
If he's perfectly fine with going .500 at best every season and being 3rd favorite sport on campus, then by all means Maryland is the place. Believe me, I love College Park and have friends that went there, but football is definitely not a priority around there unless you play for the Ravens.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #12830
poppabeary3
Blue Chip

Male

poppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his combpoppabeary3 is developing his comb
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford - Louisville

Quote:
hey now, that's not a very cool post man. Don't call his family weak, you have no idea what his family situation even is to begin with.

Poona is anything but a drama queen. Read this thread - the only reason there are inconsistencies and, IMO, the only reason Poona isn't already a gamecock: BJ Payne
+1 but I'm not so sure abou that last line about it all being on the coach, he and his family will make the decision...Kid would be a Kelsey Quarrels type player without as many batted passes. Seriously, I dont think height means nearly as much at DT as some would conjour.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #12831
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppabeary3 View Post
+1 but I'm not so sure abou that last line about it all being on the coach, he and his family will make the decision...Kid would be a Kelsey Quarrels type player without as many batted passes. Seriously, I dont think height means nearly as much at DT as some would conjour.
Apparently his arms arm are longer than Quarles so he might have even more batted balls, especially if the QB thinks he can throw over the guy easily. Also being lower to ground often helps a guy get leverage, and be a better defender against the run and get more push against the OL. If his arms make up for vertical inches you don't really lose anything as a pass defender, so it's the best of both worlds. My knock on him is that he does not seem to be in the best of shape. I am not saying he is in TERRIBLE shape, but he needs a good S&C program to REALLY unlock his potential.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #12832
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 219460
elcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talonselcid99 has developed his gaff and talons

Clevland Pinkney clone. I would love a monster w a low center of gravity (short) ....this dude would have a leverage advantage against every SEC center & guard he ever went up against. He would / will eliminate what teams who have had success against us in the running game have done -guard blocking down/cutting our tackles &/or guard engaging w the center doing the same....you can't cut a dude who plays 1-2 feet off the ground. Absolute run stuffer who flat can't help but to play low.
Old 12-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #12833
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
The same was said about Marcus Lattimore, and Jadaveon Clowney about that they should have picked USC already if they were going there.
Except Lattimore and Clowney were from SC.....look, do I think he'll end up picking us, probably, but he's had forever to think about it and I just don't like him continuing to put it off......just doesn't make too much sense. Another thing, Scott will never be an every down kind of back. So as long as he understands that, we should be OK.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #12834
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Except Lattimore and Clowney were from SC.....look, do I think he'll end up picking us, probably, but he's had forever to think about it and I just don't like him continuing to put it off......just doesn't make too much sense. Another thing, Scott will never be an every down kind of back. So as long as he understands that, we should be OK.
Look at it this way, Butch has made his best pitch and he is still undecided. Cooper just got into the mix, so we have the advantage going down the stretch.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #12835
mick66
Starter

Male

mick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPitmick66 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Haha. Mix of semi-innovative beatings such as with the toilet seat and stop sign along with the "it never gets old" whacks with the metal folding chair.Got to say I've never seen that many props used in one match.
About the only thing left was for them to start throwing midgets at each other.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #12836
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

great news. do work mangus
Old 12-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #12837
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid99 View Post
Clevland Pinkney clone. I would love a monster w a low center of gravity (short) ....this dude would have a leverage advantage against every SEC center & guard he ever went up against. He would / will eliminate what teams who have had success against us in the running game have done -guard blocking down/cutting our tackles &/or guard engaging w the center doing the same....you can't cut a dude who plays 1-2 feet off the ground. Absolute run stuffer who flat can't help but to play low.
THIS! Save tall for the ends; give me wide bods in the middle.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #12838
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

What do you mean Cooper just got into the mix? As in the coaches are having Pharaoh talk with him? Because I'd have thought the coaches would've done that the second Pharaoh got on the field
Old 12-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #12839
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
What do you mean Cooper just got into the mix? As in the coaches are having Pharaoh talk with him? Because I'd have thought the coaches would've done that the second Pharaoh got on the field
Cooper said he just started to get in Scotts ear about USC since the regular season is over. He and Scott were both busy and focused on their seasons so they didnt get to talk to each other that much. Now that the regular season is over, Cooper can focus on recruiting Scott to USC.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #12840
50ktight
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in

The team doesn't need any player (regardless of position) that is afraid to compete. In order to be successful at this level you need to have confidence to know you can come in and prove your too good to keep off the field.

If that is Scott's main concerns with USC then he may be better suited elsewhere.
Closed Thread