CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
ccured
roosterdude21
U-Dub Gamecock
Thenardier
ucan'tlickourcocks
WeStillOwnUSC
Cockypantherfan
Stadium Ratings-Site (891)
NBA Wants to Up Age (574)
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (505)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (463)
Construction of Worl (443)
Save Electricity By (390)
HELP calculating acr (324)
How Experienced In P (294)
40 Ways You Know You (265)
Salut Salon "We (119)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
South Carolina @ Auburn S
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Gamecock cheerleader with
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Where will we be preseaso
Kelcy and Vic questioned

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #141
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2013 Shrine Bowl Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
they never offered Mason either. he doesn't seem to have any real issues, so why not offer him? I'm just thinking out loud, but I got a feeling that they had all their attention on the UK commit (Barker?). after the guy committed to UK, the SC coaches didn't feel good enough about their chances with Park and Rudolph, to play catch up. Spurrier is to proud to go crawling to a kid, and play the "sorry we havn't been in touch" card.

didn't Spurrier say once, that he wasn't begging an 18 kid to come play football? I think he was at Florida then, but he let his mindset be known.
bad troll, bad.

a) I don't want my coach begging kids to come play football for our team
b) I'm 100% confident Rudolph and Park were never getting offers.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #142
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Park is clearly an elite athlete for the position and has an NFL-level ceiling. But from what (fairly little) I've seen of him in highlight videos and Shrine game, he's further away from that ceiling than you would think given his lofty ratings. Will be interesting to see how he develops at UGA.
I saw him in the State Championship game. I thought he looked better as a prospect than Rudolph in that game even though they got blown out. Rudolph had the wrs that helped his stats while Park didn't have that help. However, I would not rate him a five star, and to tell you the truth, only his natural ability, and combine star status rates him a four. I think what has been said is true, he loses it in actual game situations, and doesn't have leadership skills. A leader takes responsibility which makes for team chemistry. I think some of the UNC message board posters were making fun of him for that interview, besides thinking he was the worst qb there. They said he sounded like eminem.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #143
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

Did Kalan Ritchie get any PT at DE? If so, how'd he play/ stats if you can find them?

I know he was saying all week that he'd rather play DE than TE in the future.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #144
airborne09
4-Star

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

I've heard park has a pretty big ego.I had also read that there was more to the coach's pulling back on recruiting him.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:44 AM   #145
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne09 View Post
I've heard park has a pretty big ego.I had also read that there was more to the coach's pulling back on recruiting him.
Well I have never meta big time QB who didn't have an ego comes with the territory.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #146
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Well I have never meta big time QB who didn't have an ego comes with the territory.
False
Old 12-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #147
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uga dawg View Post
they never offered Mason either. he doesn't seem to have any real issues, so why not offer him? I'm just thinking out loud, but I got a feeling that they had all their attention on the UK commit (Barker?). after the guy committed to UK, the SC coaches didn't feel good enough about their chances with Park and Rudolph, to play catch up. Spurrier is to proud to go crawling to a kid, and play the "sorry we havn't been in touch" card.

didn't Spurrier say once, that he wasn't begging an 18 kid to come play football? I think he was at Florida then, but he let his mindset be known.
We didn't offer Park. Move on. Every coaching staff has a reason for not offering a particular player.

About Spurrier, he may have said that, and I don't blame him. I don't want players who have to be begged to come here.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:43 PM   #148
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
We didn't offer Park. Move on. Every coaching staff has a reason for not offering a particular player.

About Spurrier, he may have said that, and I don't blame him. I don't want players who have to be begged to come here.
Exactly. We didn't offer Park because the coaches didn't think he had it upstairs.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #149
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
False
I have?
Old 12-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #150
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
I have?
Just the part about it coming with the territory. There are plenty of good QBs that also have some perspective.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #151
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

We have a QB in this class. Enough, since we've been able to redshirt quality players lately. I was glad to see the Gamecock commits get together at the Shrine event and show pride.
Closed Thread