CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Spurticus
MWard
ertman420
usc90grad
Cunningham wants to (1207)
ESPN article on Clow (863)
Clemson Georgia Game (702)
New Led Zep releases (158)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (157)
Truly Inspiring (156)
2014 garnet and blac (100)
Chick Redefines the (80)
The Bama series (39)
2 tickets for USC vs (12)
SEC Network "Take It
PS4 headset advice
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Spread vs. aTm
Mangus now coaching TEs
The Bama series
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Clemson Georgia Game to b
ESPN article on Clowney -

Old 12-29-2013, 03:09 AM   #81
Kazak
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Kazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudlyKazak is crowing loudly
Default Re: Starting Qb next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb44 View Post
I was at a Gamecock club event the other night and GA was there as he always is. He was going on and on about Nosovitch.
Could you elaborate on this a bit and give us some specifics? What's the word from GA?
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #82
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

I don't understand how anyone can say that this job is Thompson's to lose like he is so much more advanced than any other QB we have. There is still a spring and summer before our first game next year.

Everyone likes to point out Connor Mitch's arm strength, and how Spurrier recruited him, and all this blah blah. And everyone likes to point out Dylan Thompson's performance against Clemson, and how Dylan Thompson has been the back up for 2 years now, and how he was promised to play this year, and blah blah blah. But people forget that Nosovitch was a PARADE All-American.

And PARADE All-American isn't a joke. Most of the top college football players in the country were PARADE All-Americans.

And I'm all for heart-warming stories, but I'd prefer to win. So you put the best QB in for the job, not necessarily always the fan favorite. I love Dylan Thompson and everything he's done for the program, but if he's not the best, then oh well. If he is the best, then great.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #83
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I don't understand how anyone can say that this job is Thompson's to lose like he is so much more advanced than any other QB we have. There is still a spring and summer before our first game next year... but if he's not the best, then oh well. If he is the best, then great.
SOS will play his best QB regardless of what the Monday quarterbacking fans have to say. Recall that early this season some fans were up in arms to have SOS play Dylan over Shaw. Shaw silenced those critics with his performances and in-turn vindicated SOS's QB pedigree. In SOS and Coach Mangus I trust, Go Cocks!!!
CockOla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #84
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

We can only hope that whoever starts does so because they earned the spot and not because they are someone's guy, have put in their time or was all world in HS.

If the oline can run block and a solid running game can be established it will take a lot of heat off the QB position.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #85
gotrice?
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5600
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

My only concern with Dylan is how inconsistent he plays. Half the time he looks like a world beater the other half you're wondering why he made that throw. Getting the majority of the #1 reps may help alleviate that issue but if it doesn't the QB job will be up for grabs. I think it is fair to say with us returning so much on offense all things being equal we go with Thompson but if Noso or Mitch show more consistency Spurrier won't hesitate to start either of them.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #86
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Old 12-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #87
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Don't believe I called anyone stupid.
Never said you did, read back through the thread and you will see someone calling others ignorant. Basically everyone that disagreed with him, didn't matter what their points were, it was just "they don't know what they falling about" and "I wish everyone was smart as me." The post you quoted of mine was simply saying if you are going to do mock other peoples intelligence, use spell check.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #88
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Never said you did, read back through the thread and you will see someone calling others ignorant. Basically everyone that disagreed with him, didn't matter what their points were, it was just "they don't know what they talking about" and "I wish everyone was smart as me." The post you quoted of mine was simply saying if you are going to do mock other peoples intelligence, use spell check.

This post is spot on!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #89
usc91ece
Recruit

Male

usc91ece is learning to peck

Spurrier gave Noso the kiss of death with those comments about being a rb.
usc91ece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #90
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc91ece View Post
I don't understand. How is that a kiss of death?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #91
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc91ece View Post
haven't seen/heard those..? But if so, yea that doesn't necessarily sound good. But I know Mangus loves Noso so that doesn't make sense. I hope we see everybody a lot next year, but hopefully at least in a consistent order.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #92
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Never said you did, read back through the thread and you will see someone calling others ignorant. Basically everyone that disagreed with him, didn't matter what their points were, it was just "they don't know what they falling about" and "I wish everyone was smart as me." The post you quoted of mine was simply saying if you are going to do mock other peoples intelligence, use spell check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post

This post is spot on!
Question. Why cant yall read and comprehend? I posted a great, factual post. And many people mocked it and insulted me. Obviously, those people didnt kno enough about the subject to post a valid response. Or they would have. No one had any "points" they just had insults. The few that posted points, i replied.

The whole use spellcheck is a well known cop out. When you know your beat judt attack their grammar. God forbid anyone make a simple mistke especially when on a cell phone on a mobile site.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #93
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Question. Why cant yall read and comprehend? I posted a great, factual post. And many people mocked it and insulted me. Obviously, those people didnt kno enough about the subject to post a valid response. Or they would have. No one had any "points" they just had insults. The few that posted points, i replied.

The whole use spellcheck is a well known cop out. When you know your beat judt attack their grammar. God forbid anyone make a simple mistke especially when on a cell phone on a mobile site.
Can't spell velocity with swaggga, pantera17, or oceana.

Until you get over you obsession with the velocity BS, no one is going to give your comments any respect. But I suspect you'll get banned again as usual.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 PM   #94
partyguy708
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25346000
partyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Wow yall are some stupid people. Just more causal fans. Sad really. Ive said it once and ill say it again. Cockytalk is not the place to come if you want to actually try and talk football.

Just wish people knew as much as me.
your post made perfect sense, he does have an nfl caliber arm. that does not mean, nor does it follow that he will play in the nfl. frankly, i don't understand what they are confused about. does d. byrd have nfl caliber speed for a wr? yes! does that mean he is megatron, or that he will make it in the nfl? no! keep posting, i for one like these debates.

Enjoys intellectually stimulating conversation.
partyguy708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
haven't seen/heard those..? But if so, yea that doesn't necessarily sound good. But I know Mangus loves Noso so that doesn't make sense. I hope we see everybody a lot next year, but hopefully at least in a consistent order.

He said Noso could maybe be a RB on his show after the Arkansas game when Noso barreled in for our last TD in our blowout of the Razorbacks. I think he meant it tongue in cheek and not serious about him really playing RB.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #96
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyguy708 View Post
your post made perfect sense, he does have an nfl caliber arm. that does not mean, nor does it follow that he will play in the nfl. frankly, i don't understand what they are confused about. does d. byrd have nfl caliber speed for a wr? yes! does that mean he is megatron, or that he will make it in the nfl? no! keep posting, i for one like these debates.

Can we explain what "NFL Caliber Arm" is? I'm REALLY interested in knowing.

We've all seen QB's play in the NFL who struggled to throw 20 yard passes accurately, and we've seen QB's throw 70 yards in the air before. That's a huge range for "NFL Caliber" right there...

By that standard, every college quarterback has an NFL caliber arm.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:59 PM   #97
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:

My post did not call your post dumb or even disagree with anything other than the fact that you thought Todd Ellis had an nfl arm as well or so you insinuated and I questioned that. If you would have read it objectively you would realize that I said Mitch has a far better arm than Ellis. I agree that his arm looks like an NFL arm.

You attacked back as that was all you did to everyone and made inane comments like I wish everyone was as smart as me. Which is childish at best.

Smart and Swag do not go together. Wise up son.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #98
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
My post did not call your post dumb or even disagree with anything other than the fact that you thought Todd Ellis had an nfl arm as well or so you insinuated and I questioned that. If you would have read it objectively you would realize that I said Mitch has a far better arm than Ellis. I agree that his arm looks like an NFL arm.

You attacked back as that was all you did to everyone and made inane comments like I wish everyone was as smart as me. Which is childish at best.

Smart and Swag do not go together. Wise up son.
Actually no. I replied to your post. Idk if you saw it or not. But todd had a great arm. He got hurt and was never the same.

And i do have a big problem with people talking about something thry dobt know enough about. Not talking about you. But i. General.

But at one time ellis had a cannon
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #99
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Can we explain what "NFL Caliber Arm" is? I'm REALLY interested in knowing.

We've all seen QB's play in the NFL who struggled to throw 20 yard passes accurately, and we've seen QB's throw 70 yards in the air before. That's a huge range for "NFL Caliber" right there...

By that standard, every college quarterback has an NFL caliber arm.
If Jon Kitna could play in the NFL for the length of time he did, and won a starting job at one time I think, then arm strength must not be that big of a deal. If Kitna made an NFL team, Shaw can.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:15 PM   #100
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Dylan Thompson. Cant even believe this is a discussion.
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote