CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
4gamecockfb
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
RGHoskins
Acockolypse Now
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2645)
how has more ESPN an (1414)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1004)
Gamecock Legacy recr (739)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
Women's bb - Deshiel (476)
22 ways to annoy peo (369)
$15 home AC (348)
Hope Springs Eternal (270)
Why sports will alwa (234)
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
how has more ESPN anounce
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Joeckel Transfering from
Victor Hampton Arrested
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Hope Springs Eternal
Connor Mitch

Old 12-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #101
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting Qb next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Dylan Thompson. Cant even believe this is a discussion.
Why can you not believe it?
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #102
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Smells like off season thread. So sad
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #103
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbreb94 View Post
Smells like off season thread. So sad
It is, but if this thread isn't locked at some point, I'm willing to bet this thread gets to 100 pages if it's the one that's used for discussion.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:41 PM   #104
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
It is, but if this thread isn't locked at some point, I'm willing to bet this thread gets to 100 pages if it's the one that's used for discussion.

hopefully, this thread will turn into the qb discussion blackhole thread for the next 8-9 months...sucking all other qb discussion threads past its event horizon.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #105
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 5655802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Ideally, you want your senior to go out on a high note and groom the young guys for the 2015 offensive rebuild that will be staring us in the face yet no one wants to talk about it.
Damn! Just when I was feeling pretty good thinking I had above average intelligence for this thread, you have to be a buzz kill!
Old 12-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #106
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
The best case scenario is that Thompson takes the reigns with his experience and never looks back. The backups compete and keep him on his toes. Ideally, you want your senior to go out on a high note and groom the young guys for the 2015 offensive rebuild that will be staring us in the face yet no one wants to talk about it.

If USC has to go with the young guys early next year, the offense is going to be an eye sore as they go through their growing pains which given what we have scheduled to return, would be a big disappointment.

If we have to go with Nosovitch and/or Mitch, hopefully it's in the second half of the season and we don't have much to play for.
IMO, Nosovitch or Mitch would have to absolutely blow Spurrier away in order to start next year. I'm not ruling it out, because we all know how Spurrier is with his QB's. Fifth year senior or not, he's going to play whoever is performing the best. I will say that I don't think the offense will be an eye sore if it isn't Thompson leading it, particularly if they have good springs/summers.

I certainly think that Nosovitch or Mitch have that capability, but I do agree that ideally you want a fifth year QB leading an offense that has the potential to be pretty freaking explosive.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #107
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Wait, I finally get the joke. its a trick question. Connor Shaw is the starting qb next year because our bowls on new year's day. (thats the only way this thread makes any sense before the season is over.)

sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #108
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyguy708 View Post
your post made perfect sense, he does have an nfl caliber arm. that does not mean, nor does it follow that he will play in the nfl. frankly, i don't understand what they are confused about. does d. byrd have nfl caliber speed for a wr? yes! does that mean he is megatron, or that he will make it in the nfl? no! keep posting, i for one like these debates.
No one is "confused" about anything. We disagree, and because we disagree Swaggga feels the need to say we don't know what we're talking about and he wishes everyone else was as smart as he is.

I have a few simple questions for Swaggga and his defenders. The answer to these will maybe help us reach an end to this discussion:

1. Define NFL Ready Arm Strength

2. Who on our team, Quarterbacks and anyone else that throws passes, has it?

As to the original point of this thread, Dylan Thompson will be given the opportunity to play in my opinion.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #109
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
YOU'RE right, I am.

But it's not really that hard to accurately use grammar that was learned in elementary school.
I think you're assuming a lot.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:35 PM   #110
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

I want to know why Perry Orth has been omitted from this discussion. SOS has said numerous times, he's the best of the bunch. Any thread that omits him must be disregarded and started over.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #111
4Runner
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 225
4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous4Runner is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I want to know why Perry Orth has been omitted from this discussion. SOS has said numerous times, he's the best of the bunch. Any thread that omits him must be disregarded and started over.
4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #112
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Good point. All hail the platypus.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #113
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I have a few simple questions for Swaggga and his defenders. The answer to these will maybe help us reach an end to this discussion:
1. Define NFL Ready Arm Strength
2. Who on our team, Quarterbacks and anyone else that throws passes, has it?
I think you know there is no end to this discussion as long as there are people obsessed with only one facet of a typical QB's skill set.

And we both know what is quite obvious....most SEC QBs have enough "arm strength" to play at the next level. In fact we probably have 15-20 guys on our current team with enough arm strength to play in the NFL. You ever see the vids of MI6 throwing? Wanna bet Jadeveon can fire some balls? As posted earlier in this thread: Jamarcus Russell?

What has pissed me off is certain "experts" have used this mythical "arm strength" as some sort of measuring stick by which they used to bash both Connor Shaw all while ignoring how much Connor has played hurt the past 2 seasons.

And I fully expect it to continue until Connor Mitch starts at QB. So for now, the 4th string QB is the most popular player on some fans' team.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #114
gripitandripit2007
Blue Chip

Male

gripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talonsgripitandripit2007 has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via Yahoo to gripitandripit2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Dylan Thompson. Cant even believe this is a discussion.
I agree with this. However I do believe Mitch is our QB of the future and will be one of the best we have ever had as long as he is mentally strong and continues to work hard. As much as Dylan deserves the starting job all season next year I think Mitch will take over as starter but Dylan will still play a lot

WIN ANYWAY!!

gripitandripit2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #115
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Dylan Thompson.
I highly doubt Mitch will even be ready, so forget that dream.

Nosovitch has a shot, but he is going to have to do a lot.

the real competition..Perry Orth (c'mon, we know Spurrier will say at some point in the spring, "That Perry Orth kid, he is doing better than everybody. He knows the plays, knows where the ball is supposed to go. Maybe we will give him a shot."
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #116
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucan'tlickourcocks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo:

Ideally, you want your senior to go out on a high note and groom the young guys for the 2015 offensive rebuild that will be staring us in the face yet no one wants to talk about it.
Damn! Just when I was feeling pretty good thinking I had above average intelligence for this thread, you have to be a buzz kill! Damn! Just when I was feeling pretty good thinking I had above average intelligence for this thread, you have to be a buzz kill!
I am not sure we will have that hard of an offensive rebuild depending on how this next year goes. If we have a backup get some quality time in blowouts or games we should win, with a package designed for them here and there, that would be the biggest hit yes? David Williams, Jabari Smith, and Brandon Wilds (I think) will be ready to take the reins for a great backfield, and the Offensive Line doesn't seem to be taking a step back. The receivers, well, I don't think we're losing anyone we aren't bringing others in to replace by 2015, they will be young for sure but very talented.

What am I missing.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #117
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Whoever wins, whoever wins.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #118
JoeMorrisonLives
4-Star

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Keep embarrassing yourself.

What im saying is true. Its obvious too cause no one knows enough to actually discuss it so they just try and throw insults.
Didn't you wanna bench Shaw?
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #119
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
And we both know what is quite obvious....most SEC QBs have enough "arm strength" to play at the next level. In fact we probably have 15-20 guys on our current team with enough arm strength to play in the NFL. You ever see the vids of MI6 throwing? Wanna bet Jadeveon can fire some balls? As posted earlier in this thread: Jamarcus Russell?
Me and you disagree on a lot of topics, but this is a topic we've pretty much agreed on the entire time I think...

However, JD can't throw...he looks like a girl when he does.

But I agree on all other points...
Old 12-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #120
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I don't care who it is, as long as they can take care of the ball, and manage the offense with an adequate amount of mobility.