CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
Gyle41386
MisterClowney
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #81
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!
 
Spurticus's Avatar
 
Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Columbia (Gaston Area ), SC
Posts: 28,448
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
What if you go the other angle, contact Hardees and say their trophy is a lame excuse for the prize of a rivalry going back this far and they should be embarrassed that it gets outclassed by youth bowling league trophies. If enough people do it, we may find they are willing to do this. Besides, if the schools have an agreement with Hardees maybe they can't get away from it so let's leverage what we have?
An agreement with Hardees is simply another name for a contract with
a Corporation in return for advertisement. Contracts run out, or can be
broken with a payout. If Hardees wants to continue to be associated with
this award, then give them first option to build the sculptures and supply
the Trophy in return for putting their name on it in some part. I would
not necessarily like if we did that, but it's an option to get the trophy
done. If we went that route, I wouldn't want to hear it announced as
"The Hardees, Battle for the Crescent", or something like that, but if
the school's allow corporate sponsorship of the trophy, this is a possibility.
I would much prefer (IF this type of trophy does take legs), to have the
cost of the trophy, display and the advertisement of it, split between
the two schools and Keep it away from outside sponsors. (My Opinion)
Cut ties with Hardees and any other major business that wants to fund
it purely for advertisement. If we want to start a tradition like the Old
Oaken Bucket, the Iron Bowl or the Red River Shootout, then let's make
this between the two schools and a trophy for the state of SC.
__________________
Spurticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #82
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
An agreement with Hardees is simply another name for a contract with
a Corporation in return for advertisement. Contracts run out, or can be
broken with a payout. If Hardees wants to continue to be associated with
this award, then give them first option to build the sculptures and supply
the Trophy in return for putting their name on it in some part. I would
not necessarily like if we did that, but it's an option to get the trophy
done. If we went that route, I wouldn't want to hear it announced as
"The Hardees, Battle for the Crescent", or something like that, but if
the school's allow corporate sponsorship of the trophy, this is a possibility.
I would much prefer (IF this type of trophy does take legs), to have the
cost of the trophy, display and the advertisement of it, split between
the two schools and Keep it away from outside sponsors. (My Opinion)
Cut ties with Hardees and any other major business that wants to fund
it purely for advertisement. If we want to start a tradition like the Old
Oaken Bucket, the Iron Bowl or the Red River Shootout, then let's make
this between the two schools and a trophy for the state of SC.
I would agree, just doesn't seem the schools are running with the idea. I would like to see a decent trophy at least, or have the state make some state historic artifact become the trophy. The current trophy is embarrassing.
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #83
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
An agreement with Hardees is simply another name for a contract with
a Corporation in return for advertisement. Contracts run out, or can be
broken with a payout. If Hardees wants to continue to be associated with
this award, then give them first option to build the sculptures and supply
the Trophy in return for putting their name on it in some part. I would
not necessarily like if we did that, but it's an option to get the trophy
done. If we went that route, I wouldn't want to hear it announced as
"The Hardees, Battle for the Crescent", or something like that, but if
the school's allow corporate sponsorship of the trophy, this is a possibility.
I would much prefer (IF this type of trophy does take legs), to have the
cost of the trophy, display and the advertisement of it, split between
the two schools and Keep it away from outside sponsors. (My Opinion)
Cut ties with Hardees and any other major business that wants to fund
it purely for advertisement. If we want to start a tradition like the Old
Oaken Bucket, the Iron Bowl or the Red River Shootout, then let's make
this between the two schools and a trophy for the state of SC.
It's the teams that make the game relevant, not a gimmicky name or trophy presentation. I do agree the Hardees trophy is awful- I'd love to see a trophy with some association to our great state. This whole proposal just seems like we are trying too hard to force appeal, where the appeal should driven by the product on the field. If we see a lot more top 10 matchups between SC/ Clem I promise you people will pay attention and we will be mentioned in the same class as the top rivalries regardless of our trophy/nickname..
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #84
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Been out of touch with this thread for a while. I just read through some
of the responses and my first thought of a response is:

I can't believe some of the negative comments made here. !?!?
This is the first REAL attempt to get away from the trophy that NO ONE
IN THE COUNTRY knows anything about outside the state, and even most
of the state has no idea about where, how and when the current trophy
came in to being.
The majority of those that do, see it as simply an
advertisement attached to a trinket. Another form of corporate sponsorship
attached to a game that means a lot to the state of SC, and to a growing
number of college football fans outside the state. There have been a lot of
other "IDEAS" about changing the trophy and making it something that
can start a tradition, and there has been even more internet "DECUSSION"
and "DEBATE" about what the trophy needs to be, but so far 99.99% of
the fans only want to talk about it, rather than starting or getting behind
a movement to actually change it !
I guess it's easier to find fault with someone who actually DOES attempt
to start a tradition that incorporates both schools and the State into a
meaningful trophy for THE GAME, rather than get off your asses and actually
start a movement to change it, or group with someone to change it.

This trophy draft / idea may fall flat in the effort to start a Carolina vs
Clemson game traditional trophy that includes the State of SC in it's
design rather than a national fast food chain's name and menu item, but
at least it's a legitimate effort by an individual or group of individuals to
change something right now that means little more than a small ad on
the turns outside the stadium. It's easier to call this an art class project
with no chance of success, than to actually get busy on putting forth
a design and idea somewhere other than an internet fansite and no
further than a paragraph in a thread.

The name can be changed, or the trophy design concept can be changed
but at least a movement has been presented at some level with a solid
concept of incorporating both schools and the state into a trophy that
has some connections with SC, and not a fast foot chain. I'm still hoping
this gains a lot more momentum, and turns out to be the foundation of
OR the actual future trophy for THE GAME, because if we wait for the fans
who want to belittle any real attempt to get a tradition started, to actually
be the ones to start the change themselves, then our Great, Great
Grandchildren will still be the small group of people inside the State
of SC who can't figure out what "The Hardees Trophy" actually stands for
in connection with one of the oldest and most storied rivalries in the country.
Open challenge to anyone on CockyTalk: Name the trophy for the Iron Bowl without using google...
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #85
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Open challenge to anyone on CockyTalk: Name the trophy for the Iron Bowl without using google...
I am not sure, I do know several like the battle of the boot, the little brown jug, etc. I know of none with a corporate tie. The Iron Bowl itself is very well known, do national outlets call ours the Palmetto Bowl?
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #86
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I am not sure, I do know several like the battle of the boot, the little brown jug, etc. I know of none with a corporate tie. The Iron Bowl itself is very well known, do national outlets call ours the Palmetto Bowl?
The section I quoted and was referring to was about the trophy. The fact is no one knows any of the rivalries trophies or their histories outside of the respective fanbases. It isn't specific to USC/clemson
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #87
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER
 
GamecockUltimate's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Club Fields
Posts: 4,874
CockyCash: 219000
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Been out of touch with this thread for a while. I just read through some
of the responses and my first thought of a response is:

I can't believe some of the negative comments made here. !?!?
This is the first REAL attempt to get away from the trophy that NO ONE
IN THE COUNTRY knows anything about outside the state, and even most
of the state has no idea about where, how and when the current trophy
came in to being. The majority of those that do, see it as simply an
advertisement attached to a trinket. Another form of corporate sponsorship
attached to a game that means a lot to the state of SC, and to a growing
number of college football fans outside the state. There have been a lot of
other "IDEAS" about changing the trophy and making it something that
can start a tradition, and there has been even more internet "DECUSSION"
and "DEBATE" about what the trophy needs to be, but so far 99.99% of
the fans only want to talk about it, rather than starting or getting behind
a movement to actually change it !
I guess it's easier to find fault with someone who actually DOES attempt
to start a tradition that incorporates both schools and the State into a
meaningful trophy for THE GAME, rather than get off your asses and actually
start a movement to change it, or group with someone to change it.

This trophy draft / idea may fall flat in the effort to start a Carolina vs
Clemson game traditional trophy that includes the State of SC in it's
design rather than a national fast food chain's name and menu item, but
at least it's a legitimate effort by an individual or group of individuals to
change something right now that means little more than a small ad on
the turns outside the stadium. It's easier to call this an art class project
with no chance of success, than to actually get busy on putting forth
a design and idea somewhere other than an internet fansite and no
further than a paragraph in a thread.

The name can be changed, or the trophy design concept can be changed
but at least a movement has been presented at some level with a solid
concept of incorporating both schools and the state into a trophy that
has some connections with SC, and not a fast foot chain. I'm still hoping
this gains a lot more momentum, and turns out to be the foundation of
OR the actual future trophy for THE GAME, because if we wait for the fans
who want to belittle any real attempt to get a tradition started, to actually
be the ones to start the change themselves, then our Great, Great
Grandchildren will still be the small group of people inside the State
of SC who can't figure out what "The Hardees Trophy" actually stands for
in connection with one of the oldest and most storied rivalries in the country.
Yeah so our grandchildren will think there is a crescent moon on our flag...
__________________

for willy
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #88
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Yeah so our grandchildren will think there is a crescent moon on our flag...
Actually, the guy who put this idea into effect doesn't specify it as a moon I think. He calls it a crescent. Whether you think its a gorget, or a moon, or the sign of a second son, it is a crescent shape.
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #89
robgusc76
1st Team All-American
 
robgusc76's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 12,708
CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Open challenge to anyone on CockyTalk: Name the trophy for the Iron Bowl without using google...
Its not about the trophy, or the name of the trophy, its about the rivalry having a name that is remembered. No one cares about the trophy for the Bama Auburn game, but what is known, and its college football legend, is the name. You say Iron Bowl, everyone knows what you're talking about. You say Egg Bowl, everyone knows what you're talking about. Same with the Red River Rivalry, and the Civil War.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #90
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Its not about the trophy, or the name of the trophy, its about the rivalry having a name that is remembered. No one cares about the trophy for the Bama Auburn game, but what is known, and its college football legend, is the name. You say Iron Bowl, everyone knows what you're talking about. You say Egg Bowl, everyone knows what you're talking about. Same with the Red River Rivalry, and the Civil War.
The poster who I quoted and was responding to obviously cared. What's the nickname for Ohio State/Michigan again? Florida/Florida State? Notre Dame/USC? Alabama/lsu?
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #91
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
The poster who I quoted and was responding to obviously cared. What's the nickname for Ohio State/Michigan again? Florida/Florida State? Notre Dame/USC? Alabama/lsu?
"The Game", for OSU/ Michigan. SoCal/ND does have a trophy as well that dates back to the 50s.
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:26 PM   #92
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
"The Game", for OSU/ Michigan. SoCal/ND does have a trophy as well that dates back to the 50s.
I have NEVER heard of "the game"....
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #93
robgusc76
1st Team All-American
 
robgusc76's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 12,708
CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
The poster who I quoted and was responding to obviously cared. What's the nickname for Ohio State/Michigan again? Florida/Florida State? Notre Dame/USC? Alabama/lsu?
None of those have a name except for Ohio State and Michigan.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #94
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
I have NEVER heard of "the game"....
Doesn't mean it isn't known as that.

Not sure what the push back is of having a decent name/trophy for a game you play every year and is one of the oldest in the country.
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #95
roosterdude21
Two Deep
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Meh
Posts: 1,214
CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

So the proposal for Big Saturday is out I assume. A spin off of Big Thursday
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 PM   #96
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Doesn't mean it isn't known as that.

Not sure what the push back is of having a decent name/trophy for a game you play every year and is one of the oldest in the country.
It comes across as a forced tradition to help us break into the upper echelon of rivalry games where the focus should be on the quality of the on-field product. Au/bama and the rest of big names aren't talked about nationally because they have a catchy nickname or flash trophy, it's because it's an annual battle of elite teams whose tradition isn't a ceremony it's in their achievements.

If sc and Clemson keep winning and meeting in top 10 showdowns with now playoff implications, we will be right up there with the other rivalries.
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #97
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC
 
trapper82's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 3,766
CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
It comes across as a forced tradition to help us break into the upper echelon of rivalry games where the focus should be on the quality of the on-field product. Au/bama and the rest of big names aren't talked about nationally because they have a catchy nickname or flash trophy, it's because it's an annual battle of elite teams whose tradition isn't a ceremony it's in their achievements.

If sc and Clemson keep winning and meeting in top 10 showdowns with now playoff implications, we will be right up there with the other rivalries.
And we will keep swapping the Hardees trophy as the prize. Seriously, upgrade it or get rid of it. If anyone should be for that it should be you if you believe what you typed. Nothing cheapens a game like a trophy that belongs to your youth bowling league runners up.
__________________
You can't spell EXCUSE without the "CU."
trapper82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #98
50ktight
4-Star
 
50ktight's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: columbia
Posts: 362
CockyCash: 200
50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in50ktight has feathers coming in
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
And we will keep swapping the Hardees trophy as the prize. Seriously, upgrade it or get rid of it. If anyone should be for that it should be you if you believe what you typed. Nothing cheapens a game like a trophy that belongs to your youth bowling league runners up.
If you read my earlier posts on the matter you'll see I don't disagree; id like to see some connection to our state. The real trophy I want is made of crustal ;)
50ktight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #99
b381l
Heisman Candidate
 
b381l's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 19,854
CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

The Carolina-Clemson game is the nations oldest continuing in state rivalry
at 105 consecutive games starting since 1909......total 111 games.

The name of the game should be "Carolina-Clemson" nothing else. If in the unlikely event that Clemson wins the name the next year, the name should be "Clemson-Carolina".

Call the trophy the Palmetto Trophy.....nothing else.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #100
tdevildog1986
4-Star
 
tdevildog1986's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Beech Island
Posts: 322
CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb
Default Re: New rivalry proposal; "Clash of the Crescent"

Still, you're saying we swap a trophy.. Whats the difference ? Well, beside it being unique and all, which you are OBVIOUSLY against. Crescent, trophy, Palmetto Trophy, hood ornament, whichever you want to call it. This isn't to grab national attention. It's for both universities, and their fan bases.
tdevildog1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development