CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
bigdog2003
gamecock88
roosterdude21
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
Larenz Bryant update (1565)
Joeckel Transfering (888)
UK's Whitlow to tran (643)
Victor Hampton Arres (619)
2016 - Greg Little (597)
response from charte (448)
What type of snake i (426)
Wu Tang affiliated r (368)
13 Vintage Internet (222)
Korean ship carrying (185)
Playstation 4
A'ja Wilson
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Attendance next season
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Joeckel Transfering from
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
The case for Clowney at #
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 12-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #61
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney Gets Another Speeding Ticket

As a fellow speeder on the interstate, he probably wasn't doing any harm to anyone on the road. He probably didn't kill anyone, threaten anyone, or come close to doing either. He was probably just driving too fast.

Let's not treat this like he almost ran over a kid in a neighborhood driving too fast. He was on the interstate, going over the speed limit. Something that 100% of the people who are commenting on this thread (with a legal drivers license) have probably done.

40 over the speed limit is bad, I'm not saying it's not. But 29 over the speed limit isn't that bad. It looks bad, sure. But is 13 over the speed limit bad? Horrible? No. Does I-77 go from 70 to 60, to 55 within 5 miles? Yes. I can't tell you how many times I've driven from Charlotte to Columbia and completely forgot about the speed changes and driven through the 55 MPH hour at 87 MPH. He got caught, that sucks for him.

However, can we talk about why the media is publicizing this!? When I get a ticket, I don't get put on the news. And I know you're thinking "Well, it's cause he is Clowney..." That's beside the point. If I played football I'd be on the news for playing football, or football related things. If I saved a baby from a house fire, I'd be on the news for saving someones life. If I did something great for the community I'd be on the news for it. But what makes Clowney so much more important than anyone in South Carolina to where when he gets a ticket it gets put on the news?
Old 12-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #62
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Spurrier on Clowney's 2nd speeding ticket in several weeks, "I guess he won't have a problem paying for it soon"
Old 12-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #63
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

can you imagine if we had a thread for every player that got a traffic ticket? My god this place would be flooded with crap.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #64
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
As a fellow speeder on the interstate, he probably wasn't doing any harm to anyone on the road. He probably didn't kill anyone, threaten anyone, or come close to doing either. He was probably just driving too fast.

Let's not treat this like he almost ran over a kid in a neighborhood driving too fast. He was on the interstate, going over the speed limit. Something that 100% of the people who are commenting on this thread (with a legal drivers license) have probably done.

40 over the speed limit is bad, I'm not saying it's not. But 29 over the speed limit isn't that bad. It looks bad, sure. But is 13 over the speed limit bad? Horrible? No. Does I-77 go from 70 to 60, to 55 within 5 miles? Yes. I can't tell you how many times I've driven from Charlotte to Columbia and completely forgot about the speed changes and driven through the 55 MPH hour at 87 MPH. He got caught, that sucks for him.

However, can we talk about why the media is publicizing this!? When I get a ticket, I don't get put on the news. And I know you're thinking "Well, it's cause he is Clowney..." That's beside the point. If I played football I'd be on the news for playing football, or football related things. If I saved a baby from a house fire, I'd be on the news for saving someones life. If I did something great for the community I'd be on the news for it. But what makes Clowney so much more important than anyone in South Carolina to where when he gets a ticket it gets put on the news?
that's what I am getting at above. The SOLE thing that comes out of this is a Clowney joke here and there about speeding from Clemptech fans
Old 12-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #65
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Per ESPN...The HBC comments on the situation....and I quote....I hope they send him to driving school....After the bowl game...
Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 AM   #66
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Big whoop. I've had six speeding tickets and I've gotten them all in twos. It sucks.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #67
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I lost count of how many speeders I saw going back and forth to Columbia this season.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:19 AM   #68
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

THIS STORY IS ON SPORTSCENTER. ESPN = TMZ for athletes

I swear on my life they actually did a piece on it. I'm sure once they got the Spurrier quote, it went from ESPNNEWS to ESPN
Old 12-27-2013, 02:29 AM   #69
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
Every time you come through that area there is a cop there with radar cloccking cars.
Well I live off st Andrews, coming from DT everyday there are rarely cops at malfunction junction, the cops stack up right after the St. Andrews exit all the way until 20 turns to 2 lanes going to Chapin. Usual in malfunction junction though there aren't cops

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:58 AM   #70
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Why?
How the hell else do you drive? Car insurance isn't cheap and speeding tickets don't help.......
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #71
GSC2013
Recruit

Male

GSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his combGSC2013 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
That spot is a trap for them. That being said, Clowney needs to slow it down.
Maybe a "trap", but guess what? THey messed up bad. They accidentally posted all these cheat sheets around the city. They're on these big metal plates, stuck on metal poles. They tell us how to beat their traps. Not sure why the idiots posted those, they get me out of traps all the time!
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #72
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 0
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

The guy is definitely going full speed now. If he only had played as hard as he drives.....kidding.

Coaches should consider some type of suspension for the 1st half of a practice or something.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #73
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
The guy is definitely going full speed now. If he only had played as hard as he drives.....kidding.

Coaches should consider some type of suspension for the 1st half of a practice or something.
No way Moving Violations are worthy of suspensions. Also 84 in that spot is an absolute normality.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #74
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 30812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Maybe a "trap", but guess what? THey messed up bad. They accidentally posted all these cheat sheets around the city. They're on these big metal plates, stuck on metal poles. They tell us how to beat their traps. Not sure why the idiots posted those, they get me out of traps all the time!
Lol.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #75
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
Preaching to the choir here, chief. Already said Clowney has screwed up. He was wrong, and may lose his license over it.

Simply stating that in the time I have spent in Columbia, I have seen a lot of people pulled in that area. Doesn't make it right.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #76
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I'm irritated by this. Clowney should be going fast every time he drives. I'm tired of him taking off whenever he feels like it

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #77
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

There's no defending his driving IMO. If he was going 10 over or maybe even 20, then that's one thing. He gets a ticket going 40 over and then another going 30 over a couple weeks later? Just shows he doesnt GAF. Hopefully he matures and realizes that speed limits and other traffic laws exist for a reason. Hopefully he's not one of those dbags who tailgate people at 100 MPH.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #78
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

SIAP - Arkansas AD allegedly popping off at Spurrier about the reaction. Butt hurt from getting destroyed by us this year?

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/...peeding-ticket

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #79
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
How the hell else do you drive? Car insurance isn't cheap and speeding tickets don't help.......
Are you curious how any other college football player pays for their insurance? He's not the only player to drive a car. I bet Connor Shaw drives a car, do you wonder how he pays for it, too?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #80
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

I reckon that arky ad had a point...if clowney was driving a motorcycle, wrecked, was haVing an affair and lied about it.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote