CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
ReadR00ster
markp_vip
snruter amabon
sporkgod50
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Spurticus
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (690)
Hope Springs Eternal (628)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Byron the bunny...fe (439)
The #AskEmmert Q& (361)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (313)
Shameless self promo (239)
One thing I was glad (120)
Peach Bowl name retu (26)
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #12981
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Shrine Bowl replay ESPNU now

28 on the nc team looked good. wish they'd have let joe blue run the ball a little more
Old 12-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #12982
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

losing the ol coach is huge. Na'ty and coach Elliot and all the other coaches need to get this big guy in the garnet and black. When does he make his decision>?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #12983
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Rashaan Evans

Quote:
Four-star linebacker Rashaan Evans (Auburn, Ala./Auburn) was one of the most impressive-looking linebackers during individual drills. The No. 84-ranked player in the country continues to have four schools at the top of his list.

"I still have four schools -- Auburn, Georgia, Alabama and UCLA -- on top,” Evans said. “Those four schools, they are pretty even. I’m going to take this whole thing slow and pretty much I’m going to take it out to signing day.”

Evans already took an official visit to UCLA in September and is planning to take two other visits in January.

"I’ll take either Bama or Auburn on Jan. 17,” he said, "and then on the 24th maybe Georgia."

As a native of Auburn, Ala., Evans admits he feels constant pressure to stay at home.

"It’s pretty bad,” Evans said. "Most of the time my day consists of Auburn people telling me, ‘Hey, don’t go to Bama, go to Auburn.’ It’s pretty bad, because most of the people I’m around are Auburn alumni. So I hear about Auburn each and every day. So when I go on visits, everybody knows about it and they always shoot me messages about Auburn.

"I feel like I would disappoint people if I did go somewhere other than Auburn. I’m in Auburn, I love Auburn, I’ve lived in Auburn all my life. I have family at Auburn. Most of my family has graduated from Auburn. People would be curious as to why I would want to leave Auburn, but at the end of the day, I have to do what’s best for me."
Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruitin...st-impressions

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #12984
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Dontavius Russell

Committed to Auburn.

Article via Rivals

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem

Last edited by CoverTwo; 12-30-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #12985
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Did I mention his grandparents are coming with him for his OV to Columbia....I think it's the first time that's happened with him.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16 PM   #12986
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Devante "Speedy" Noil

Quote:
Even though he played mostly quarterback in high school, Noil picked up right where he has left off at any camp setting, displaying electric agility and the ability to consistently move in and out of crisp routes. Working almost exclusively at outside wide receiver, Noil has done nothing to tarnish his reputation as the consensus No. 1 receiver in the 2014 class so far. Natural playmaking instincts make Noil a scheme-versatile wideout.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/2014-Un...rst-day-168418

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #12987
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Tony Brown

Quote:
Brown looks like the new age prototype at cornerback, and on Sunday he showed elite cover corner ability that could put him in the discussion for top overall cornerback in the 2014 class. He was in receivers’ hip pocket throughout one-on-one’s and pass skeleton, and shut down virtually all intermediate routes, breaking up several passes. Brown was not tested deep too much though.
Link: http://247sports.com/Article/2014-Un...rst-day-168418

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #12988
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
No, it's NOT the same. Maryland is a bad football program in a basketball conference. It doesn't have a Spurrier to keep the players home. Before Holtz and most the of time during, we couldn't keep the best players in our state, so how do they do it? Because that is basically what they are or worse.
We sucked under Spurrier till those guys enrolled. Maryland is pulling the same card we did to the 09 class...come in and turn the home state university into a winner...so yea it is the same thing
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 12-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #12989
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford - Louisville

Quote:
At the Shrine Bowl earlier this month DL Poona Ford of Hilton Head said USC had re-entered the picture with him, and despite his commitment to Louisville, he was giving the Gamecocks renewed consideration. A couple of weeks later, that situation has not changed. “I might set up an official visit with USC,” Ford said. “It depends on how my official visit with Louisville goes.” Ford said he’s continuing to get a strong push from the Gamecocks. “I talk to coach Sands pretty much every day,” he said. “He’s been asking when I’m going to take my visit. I like Louisville but South Carolina is my hometown team. Everything is based off my visit to Louisville. At the Shrine Bowl, I was chilling with some of the South Carolina commitments (Shaq Davidson, Kevin Crosby Jr.) and we kind of bonded. But as of right now, I’m committed to Louisville.” And a third school in the mix, according to Ford, is Missouri. He’ll make the final call on Signing Day.

Link:
http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ine-next-move/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #12990
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Kwamelle Barnes

Quote:
DL Kwamelle Barnes of Saluda will play in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Orlando next weekend. SC State is his sole offer but Barnes wants to see if next week’s game will draw more interest. “A lot of coaches evaluate players in that game and wait until after (the game) to make an offer,” Barnes said. “I just want to see what happens.” Barnes has visited SC State and likes the school and plans to visit again. He says that he wants to wait to see if he will have other options. NC State continues to show interest in Barnes but he is unsure if that will produce an offer. “They keep sending me a lot of mail,’ Barnes said. As for the Bulldogs, Barnes said, “I haven’t talked to SC State in about a month. They just told me to keep working on my grades and they would be there to help me.” Though Barnes did not indicate a favorite, he has strong interest in SC State.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...ine-next-move/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #12991
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Arthur Williams - Florida State

Quote:
The only thing standing between DL Arthur Williams of Fayetteville, NC and an offer from USC is a positive review of his transcripts by the Gamecocks. That’s the word Williams got Thursday from Gamecock recruiter Joe Robinson. “He said he wants to get me down to campus and go over the transcripts and hopefully I’ll have a scholarship,” Williams said. “My transcripts look decent.” Williams is a Florida State commitment, calling the pledge “pretty strong,” and said an offer from USC would put them #2 on his list. He plans to visit USC in January but the date hasn’t been set. He will go to Florida State January 17th and he also plans to visit Miami. Williams played in the Shrine Bowl and had 104 tackles and 6 sacks on the season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...t-a-usc-offer/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #12992
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Derrick Kelly, Jr.

Quote:
OL Derrick Kelly, Jr. of Havana, FL is getting a strong push from USC and plans to take an official visit to Columbia. Kelly has four remaining visits after his official trip to Florida recently. Though he has not set the date for the USC visit, it could be January 17th. Kelly has scheduled his LSU trip for January 25th. “I am looking for a school with a good program and strong academics,” Kelly said. “I am very interested in South Carolina and the legendary coach, Steve Spurrier.” Originally, Kelly had committed to Kentucky but did not mention the Wildcats as a possible destination. Other schools showing strong interest are Florida, Florida State and South Florida. “I plan on taking all of my official visits,” he said. “I don’t know where I’ll go for the other two.” Kelly does not have any favorites and did not indicate a decision date.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...to-get-to-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #12993
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Default Re: 2014 - Zeek Rodney

Quote:
DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe took his first official visit to Charlotte and has two more lined up for January. His first trip was a good one. “I really liked it,” Rodney said of Charlotte. “I liked the facilities and the surrounding area…stuff like that.” His next scheduled visit will be to Syracuse on January 17th. He heads to Wake Forest the following week. “I don’t really have any favorites,” he said. “I want to see the schools first.” Other schools showing interest are Boston College, Ball State and Marshall. There is a possibility he could visit one or all of these schools. “I just got back from The Shrine Bowl and I’m getting ready for a basketball game, so I haven’t really thought about it,” he admitted. Rodney plans to make a decision the week following his final visit.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...to-get-to-usc/

Drink Cocktane!

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 12-31-2013, 12:36 AM   #12994
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Zeek Rodney

Kids a great player, but a little undersized for the SEC. He'll dominate at a school like Charlotte.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #12995
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrick Kelly, Jr.

Looks like we're really serious about picking up one more quality OL
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #12996
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Kid would do himself a disservice to not at least see USC on an official visit. Louisville is obviously going to try to lock him down on his OV there, hope Poona follows through and visits.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #12997
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

"South Carolina is my hometown team"

aka "I want to be a Gamecock"
Old 12-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #12998
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Did I mention his grandparents are coming with him for his OV to Columbia....I think it's the first time that's happened with him.
Yeah, about that. Are they his guardians? Why wouldn't his parents make the trip too?
Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #12999
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
losing the ol coach is huge. Na'ty and coach Elliot and all the other coaches need to get this big guy in the garnet and black. When does he make his decision>?
He visits us the 17th of Jan, then Florida and Miami I think. He is going to signing day most likely.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:36 AM   #13000
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan View Post
CoverTwo has mentioned that Stallworth may be tough to hang on to
That's probably because he is in Alabama and he hears all the rumors there.
Closed Thread