CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 12-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #81
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Ticket sales going well?

I expect it to be mostly South Carolina fans. Glad to be able to add to it!

Also... If any of y'all want to get an idea of what the field looks like from your seat, go to stub hub.com (but you can't do it on tablet for some reason). Type in capital one bowl. Hover over your section and it will give you a rendering of what your field view is.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #82
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Wisconsin normally travels well, yes.

However any fanbase will definitely take a hit in its "travel" when they are very upset about their season.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #83
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftertwobowls View Post
UCF only sold 7.5k of their 17.5k allotment for the Fiesta Bowl and returned the other 10k. I heard Stubhub has Fiesta Bowl tickets for $20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenardier View Post
If you're a UCF fan why would you want to witness that slaughter?
Im not even sure UCF has 17,000 fans that dont include students.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #84
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 230
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Im not even sure UCF has 17,000 fans that dont include students.
haha ya but they do have around 80k students if you count all their campuses. 65k in orlando

ultimatetailgater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #85
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

The problem is not the amount of fans. The problem is that they know they shouldn't be in the BCS, and know they are probably going to get trashed by Baylor. Then add on the fact that Glendale, Arizona is over 2,100 miles from Orlando.

This is the same exact problem that UCONN had, and it will always be a problem in bowl games when bowls are forced to take teams that don't deserve a highly rated bowl, and forced to take teams thousands of miles away...
Old 12-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #86
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
The problem is not the amount of fans. The problem is that they know they shouldn't be in the BCS, and know they are probably going to get trashed by Baylor. Then add on the fact that Glendale, Arizona is over 2,100 miles from Orlando.

This is the same exact problem that UCONN had, and it will always be a problem in bowl games when bowls are forced to take teams that don't deserve a highly rated bowl, and forced to take teams thousands of miles away...
I think the game will be closer than some expect. Baylor is not a great defensive team and UCF can run, throw short and move the chains.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:27 AM   #87
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I think the game will be closer than some expect. Baylor is not a great defensive team and UCF can run, throw short and move the chains.
I'll take ucf by 10
Old 12-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #88
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

anybody that buys BCS tickets through the schools allotment is silly. I would expected this for a lot of games this year outside the NCG.

edit - and while I'm on the fiesta tangent.. my god I cannot wait for the Bortles vs. Petty matchup. Two of IMO the top three pure passers in the game this year. Back to our ticket sales
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #89
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material
Default Ticket sales going well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post

Yes I'm not understanding these comments about UCF getting blown out. I actually had a little trouble picking this game, although I did end up choosing Baylor. Baylor is not invincible... They got man handled by OkSt and struggled more towards the end of the year. UCF is a solid team, if you haven't figured that out yet, I don't know what to tell you.

I actually have no problem with UCF in a BCS bowl. They are much more deserving than a Fresno St or N.Illinois.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #90
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
man that was a cold miserable day.
I sat on pizza boxes and still froze my #ss off.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #91
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I expect us to outnumber them significantly from all I have seen and heard.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #92
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

I was at the military bowl yesterday. There were about 30,200 fans according to the media, but it seemed like more. It was a good time for the 4 kids I had in tote, all boys. Basically these bowl games are a fun time for the fans and players. The game itself was almost an afterthought yesterday with all the activities they had to do. I am sure the Capital One will be even a bigger outing. If I were closer I would go. I just can't afford to buy the tickets and travel, hotel, and meals. That's why it's good they have the bowls spread out over the east coast and Texas. If you can afford it or live in FL yeah support the Gamecocks. I went out and supported MD yesterday against Marshall. I wore my Gamecock hooded and got lots of "Go Cocks" from the crowd there.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #93
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
man that was a cold miserable day.
I was there too...first bowl game I ever attended. It was so cold, our fire in the grill went out.

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:56 PM   #94
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Glad to say that my family added 8 tickets to the Gamecock side. I am looking forward to being there and cheering till I am hoarse, like I did last year in Tampa.
I would be really surprised if we didn't FAR outnumber them in the stands. It is a LONG way from Wisconsin to FL.

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #95
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Yes I'm not understanding these comments about UCF getting blown out. I actually had a little trouble picking this game, although I did end up choosing Baylor. Baylor is not invincible... They got man handled by OkSt and struggled more towards the end of the year. UCF is a solid team, if you haven't figured that out yet, I don't know what to tell you.

I actually have no problem with UCF in a BCS bowl. They are much more deserving than a Fresno St or N.Illinois.

I don't have a problem with them being in the bowl. I have a problem with the BCS not allowing the best teams in the best bowls. The BCS bowls (Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, National Championship) should feature the top 10 in the BCS. How does teams ranked in the top 10 get skipped for CUSA teams?

Which is why I can't wait for SOS to actually mean something.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #96
Tim Taylor
Banned

Male

Tim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPitTim Taylor rules the CockPit

UCF is not a CUSA team. They are an AAC team (former Big East). Don't let their conference fool you, they are a good program.
Tim Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #97
rioninusc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 555
rioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudlyrioninusc is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
UCF is not a CUSA team. They are an AAC team (former Big East). Don't let their conference fool you, they are a good program.
Might want to check that history. IIRC UCF joined this year from the Conference USA, after the ACC gutted the Big East for teams last year.
rioninusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #98
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Taylor View Post
I don't care about that, you are not looking at my point. The BCS puts out rankings of the top teams in the country, then DOESN'T USE their own rankings for putting the best 10 teams in the country in the top paying/top tier bowl games.

Do you not see the stupidity in this logic?

That would be like me putting out a final rankings, and then selecting teams ranked 5 and 12 to play in the National Championship. While the BCS would never do that for the National Championship, they decided that one of the 4 best bowls outside of it should just skip top 10 ranked teams to let the 15th best team play in it due to STUPID rules.

I've always thought this, and not just because we jot skipped the past 2 years.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #99
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
Glad to say that my family added 8 tickets to the Gamecock side. I am looking forward to being there and cheering till I am hoarse, like I did last year in Tampa.
I would be really surprised if we didn't FAR outnumber them in the stands. It is a LONG way from Wisconsin to FL.
I bet Wisconsin fans are still salty from that PSU loss. And they went to the rose bowl the past 3 years so they probably see this as a downgrade.
uscgamecocks88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #100
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

The BCS should just rank 1 and 2. The rest of the rankings don't matter when it comes to bowl selection. Every other stupid rule determines bowl selection.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote