CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Thenardier
Bobby Boucher
MACXIMVS
Gyle41386
rdwylie
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
uscgamecocks88
MWard
spareparts
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8282)
Sindarius Thornwell (868)
Best Child Acting Pe (529)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (503)
Well gameday just go (421)
Happy Birthday, Coac (359)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (347)
Your most famous twi (239)
South Carolina @ Aub (218)
Unsung Hero (217)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Any news on Max Schrock
Burger Kings angry whoppe
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2015 - Darian Roseboro

Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #21
GamecockGuardsman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit
Default Re: Panthers to Super Bowl XLVIII?

I would say they would have a high chance of playing Seattle for a chance to go to the Super Bowl if (1) They can get the number 2 seed and (2) play someone from the NFC North.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
You really should watch the games, you might learn something

Cam has 4 game winning drives this year: SF, NE, Mia, and NO

Yea, he is terrible

/done
Did I call him terrible? Saying the D is responsible for success more than Cam isn't saying he sucks. Seeing that you feel the need to always defend Cam shows your lack of objectivity. Lastly, game winning drives doesn't prove anything about Cam. If anything it only further supports my point it is the D not him making he difference this year, since last year they would have been down 21 points and the final drive TD wouldn't have mattered.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #23
aftertwobowls
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4165625
aftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot materialaftertwobowls is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Did I call him terrible? Saying the D is responsible for success more than Cam isn't saying he sucks. Seeing that you feel the need to always defend Cam shows your lack of objectivity.
And the fact that Cam is his avatar...
aftertwobowls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #24
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
And the fact that Cam is his avatar...
That too...
Old 12-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #25
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Did I call him terrible? Saying the D is responsible for success more than Cam isn't saying he sucks. Seeing that you feel the need to always defend Cam shows your lack of objectivity. Lastly, game winning drives doesn't prove anything about Cam. If anything it only further supports my point it is the D not him making he difference this year, since last year they would have been down 21 points and the final drive TD wouldn't have mattered.
Here is a link to the Panthers schedule last year: Link.

Panthers gave up leads in the 4th quarter to the Falcons, Cowboys, Bears, and Buccaneers. There were 2 games where CAR lost by 21+ points. None of the other losses were by more than 6. You should do some research before you make posts like this.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #26
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Not convinced Rivera is the guy to take them anywhere when it matters. Maybe I will be proven wrong.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #27
NCgamecock1981
Entrenched Starter

Male

CockyCash: 80000
NCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervousNCgamecock1981 is making other chickens nervous

Of course they have a chance. A few points:

1. The Seahawks aren't unbeatable at home (see just this past week).
2. The Panthers played them well once already
3. The Panthers have beaten the other 2 legit threats in the NFC (Saints & 49ers)
4. Cam doesn't need better stats to play better than he did last year (i.e. he's more efficient, goes through progressions better, stays in the pocket instead of immediately running, and makes better decisions). You can attribute the decline in stats to a couple things: Chud leaving, Shula calling a more run orientated game, the aging and decline of Steve Smith, and the overall mediocrity of the WR corps behind Smith.
5. Rivera has been a really good coach since the NYG game when he "discovered" analytics. People tagged with the Riverboat Ron label, but he's just been more aggressive and playing the percentages.
6. The defense will keep them in any game they play and is built for playoff success.
NCgamecock1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #28
TheShelbySensation
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
TheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudlyTheShelbySensation is crowing loudly

First round exit for dem hoes.
TheShelbySensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #29
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I really hope the panthers go after a big time WR this draft. They are missing that one piece, like Patterson in Minnesota or Harvin for the Seahawks or Alwshon for da Bears..
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:27 AM   #30
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
I really hope the panthers go after a big time WR this draft. They are missing that one piece, like Patterson in Minnesota or Harvin for the Seahawks or Alwshon for da Bears..
They have tried, and failed, numerous times.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #31
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
Here is a link to the Panthers schedule last year: Link.

Panthers gave up leads in the 4th quarter to the Falcons, Cowboys, Bears, and Buccaneers. There were 2 games where CAR lost by 21+ points. None of the other losses were by more than 6. You should do some research before you make posts like this.
Wow are you really that literal and can't get that they were down for most the game because the D wasn't as good as it is this year. Now they are able to play with a lead because of the D. You guys blind homerism is hilarious. The D is the backbone of the panthers and is what has caused the success not the offense.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #32
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
They have tried, and failed, numerous times.
Well I like Ginn as the returner and he is blossoming as a WR. Smith has two years or so left in him I think. If they could pick up two solid WR, maybe one in the draft and sign/trade for one, they'd be set. Lord knows that defense is good to go.

I wish the Panthers had Alshon.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #33
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Wow are you really that literal and can't get that they were down for most the game because the D wasn't as good as it is this year. Now they are able to play with a lead because of the D. You guys blind homerism is hilarious. The D is the backbone of the panthers and is what has caused the success not the offense.
They went 7-9, and like I said, they were up in the 4th quarter in 4 games they lost. Bold makes no sense whatsoever. As was posted earlier, Panthers came back 4 times this year, to score and win in the 4th quarter. Sure, the D has been great, but Cam has lead some $ drives when it counted. Lol.

Last edited by GoldenSpur7; 12-24-2013 at 01:35 AM.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #34
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lastly, game winning drives doesn't prove anything about Cam.
uh, yeah it does. This team was 2-14 in games within a TD in the 4th quarter since 2011 going into the 49ers game this year.

Since then Cam's had 4 game winning drives, which show the coming of age that you are complaining about. yes, the D is carrying this team for the most part in most games, but Cam has definitely helped things by becoming clutch late

Cam had to carry this team for the entirety of his rookie season, it's nice to see him not have to do that to win anymore
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #35
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Random question, but why does it seem like a huge portion of the Gamecock fan base is Panthers fans, and another portion is falcons fans? Where does the cut off occur? I realize it probably depends on location, Aiken or Fort Mill etc.

I'm a Buccaneer fan, but I was born in St. Petersburg, FL
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #36
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Where does the cut off occur?
can't really answer this cause I'm from Winston-Salem, NC, but I appreciate all the SC Panthers fans out there. There aren't many that I've met, which is a shame.
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #37
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

It's always funny to me when fans of teams list all their "good" wins and then list their close losses. Yeah the Panthers played the Seahawks close. They also beat the Niners by one, ONE, point. I guess we'll just gloss over that.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #38
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Not convinced Rivera is the guy to take them anywhere when it matters. Maybe I will be proven wrong.
I don't see a problem with Riverboat Ron. It depends on the consistency of Cam. If he can move the ball more consistently and they remain healthy, I think they could make it to the Super Bowl. Hopefully Smith will be ok once the playoffs start. Getting a first round bye would be huge for the Panthers chances.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
4. Cam doesn't need better stats to play better than he did last year (i.e. he's more efficient, goes through progressions better, stays in the pocket instead of immediately running, and makes better decisions). You can attribute the decline in stats to a couple things: Chud leaving, Shula calling a more run orientated game, the aging and decline of Steve Smith, and the overall mediocrity of the WR corps behind Smith.

This is what I was getting at earlier, looks like u enjoy watching the games like myself

Cam isn't making that critical mistake that has killed us the last few years, he has understood it's ok to punt the ball when there is nothing open

Shula is actually making him into a pocket qb that has the ability to run

And after checking his stats they are comparable to his first two years, which is surprising to me bc he just plays so different now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #40
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Random question, but why does it seem like a huge portion of the Gamecock fan base is Panthers fans, and another portion is falcons fans? Where does the cut off occur? I realize it probably depends on location, Aiken or Fort Mill etc.

I'm a Buccaneer fan, but I was born in St. Petersburg, FL
Younger folks are probably more likely to be panthers fans, because they have grown up with the panthers. Older people are ether old falcons fans much for the same reason there are many Braves fans. But because the Falcons were terrible for most of their existence until the 90's. There are also a lot of scattered allegiances to random teams.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote