CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
usc1
Sunday college footb (511)
Ole Miss Projected R (510)
Early Pre-Season wom (498)
So who was the dude (488)
Kentucky Inmate Star (462)
Acock reviews the SE (457)
Get the SEC Network (433)
Tennessee hires Donn (426)
2001 vs Sandstorm (324)
Does anyone have a l (255)
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Name a Gamecock
2001 vs Sandstorm
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou
Does anyone have a link t
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It

Old 09-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #61
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2015 - Mark Fields

I thought we were Fields leader?

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #62
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
We may still be. But it was really early so leaders status is likely to change.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #63
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
We currently lead for fields. If LSU offers him then we will have some tough competition to land fields
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #64
cockypanther
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 113355
cockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot materialcockypanther is USC mascot material

What sucks is he went to Clemson for the GA game and saw us play Vandy... He needs to get here for the Florida or Clemson game.
cockypanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #65
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
DB Mark Fields Jr. of Cornelius, NC made his second visit this season to Clemson for the Florida State game. He was at the Georgia game and thought the setting then was incredible, but this past Saturday took things to a new level for Fields. “It was awesome, best I’ve ever seen,” said Fields who talked with Dabo Swinney and Mike Reed prior to the game. While the Tigers suffered a lopsided loss, Fields says that does not affect his thinking about possibly going to Clemson. “A game like that doesn’t affect me in any kind of way. Things like that happen. Something like doesn’t affect anything in my recruiting.” Clemson’s secondary coach Reed made it clear to Fields how much he’d like to coach him at Clemson. “Me and coach Reed talk on a daily basis, so we where just talking about things that he wants to do when I come out for 2015 and how he wants to use me on the defense,” Fields said. “We talked about what their gameplan was going into the game, how they were going to attack the Florida State receivers.” Fields already was high on the Tigers and this visit did nothing to change that. “Of the offers I have right now my top two I’d have to say are Clemson and South Carolina,” said Fields who also has offers from Ohio State, Tennessee, North Carolina, NC State, SC State and Charlotte. He has also been to USC for a game and is going to the Alabama-LSU game noting that Alabama has been recruiting him hard. He plans to get to USC for the Mississippi State or Florida game and hopes to go back to Clemson for another game. The Gamecocks are working Fields just as hard as the Tigers. “I hear from South Carolina just as much as I hear from Clemson,” he said. “Me and coach Brown have a real good relationship. Every day they tell me I’m the top guy for 2015 they have on their board. That’s real cool to hear that they think of me so highly.” Is there a favorite for Fields between the two rivals? “No sir, they are the same to me,” he said. This season Fields has 25 tackles and 2 interceptions for his 6-1 team.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...r-clemson-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #66
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Mark, come on down for the Florida and Clemson game.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #67
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Fields is up to a 95 on 247. Dude is blowing up, definitely need him to be a Gamecock.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #68
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I think we can hold onto this guy.
Offering first could be what helps us...also, consider LSU is probably going to get commits from some highly touted DBs.

They already have Kevin Tolliver Jr. (No. 1 CB) and Xavier Lewis (No. 12 CB) committed and are in good shape with Tarvarus McFadden (No. 5 S) and Iman Marshall (No. 2 CB).

Could be a case where the pantry is too full for LSU to take Fields.

Not to mention they already have 2014 commits from Edward Paris (No. 3 S), Devin Voorhies (No. 13 S) and John Battle (No. 54 S), and are in good shape with Tony Brown (No. 4 CB) and Laurence Jones (No. 2 S).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #69
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I would love to have Fields in the garnet and black. This is the kind of speed we are missing in our secondary. Him having NFL bloodlines doesn't hurt either...
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #70
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

How do we get him to stop liking Clemson? I hope our staff can get him to like us more at least.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #71
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

We are DBU. Nuff said.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #72
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Let's beat Clemson for the 5th time in a row, that should make his decision a tad easier. Especially if we beat Clemson already knowing we have a trip to ATL the next week
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #73
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

We NEED this kid...
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #74
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
How do we get him to stop liking Clemson? I hope our staff can get him to like us more at least.
I don't know if it matters, he likes USC more than clemson. We have produced more NFL DB talent in the past 13 years than I think clemson has in the past 30. When was the last time clemson had a DB go in the first round, seriously?
I can think of 3 Gamecocks off the top of my head, Joseph, Gilmore, Robinson.

-Abo Swinney, April 17, 2013

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...-carolina-woes
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #75
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRAY^# View Post
We currently lead for fields. If LSU offers him then we will have some tough competition to land fields
He has said if LSU offers, they will be #1. He used to live in New Orleans, and would like to get back to that area of the country again, and Baton Rouge is not far away.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 10-31-2013 at 12:39 PM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #76
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
He has said if LSU offers, they will be #1. He used to live in New Orleans, and would like to get back to that area of the country again, and Baton Rouge is not far away.
If LSU offers? More like when LSU offers.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #77
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Junior DB Mark Fields Jr. of Cornelius, NC visited Clemson and USC this season. They were the only two schools he visited for games. Fields was at Clemson for the Florida State game and at USC for Vanderbilt as well as Florida. He is showing a lot of interest in the two programs. “I feel like Clemson had a really good season,” he said. “Obviously it didn’t end the way they wanted to but it was still really good. I really like (defensive back coach) Mark Reed. I am very interested in them. South Carolina is about the same. I enjoyed watching them play. They’re an SEC team so the big crowds are always a factor.” His latest offer is from Georgia and though he does not have any favorites, Fields named USC, Clemson and Georgia as schools he is very interested in. “Georgia is another SEC team that I could see myself playing for,” he said. “I feel like the best players come out of the SEC. Although I haven’t reached my potential, I feel like playing against the best would help me get there.” Fields finished the season with 43 tackles, three interceptions and one sack. He does not have a leader.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...erest-in-ford/

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #78
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

got to get this guy
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #79
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
got to get this guy
Yep. It would be nice to get another player committed with NFL bloodlines.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #80
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Yep. It would be nice to get another player committed with NFL bloodlines.
Already have one committed
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
PvtWarlick is offline   Reply With Quote