CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
2000grad
sporkgod50
usc1
ReadR00ster
Cock Kool-Aid
rosstheboss
Order 66
803scdantes
**USC vs. Charleston (4054)
Kelcy and Vic questi (2219)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Steele projects AP t (843)
US Air nsfw tweet (688)
I like how Frank sou (604)
Ahh...The Masters (464)
boiled peanuts (463)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (427)
Tax day freebies (424)
The case for Clowney at #
Hillsborough
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Auburn Hires Pearl
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Charleston Sout
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
GTA V online
A'ja Wilson
Aggie game coming in from

Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #2401
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material
Default Re: OFFICIAL 2013 Panthers Draft/Preseason/Season Thread

This is my favorite post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One
They could have gotten him further in the round what a waste. MI6 was the best available.

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #2402
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

It's super easy to overreact and that is what just about everyone did.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #2403
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
From the 2012 NFL Draft Thread:
haha at alot of those responses my favorites were from Spareparts (b/c he always thinks he knows everything and goes on ridiculous rants....he laughed at Luke being compared to Urlacher....bet he aint laughing now), falcon fans laughing at the pick....they wont be laughing today as they watch Luke shut them down, and usc90grad being wrong is always nice

you wont find a neg post from me about Luke, thought he was the best defensive player coming out of that draft and he proved me right, told a friend who a buc fan that they gonna regret not taking him over Baron.....he does now

altho i have missed on guys before, i thought adams was a great pick and barner too, so far barner hasnt done anything so i look bad on those two....but i did say AJ Klein was a poor mans Luke and the little he has played he looks like he will be starting next year or soon after

also last year at the end of the year i said we needed a run stuffing DT, most disagreed and wanted a CB with last year's first....i went through every game and broke down how teams with power run games destroyed our D, we then draft Star and Short (which i was kinda iffy about at first just cause taking two DTs back to back, nothing against his talent) and we #1 scoring D in NFL
Old 12-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #2404
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

freek, I think the problem was a good amount of panthers fans are also USC alums or fans.

So a lot were pissed they passed up Ingram or Gilmore for a guy that played in the ACC.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #2405
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
freek, I think the problem was a good amount of panthers fans are also USC alums or fans.

So a lot were pissed they passed up Ingram or Gilmore for a guy that played in the ACC.
understood, and while i appreciate those gamecocks for what they did while they were here, once they enter the NFL, its all about who is better for your team, ill take Sammy Watkins any day right now on the panthers

Ingram was a one year wonder and Gilmore only went that high b/c of his physical abilities, he isnt that good of a CB, he can become one but i think his play has proven his skill wasnt top 10

J Winston plays in ACC, he gonna be a star, actually, alot players on the FSU team will be stars
Old 12-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2406
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

I was one of the guys that wanted Ingram in that draft, but I have no problem admitting Kuechly was a good pick. I didn't foresee him being as good as he is, but I thought it was a decent pick at the time. I still believe Ingram could absolutely shine in a 4-3 system.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #2407
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
understood, and while i appreciate those gamecocks for what they did while they were here, once they enter the NFL, its all about who is better for your team, ill take Sammy Watkins any day right now on the panthers

Ingram was a one year wonder and Gilmore only went that high b/c of his physical abilities, he isnt that good of a CB, he can become one but i think his play has proven his skill wasnt top 10

J Winston plays in ACC, he gonna be a star, actually, alot players on the FSU team will be stars
I would not have any problem with Sammy although I would be fine with Jordan Matthews just as much

Ingram was not a one year wonder really. We have just been loaded at dline for the past several years and and guys got rotated. How many teams would have been able to platoon Clowney his frosh year? Hardly any is the answer.

I agree Winston will be star but I am not sure about many of the others. Playing in a weak conference makes many players seem like world beaters. Just sayin that it's hard to tell for me. The safety look legit for sure though.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #2408
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

And I'm still upset at the Panthers for passing on Jeffery and selecting Sliatolu. I thought it was a bad pick when it happened. The man could end up being a perennial all-pro player, but I thought Jeffery at that spot would have been a fantastic pick, especially given our WR corps at the time.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #2409
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I would not have any problem with Sammy although I would be fine with Jordan Matthews just as much

Ingram was not a one year wonder really. We have just been loaded at dline for the past several years and and guys got rotated. How many teams would have been able to platoon Clowney his frosh year? Hardly any is the answer.

I agree Winston will be star but I am not sure about many of the others. Playing in a weak conference makes many players seem like world beaters. Just sayin that it's hard to tell for me. The safety look legit for sure though.
I'm no scout, but there's only one player that really jumps out at me from FSU's team, and that's Benjamin, the WR.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #2410
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
From the 2012 NFL Draft Thread:
Good read. And hindsight is always 20/20. I don't think anyone saw Luke being the absolute beast he has become. Dude is definitely the leader of this team and I can see him being a Panther his entire career.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #2411
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
And I'm still upset at the Panthers for passing on Jeffery and selecting Sliatolu. I thought it was a bad pick when it happened. The man could end up being a perennial all-pro player, but I thought Jeffery at that spot would have been a fantastic pick, especially given our WR corps at the time.
Yeah.lol I was upset forever that the Panthers did not pick Sidney Rice and then they let Alshon by them as well. smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I'm no scout, but there's only one player that really jumps out at me from FSU's team, and that's Benjamin, the WR.
Good point. He does look like the most upside at wr in college football along with Evans.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #2412
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Good read. And hindsight is always 20/20. I don't think anyone saw Luke being the absolute beast he has become. Dude is definitely the leader of this team and I can see him being a Panther his entire career.
A lot of scouts/ pundits loved the pick.
Looking that thread, Bruce Feldman thought it was a great pick. (Just one example)

#LukeForMod

Old 12-29-2013, 12:48 PM   #2413
uscfreek88
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Yeah.lol I was upset forever that the Panthers did not pick Sidney Rice and then they let Alshon by them as well. smh

Good point. He does look like the most upside at wr in college football along with Evans.

We had rice picked right in front of us, so unfortunately we didn't have a chance to pass him up but we messed up big with Jeffery, I didn't see him being THIS good at being a pro though, this year he looked like he did his sophomore year here and I think Marshall is a good tutor for him

And I think there are 4-5 really good Wrs coming out this year, and I may be forgetting some, but Watkins Evans Benjamin Matthews and SoCal kid all jump out at me, would worry about drafting another SoCal wr but woods is doing pretty well with little at qb up there.....hope we can get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #2414
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

I think that Rutgers kid could be a good pick in the 3rd-4th round.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #2415
cockyfreshman2014
now a junior

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot materialcockyfreshman2014 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Haha. That was a funny read.

Where is Dwight I wonder???
banned. I drove him over the edge in a Cam Newton flame thread last year, he was an idiot
cockyfreshman2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2416
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscfreek88 View Post
We had rice picked right in front of us, so unfortunately we didn't have a chance to pass him up but we messed up big with Jeffery, I didn't see him being THIS good at being a pro though, this year he looked like he did his sophomore year here and I think Marshall is a good tutor for him

And I think there are 4-5 really good Wrs coming out this year, and I may be forgetting some, but Watkins Evans Benjamin Matthews and SoCal kid all jump out at me, would worry about drafting another SoCal wr but woods is doing pretty well with little at qb up there.....hope we can get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember watching Minnesota pick Rice and getting so pissed at them for it. Only the people in the panthers' organization who made the next pick know for sure, but I'm convinced they would have taken Rice if the Vikings hadn't taken him the pick before. Instead, we got stuck with Dwayne Jarrett. facepalm
Old 12-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #2417
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyfreshman2014 View Post
banned. I drove him over the edge in a Cam Newton flame thread last year, he was an idiot
He's back as another name.

You can tell by posting habits.not that difficult.

#LukeForMod

Old 12-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #2418
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Big game guys... Gotta get that W.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #2419
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Rough start.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #2420
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

And of course the defense looks bad to start in the biggest game of the year. We need to get it together quickly.