CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Miguel O'Hara
robert40
behindenemylines
weatheredxtown
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (7329)
Sindarius Thornwell (628)
BREAD (600)
Dress shirt help (412)
Best Child Acting Pe (379)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (255)
Well gameday just go (233)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (186)
South Carolina @ Aub (176)
Unsung Hero (139)
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Softball takes final game
BREAD
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
boiled peanuts
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu

Old 12-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #2381
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: OFFICIAL 2013 Panthers Draft/Preseason/Season Thread

Well deserved!

Defensive player of the week: Luke Kuechly, 24 tackles, one interception

The Carolina Panthers linebacker was one tackle away from tying Brian Urlacher's single-game tackle record. That alone is reason to celebrate the second-year player.

Kuechly was a huge reason the Panthers won on Sunday. He was charged with stopping the Saints' potent screen passing game, and routinely found himself in the backfield just as the ball was hitting Darren Sproles' hands. This stopped the New Orleans offense before it started, and prompted a gutsy win, with a little help from the rain.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #2382
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Well deserved!

Defensive player of the week: Luke Kuechly, 24 tackles, one interception

The Carolina Panthers linebacker was one tackle away from tying Brian Urlacher's single-game tackle record. That alone is reason to celebrate the second-year player.

Kuechly was a huge reason the Panthers won on Sunday. He was charged with stopping the Saints' potent screen passing game, and routinely found himself in the backfield just as the ball was hitting Darren Sproles' hands. This stopped the New Orleans offense before it started, and prompted a gutsy win, with a little help from the rain.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #2383
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Congrats to Luke Kuechly, Cam Newton, Mike Tolbert, Ryan Kalil and Greg Hardy on being selected to the 2014 Pro Bowl
Old 12-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #2384
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material
Default OFFICIAL 2013 Panthers Draft/Preseason/Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Congrats to Luke Kuechly, Cam Newton, Mike Tolbert, Ryan Kalil and Greg Hardy on being selected to the 2014 Pro Bowl

Just beat me lol

Wonder how close Mitchell was, at one point I know he was close to top of league for picks, either way, his play and physicality have been huge for us

Also have to wonder about Thomas Davis, he has had a great year, don't really follow olbs around league tho so maybe other guys were better but I kinda doubt it

speaking of TD, here's a great article espn did on him recently

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...58&src=desktop
Old 12-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #2385
GoldenSpur7
Veritas vincit ...

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

^^^ How 'bout Tank Tolbert?! Congrats! Kalil doesn't get enough credit - his return has had a huge impact.
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #2386
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

@DeAngeloRB: Cam luke and ryan too but LOL at anyone who didnt vote for thomas davis trust me no one one our team wants to play in that 'bowl' anyways!!
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #2387
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Thomas Davis should have made it hands down. I'm sure he'll still make the trip somehow.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #2388
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thomas Davis should have made it hands down. I'm sure he'll still make the trip somehow.
He will prob win comeback POY, or is he already one year removed? Sorry, I'm in a tired semi fuzzy state right now... Had a lot of vino last night.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #2389
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

The pro bowl is such a crock of shit.
Some of the guys that didn't make it is ridiculous, and then at the end of the day they'll end up making it because people back out.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #2390
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Going to Atlanta tomorrow.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #2391
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

if i was TD and i did make it, no way in hell would i play in that game

why risk tearing your ACL again in a meaningless game?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #2392
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
if i was TD and i did make it, no way in hell would i play in that game

why risk tearing your ACL again in a meaningless game?
Agreed.

Its turned into a game for QBs and WRs.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #2393
GH

Male

GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/...e-5b965a001f68
Old 12-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #2394
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Davis got hosed but the pro bowl is a joke anyway.

I am getting jacked up for the game tomorrow! Gotta get that bye.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #2395
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Still remember the meltdown a good amount of the fans had on CT when they drafted him.
(ACC scrub, take ingram etc)

See how thats working out...

#LukeForMod

Old 12-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #2396
GH

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Garnet View Post
Still remember the meltdown a good amount of the fans had on CT when they drafted him.

I really like watching him play. He is always around the ball.

Keuchly was definitely a great pick.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #2397
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
I really like watching him play. He is always around the ball.

Keuchly was definitely a great pick.
Big fan of those type of MLBs/ILBs. Sean Lee, Brian Urlacher, Zach Thomas, Jack Lambert, Junior Seau.

Real captains of the defense.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #2398
GH

Male

Quote:

From the 2012 NFL Draft Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
Panthers select Luke Kuechly, hahahahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
HAHA they picked an ACC slob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockykevin View Post
Kuechly to the Panthers
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Panthers NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Beast. Beason+Kuchely is going to be up there with the best of them.
Quote:
LOL they compared him to Urlacher
Quote:
Great Pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCooper View Post
ill take it
Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Luke Kuechly. I like this pick. Just a baller. 191 tackles last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Good pick for the Panthers.
Quote:
Him and Beason is beastly
Quote:
Ok, I took off my garnet glasses. This is actually a great pick. We need depth at LB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
They could have gotten him further in the round what a waste. MI6 was the best available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Perfect spot for Gilmore with the pass rushers we have. Would have preferred Kuechly but I'll gladly take Gilmore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
LOL at the Charlotte Panthers. You have a 6 pack of root beer playing defensive tackle and there are two great defensive tackles available and what do you do? Take another linebacker when you are 4 deep at that position.

I can't wait to see how Panthers fans spin this as being a good thing.
Quote:
They already have and it's hilarious. Scroll back, he's the new Urlacher
Quote:
Who are the Charlotte Panthers? I've never heard of the Charlotte Panthers.

LB is an injury prone position for the Carolina Panthers, we need the depth.
Quote:
I'm a Panthers fan and I think the pick sucked. Cox should have been the pick. Marty Hurney is an idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaCock View Post
lol. The Panthers have two LBs coming off of major injuries and the best LB in the draft is a bad pick?

Kuechly will move inside and Beason outside. Talk about a nasty combo. Best they could have done with a DT is add a decent backup. Neither Cox nor Brockers would have started.
Quote:
Thomas Davis has 3 torn acl's in 2 years. They needed the help. I dont think they expected Keuchly to be available. I am glad they picked him.
Quote:
Panthers will regret not taking Cox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
If you need depth, you draft a guy in the 5th round or later or sign some proven veteran free agent. You don't draft a linebacker 9th overall to provide depth when you have a glaring weakness and top talents available to take care of that weakness.

Watch, the Charlotte Panthers will miss the playoffs again this year, but their little fans will still swing from Cammy Cam's nuts and blame the defense and say that they need to get a defensive tackle, ignoring the fact that they neglected the weakness to provide depth at a position that really doesn't need it.

I could have understood the logic of passing up a defensive tackle if you were picking up an elite secondary player like Gilmore or even Kirkpatrick, because you can never have too many good pass defenders or hell even picking up a receiver because the more weapons you have there the more pressure you can put on the defense. Hell even taking an offensive lineman would have been better, because if you can control the lines, you can control a game, but nope.

Keep drinking that kool-aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
wonder what the panther got for everybody
Quote:
Alright time for the Panthers to pick. Hopefully something good and needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
I'll grade the Panthers' picks;

Kuechly- A. The guy I wanted the Panthers to take assuming Claibourne was off the board, which he was. A tackling machine with extreme instincts and great coverage ability. Should become a top NFL linebacker very quickly.

Silatolu- B+. Borderline A pick, Silatolu was in first round discussion for many, including potentially to the Ravens or Steelers. A big mauler, he's drawn comparisons to another small-school stud, Mike Iupati, and should immediately compete for a starting position, and if he lives up to expectations, will a mauling, Pro Bowl caliber guard.

Frank Alexander- C. Mediocre pick. Decent prospect who may develop into a nice situational passrusher, but I don't see really anything too special about him. Don't hate the pick, don't love it either.

Joe Adams- A. Pure steal. Will be one of the league's most electrifying return men as soon as he gets on the field, and may develop into a good, quick slot receiver. Even if he doesn't factor too largely in the passing game, his return skills will make him a star alone.

Josh Norman- B. Has the talent to develop into a reliable starting corner. Character concerns and questions about the talent he matched up against, but for the value, a good overall pick.

Brad Nortman- C. Not going to excite anyone, but he fills a major need and had a pretty good collegiate career, particularly with putting balls within the 20. Really more of B grade draft pick, but I just have a hard time giving any punter pick as anything more than an average grade.

D.J. Campbell- C. I'll for once entertain the calls for drafting a Gamecock and say I would have preferred Antonio Allen. Nothing really good or bad about the pick, although he was brought in for special teams skills, where he may turn into a value player.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #2399
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

GH, yup.

He's become the best MLB In the NFL.
I think if the 2012 draft was "re done" he'd be taken 3rd.
If anything he def wouldn't have lasted to where he was taken.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #2400
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Haha. That was a funny read.

Where is Dwight I wonder???