CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Thenardier
Latti
ccured
SterlingBrooks
Gyle41386
ucan'tlickourcocks
roosterdude21
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1301)
Stadium Ratings-Site (949)
NBA Wants to Up Age (634)
HELP calculating acr (352)
How Experienced In P (333)
40 Ways You Know You (318)
South Carolina @ Aub (148)
Super-Efficient Ax (147)
Amazing a List of Us (126)
Holly Trees pruning (90)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
Playstation 4
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Where will we be preseaso
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Kelcy and Vic questioned
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Gamecock cheerleader with
South Carolina @ Auburn S

Old 12-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #21
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material
Default Re: PC Gaming Conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioninusc View Post
One of the only games to kill someone. Let me rephrase that one of the only games that someone played for 3 days without getting food, water, or sleep, and then died.
Told you it was a good game

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #22
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 200
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
As far as the strategy genre goes I have played every issue of Civilization.
I began playing Civ III then IV and now V...idk, seems regressive somewhat.

Like many games they're trying to simplify things and also detract from the original depth...

idk.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

I just picked up Rogue Legacy on Steam for 5 bucks. It is a 2d side scrolling type game with SNES graphics but it is one of the most addictive and fun games I have ever played. Very challenging.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #24
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Today's Steam sale: Fallout NV: $2.49. M&M Heroes VI: $7.49. Much more too!

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #25
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

"Now that PCs are back on par with consoles..."

Um, what?

PCs have always been superior to consoles and will continue to be. The biggest drawback to PCs (as has already been stated) is the lack of sports games. You can blame EA for that, not the PC industry.

Also, trying to play any FPS on a console with a controller when you've been using a mouse and keyboard all your life is like trying to write with your left hand with you're right handed. The only console FPS I could ever enjoy was Gears of War.

(I will admit that the only reason I continued to buy a console was to play Madden & NCAA).

I go all the way back to the Zork days from a PC gaming standpoint but some of the first major favorites of mine were:

- Starcraft
- Diablo
- Quake
- Doom
- Unreal

As PC games began to evolve, I continued to be partial to FPS and RTS minded games, staying with the Doom & Quake series and the like. Age of Empires was great too, but I couldn't get into it as much as some others. I was always more fond of Empire Earth and the Command & Conquer series.

The Battlefield series become my absolute favorite once I played 1942 and continue to play Battlefield 4 to this day.

I tried WoW and just couldn't stomach more than 5 minutes of it. Dungeons & Dragons Online was FAR superior to WoW. I think it was the cartoon-ish graphics and no-brainer game play that lured people in to WoW. In DDO you actually had to put thought into your toons and game play.

Any PC gaming discussion cannot be held without mentioning the Half Life series as well. I think Valve changed the landscape of the industry with Half Life 2.

And can't leave out GTA :)

I think the Steam Machine will change the way people think about the "PC vs. Console War" but consoles are always going to win until you have full parity with all games. PC game ports cannot be an "afterthought" with developers (example: GTA 5 will be ported to PC in early 2014). I'm not sure we will ever see Madden return to the PC, unfortunately.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #26
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Bioshock Infinite is $9.99 for the next 8 hours on Steam.

#ModForMod
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #27
sandstorm2001
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
The only console FPS I could ever enjoy was Gears of War.
In other words, "I didn't enjoy any console FPS."
Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 AM   #28
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 46943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

About the only thing I still play is Quake Live (Quake)...played some MMMMOGs such as Evony and Grepolis, but I'm not cut out for those type games: I don't like games that keep on playing my account even after I logged off to go to sleep, go to work, go to eat or go to live my life. I've always been a big FPS type player of games, and Quake is the fastest and hardest FPS of all time to master, so it keeps my competitive juices flowing...
Old 12-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #29
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
About the only thing I still play is Quake Live (Quake)...played some MMMMOGs such as Evony and Grepolis, but I'm not cut out for those type games: I don't like games that keep on playing my account even after I logged off to go to sleep, go to work, go to eat or go to live my life. I've always been a big FPS type player of games, and Quake is the fastest and hardest FPS of all time to master, so it keeps my competitive juices flowing...
I remember all the Quake 3 Arena LAN parties I'd go to back in the day.

Arena style shooters are the best. Cliff Bleszinski left Epic Games and was recently quoted as saying that he's working on a new arena-style shooter, ala Quake 3, UT, etc...

An arena style shooter with today's tech would be amazing.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #30
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

For those of you into WoW, and Mila Kunis, go to youtube and search Mila Kunis WoW.... she is interviewed about it on Jimmy Kimmel. I ****ing love that girl!!!!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #31
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
For those of you into WoW, and Mila Kunis, go to youtube and search Mila Kunis WoW.... she is interviewed about it on Jimmy Kimmel. I ****ing love that girl!!!!
Yeah, lame that she plays it with the guy from Home Alone though.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #32
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
In other words, "I didn't enjoy any console FPS."
exactly. GoW does not qualify as a FPS.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #33
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCremedy View Post
Yeah, lame that she plays it with the guy from Home Alone though.
McCauley Culken? I thought that dude had overdosed or something. Last time I saw a pic of him he looked like skeletor.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #34
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

Why PC Gaming is Surging: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ource=facebook

#ModForMod