CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Cockypantherfan
roosterdude21
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spurticus
qcgamecock
BeatBamaTwice
Roosterdog
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1513)
The #AskEmmert Q& (473)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (197)
Peach Bowl name retu (187)
Construction of Worl (152)
Save Electricity By (136)
Stadium Ratings-Site (108)
HELP calculating acr (101)
How Experienced In P (55)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2015 - Davon Durant
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Amazon Fire TV
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material
Default PC Gaming Conversation

Okay, so we all know there are games for some people and games that are NOT for some people...first of all this is not a BEST GAME OF ALL TIME thing...

Because for an exhaustive list to NOT include Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kingdom Hearts etc...this crime should be punishable by death.

Maybe we could each list our favorite games we've played (beyond just nostalgia) and why we enjoyed them...sort of a compendium from various gamers. I know I haven't played many games outside of my preferred genre and at time I wonder what I've missed

Now that PCs are back on par with consoles (in my mind far beyond consoles...) I'd like to list my favorite games and if I can phrase it, why i enjoy them.

1. Skyrim
First of all with the right add-ons (stable ones) this game is stunning graphically, the game has bugs sure...most do but the workshop/nexus has fixes for most of them
The game has enough side missions and random occurrences for me to have logged over 200 play hours and STILL be interested in it...which shocks the hell out of me.

2. Mass Effect Series
These games are both fun AND nostalgic for me, I wish they had changed some things in M3 but still very entertaining and the story is great! ME appeals to the adventurer in me bc of all the races and social dynamics and because it seems more "technologically" realistic than say star wars where their tech seems to digress...I play these through during the non-football months.

3. Fable
This game is stylized fun. Meh on the story but the gameplay is entertaining and I was excited to play fable II..too bad 2 is onyl on Xbox and III is strange but oddly fun as well as available on PC

4. KOTOR (NOT THE MMO)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic...a classic and considered by many to be the best RPG of all time...it is older and the graphics aren't all spiffy and new, but the depth of story and the sheer SW aspect counts for quite a bit for me. Very fun and a Must have for any SW or RPG fan...even though it's a step in the wrong direction for graphic must-haves.

Honorable Mentions:
-World of Warcraft...I lvoe this game, I really do. I love it just as much as i HATE it...I hate the attachment I feel to characters and stories and other people inj this MMO. I love it as much as I HATE, HATE, HATE Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria expansions....I HATE that WOW has made me hopeful for Warlords of Draenor expansion

If you are an addictive personality...avoid this game.

-Baldur's Gate 1 & 2/Throne of Bhaal--an original rpg that is one of the first true computer games I ever played...so it's likely nostalgic

AVOID AT ALL COSTS:
SWTOR the mmo
I was stupid excited about this game and I now feel like my testicles were dipped in a wood chipper, covered with molten cheese and tossed casually into a briar patch. Terrible game as far as MMO's go. BioWare SHOULD have made this single-player WITH a multiplayer optional function because in all honesty....The leveling storylines are (true to Bioware's roots) some of the best in ALL of gaming...but the implementation of the MMO was tragic and terribad...simply stated, it went free to play within a year of an 8 year waiting period.

I've played all the Bioshock games and I was never impressed, they moved slowly and I just didn't like any of them.

Last edited by Biocockanics; 12-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Biocockanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: PC Gaming Conversation

Haha so true about WoW.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

recently picked up WoW again after being a pretty avid player from release. I hate myself.

USCremedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Bioshock: Infinite is the only one I've played and it is truly one of the best games I've ever played. Deep story and the game is beautiful. Fallout series is another good one.

USCremedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

League of legends. Been playing about a year and a half now. No matter what other games I play I always come back.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
recently picked up WoW again after being a pretty avid player from release. I hate myself.
Oh snap! My buddy who I work out with just recently got WoW again also... I'm trying not to go over to his place haha.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Counter-strike is another game I found myself playing a lot when I was younger. I never liked source, but I played a TON of 1.5 and 1.6.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #8
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

No PC gaming discussion can be complete without Starcraft. The original is over a decade old and I could pop it in and play it from the beginning right now.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

TONS of games on sale at Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #10
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

I have to say that I was really impressed with Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. The graphics for the oceans and the movement of the ships while sailing actually felt real and they had weight to them. This is the first game I have played that did the sailing geometries right.

Borderlands 2 was a lot of fun.

I agree with Skyrim. The amount of content is amazing.

I have to throw Rocksmith 2014 in here. It is one of the best tutorial guitar games(really not a game) out there. If you play the guitar or want to learn I highly recommend this software. It will keep you interested and is very in-depth with lessons and little side games that help you work on your technique. I was skeptical at first but have came away highly impressed.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

The problem with PC gaming, is the poor selection of sports games.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24997962
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51

The extent of my PC game was games like "Kings Quest," "Duke NUkem," and a few other games I can't recall.........The last PC-online FPS I played was "Urban Terror." A free FPS from Frozen Sands, and I liked it, and played it alot in the Philippines because the lack of high internet use the high-speed internet was extremely fast. If I could ever get fast internet that isn't metered here in the U.S. or I go back to the Philippines I might try U.T. again.

Gapo
Old 12-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #13
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
TONS of games on sale at Steam right now: http://store.steampowered.com/holidaysale/
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition $9.99. Wow, highly recommend that.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #14
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
This is why you play sports games on a console and play shooter or MMO type games on a PC. I never really liked playing shooter games on a console bc it is so much better to aim with a mouse rather than a joystick.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #15
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

I loved Battlefield 1942. Also played a lot of rome total war and a ton of day of defeat source.

Also really liked wwii online. One of my favorite gaming moments was defending a city with about 500 other germans aganst 700 to 900 americans. All real people. Never felt so hopeless in a video game. We eventually ran out of ammo and supplies. Wih the Americans bombing our factories every single day. Man it was fun. Ill tell you what tho, we gave it to em.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

I'll add a couple of games that I think are pretty good.

Fallout 3- Great RPG/FPS game. Made by the same folks who did TES series.
Nothing like shooting a supermutants head off while listening to classic 50's music.
I would of added New Vegas on here, but for some reason the Mojave Wasteland isn't the same as Capital Wasteland. I guess I like the Urban environment more than the Rural. Hope Bethesda makes Fallout 4 set in a big city like New York, or Chicago, that would be awesome.

The Witcher - Only started playing through the first game. I like it so far, and heard it's a pretty good game.

Additional notes.

Don't know if you already knew Biocock, but KOTOR 1 and 2 has mods for them that added in deleted content from the game. I think it's worth another playthrough. Not to mention someone changed up the leveling system in KOTOR 2 to follow the rules of the Starwars d20(1st edition) Made the leveling up interesting since certain jedi classes could only choose certain powers at certain levels as they were unlocked for the different classes. Sucked for some classes though, because I think you missed choosing powers at some of the level ups because of the lack of powers to choose.

I'm not a fanboy, but I think the people who don't care about sports games, and have a lot of income to spare, PC gaming is the way to go. The custimization you can do on the PC trumps all the other platforms. A good example is setting up a Cockpit for a flight sim, or a Racecar for a Racing sim. Use of multiple controller inputs as well. The downside of PC is the older games are tougher to play on the newer OS's.
Being on this forum though it's probably tough to find people who don't like Sports Games

Last edited by rioninusc; 12-27-2013 at 05:09 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #17
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
No PC gaming discussion can be complete without Starcraft. The original is over a decade old and I could pop it in and play it from the beginning right now.

One of the only games to kill someone. Let me rephrase that one of the only games that someone played for 3 days without getting food, water, or sleep, and then died.

Last edited by rioninusc; 12-27-2013 at 05:58 PM.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
RockRocks787
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1510
RockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPitRockRocks787 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to RockRocks787

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Believe it or not, there is still a big community for Madden 08 on PC. It's sad that I can get a more up to date roster on there than I can get on Madden 13.

RockRocks787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #19
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

My favorite PC game I've played are KOTOR and Borderlands..also liked Counterstrike and Team Fortress.

As far as all-time games...
the original Mario Brothers (if you don't like it, you aren't a true gamer)
Zelda:Ocarina of Time (such a fun game, with a great story)
Starfox 64 (one of the most replayable games ever imo)
Donkey Kong Country (one of the first 3D games made by Nintendo)
Viewtiful Joe (def. a niche game)
Batman: Arkham City (IMO, best Batman game ever made...wasn't a big fan of Arkham Origins).
GoldenEye (graphics awful by today's standards, but it was THE SHOOTER on the N64).

Telling I'm partial to platformers.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #20
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The entire Elder Scrolls universe has been awesome. Morrowind, Oblivion, and of course, Skyrim are all playable. Recently Steam released an updated version of Baldur's Gate 2 if you want to go back to some Forgotten Realms stuff. Overall I like just about everything that Bioware has done. I am partial to RPGs such as Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fallout, etc. Diablo and other loot busters too. Currently playing one, Van Helsing, that I got on a Steam sale for $5. I have been beta testing Elder Scrolls Online and will be on that upon release on 4-4-14. I also like pure adventure games as well. As far as the strategy genre goes I have played every issue of Civilization. Also have played every Heroes of Might and Magic.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote