CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2803)
how has more ESPN an (1535)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1079)
Gamecock Legacy recr (758)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (495)
22 ways to annoy peo (384)
$15 home AC (361)
Hope Springs Eternal (294)
Why sports will alwa (253)
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Steak and eggs
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested

Old 12-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #61
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clowney not in Top 3 of McShay's First Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Mocks in December are useless, but McShay is right that there are a bunch of teams without franchise quarterbacks currently in the Top 7

1-Houston
3-Tampa Bay
4-Cleveland
6-Jacksonville
7-Oakland

St. Louis has Washington's pick, but the Rams are committed to Bradford as their guy and they already have Robert Quinn and Chris Long on the outside, negating the need for Clowney.

Unless Tampa or Cleveland passes on the chance to get a young quarterback to build around, Clowney is probably ATL bound.
What QB's are really worth a top 3 pick other than Bridgewater? Teams will either trade down to get their QBs or look to get one in free agency or a trade. And I think you if you think teams are going to all be desperate for that elusive "FRANCHISE" QB, I think you kidding yourself. Most will just try to get some kind of upgrade at the position. You got guys like Michael Vick and Kirk Cousins out there.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #62
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I think he absolutely wows scouts at the combines and personal workouts and goes 1 or 2. Just got a feeling from what I've been reading recently.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #63
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I think he absolutely wows scouts at the combines and personal workouts and goes 1 or 2. Just got a feeling from what I've been reading recently.
Yea I've had this feeling since he stepped foot on campus. Just wait till the combine. He is going to put on a clinic, thus solidifying him as the number 1 draft pick.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #64
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

QB's are the need of the top few teams. I'm not sure combines will change this.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:45 PM   #65
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Latt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPitLatt7more rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
QB's are the need of the top few teams. I'm not sure combines will change this.
We won't know till the draft, but I think if Clowney participates in the combine then he will be the number 1 pick.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #66
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latt7more View Post
Yea I've had this feeling since he stepped foot on campus. Just wait till the combine. He is going to put on a clinic, thus solidifying him as the number 1 draft pick.
Doesn't this depend on how injured he really is. We don't know 100% the full extent of his injuries in his foot/ankle. This could require surgery in the offseason that could limit him in the combine.

Keywords there are obvious: Could

People will brush this off like its no big deal, but he's been playing injured all season - and he's had a history of injuries with his feet/ankle since he was in high school.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #67
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Doesn't this depend on how injured he really is. We don't know 100% the full extent of his injuries in his foot/ankle. This could require surgery in the offseason that could limit him in the combine.

People will brush this off like its no big deal, but he's been playing injured all season - and he's had a history of injuries with his feet/ankle since he was in high school.
He will go #1 Overall.. I am sorry but any GM willing to gamble on a QB because they need one as a franchise QB over this guy, is retarded and making a worse business decision than A&E did with the whole Phil Robertson fiasco.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #68
Latt7more
Ball so hard...

Male

Quote:

That's a possibility for sure, but regardless he will participate in a pro day at the least. If for some reason the surgery required him to heal all the way up to or past the draft then I imagine he'll delay the surgery.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #69
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
He will go #1 Overall.. I am sorry but any GM willing to gamble on a QB because they need one as a franchise QB over this guy, is retarded and making a worse business decision than A&E did with the whole Phil Robertson fiasco.
12 out of the last 15 drafts have featured a QB going #1 overall. This is probably due to the fact that the QB position is normally the lifeline of a team. If a team has a QB, it generally has a fighting chance. If a team fails to have a QB, they generally aren't very good.

This is also because franchise QB mean exactly what they sound like. Franchise QB's last for years...and are people you can build your team around. So drafting those players that you think are "Franchise" caliber really outweighs everything else.

So if a team with the #1 pick in the draft has a need for a QB, and thinks that Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, or any other QB in this draft is a potential franchise QB, it wouldn't be so surprising to see one of them taken #1 overall in the draft.

Last edited by CarolinaGnB521; 12-27-2013 at 11:54 PM.
CarolinaGnB521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #70
uga dawg
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
uga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudlyuga dawg is crowing loudly

Quote:

I've brought this up a time or two whenever someone has mentioned him burning it up at the combine. If he is gonna get his issues repaired, then he will need to get after it as soon as the bowl game is over. he should be plenty healed enough to go on Pro Day. I think he sits out the combine in favor of the surgery/pro day scenario.

I even think I heard it on the radio this past week, that right now, that is his plans. he will go in the top 10 even if he sits out the combine and pro day. I think getting his issues taken care of should trump wanting to be the number 1 overall pick.
uga dawg is offline   Reply With Quote