CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
3MTA3
rosstheboss
Spurticus
bigdog2003
spareparts
Gyle41386
i29gman
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (4284)
Cunningham wants to (1089)
ESPN article on Clow (640)
Clemson Georgia Game (618)
Horseshoes has been (442)
Fumble party (343)
1964 World’s Fair (232)
New Led Zep releases (129)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (125)
Truly Inspiring (102)
Name a Gamecock
2015 - Davon Durant
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Kaleb Kim
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
ESPN article on Clowney -
Lattimore's return. An ar
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2016 - Issac Nauta
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle

Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #41
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb
Default Re: Devin Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
Devin is a really good kid and hard worker. They are seriously concerned about whether he should ever play again. This isn't any BS motivational thing.
I agree. I don't think Coach Spurrier would say something like this if it wasn't serious. It is not something that should be used as motivational. Coach does genuinely care about his players and would not do something that underhanded to make a point.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #42
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Word on the street is Devin PASSED his concussion test!!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #43
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

One last Christmas present for Devin & all Gamecocks.....hope this isn't jus a rumor!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 855000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

Would be GREAT news
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #45
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

He tweeted it out so I thinking it's not just a rumor.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #46
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
He tweeted it out so I thinking it's not just a rumor.

That's great news. Hope he can get some Play time during the bowl game.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #47
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Great news.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #48
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

Saw where he got in a wreck the other day and his concussions were the first thing I thought of. I was pumped to here about him Passing his test. Can't wait to see this guy on the field. Class act for sure.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #49
Pty23
4-Star

Male

Pty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his combPty23 is developing his comb

Quote:

That would be amazing news!
Pty23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #50
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pty23 View Post
That would be amazing news!
Coach, does SOS play him in the bowl. I wouldn't. Let him go through winter conditioning and get ready for spring practice.

I'm really happy for him. That must have been hard on him mentally not knowing if he was ever going to play again.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #51
GarnetSwarm1990
4-Star

Male

GarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his combGarnetSwarm1990 is developing his comb

I would say no. Why burn his redshirt now on the last game of the year? He needed to add some weight this year anyway. He's only about 230 right?

I think we are deep enough at DE that he shouldn't be needed.

Glad to see him finally pass it though. I'm excited to see what he can do next year.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 AM   #52
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 95340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Quote:

That's awesome! Does he still want to play football though? I don't know him personally or anything, but I can imagine a physician or trainer saying to him something like "it took 5 months for you to pass this concussion test, are you prepared for the consequences if this type of injury happens again, knowing that the next time could be even worse?"

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #53
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

When I hear it from the coach's or trainer's mouth, I'll jump for joy. Right now, I am excited for the kid but ya never know until the university clears him. But that just gave us a HUGE boost for next year my lord.

Hard not to get excited. This is a kid that I believe was one of the vocal leaders of his class ,on and off the field if I am not mistaken. That was Devin, correct? Really good grades, recruited on Twitter, etc.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #54
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
When I hear it from the coach's or trainer's mouth, I'll jump for joy. Right now, I am excited for the kid but ya never know until the university clears him. But that just gave us a HUGE boost for next year my lord.

Hard not to get excited. This is a kid that I believe was one of the vocal leaders of his class ,on and off the field if I am not mistaken. That was Devin, correct? Really good grades, recruited on Twitter, etc.
correct
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #55
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
That's great news. Hope he can get some Play time during the bowl game.
It is great news for Devin and the whole team.

However, it would be silly to play him in the bpwl game. Not only would he lose the entire year of eligibility, but he hasn't been practicing. There's no way he could get accustomed to game speed after missing the whole season.

Let him get some bowl practices under his belt, then come out and have a great Spring, get ready for next year,
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #56
ScottK
4-Star

Male

ScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervousScottK is making other chickens nervous

From what I understand he has not been able to workout until now, so I really don't think he'd be ready for the bowl game.
ScottK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #57
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
I would say no. Why burn his redshirt now on the last game of the year? He needed to add some weight this year anyway. He's only about 230 right?

I think we are deep enough at DE that he shouldn't be needed.

Glad to see him finally pass it though. I'm excited to see what he can do next year.
I'm with you. No reason to play him.
Let him do some light practice this week, because there is no way he is in shape right now.

Let him ease into winter workouts and hopefully be ready to go to work in the spring.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #58
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Good news.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #59
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
It is great news for Devin and the whole team.

However, it would be silly to play him in the bpwl game. Not only would he lose the entire year of eligibility, but he hasn't been practicing. There's no way he could get accustomed to game speed after missing the whole season.

Let him get some bowl practices under his belt, then come out and have a great Spring, get ready for next year,

Ah yeah forgot about the RS. Got a little excited. Hope he's ready for next year.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #60
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

We might need him next year. If he is really 100% good to go, he has a chance to start or at least be on the 2 deep.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote