CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
ccured
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NJGCfan
robgusc76
sporkgod50
Spurrier_Superior_On
JAYBEZ
rdwylie
Mangus now coaching (1430)
Can Tennessee get to (1032)
2 Crazy things (626)
Chick Redefines the (598)
Spread vs. aTm (551)
ESPN Article on HBC (550)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (525)
Lindy's top 100 for (490)
The Bama series (398)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta (317)
Connor Shaw: Atlanta, Cle
2015 - Kaleb Kim
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
Bama starting pitcher sus
The Bama series
ESPN Article on HBC on on
Spread vs. aTm
Clowney's NFL Draft Promo
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Lindy's top 100 for 2010

Old 08-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #341
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 58943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tanner McEvoy Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
All I am is a poster on a message board relaying news that I have read about. I trust that the coaching staff to be the ones to know whether the punishment fits the crime or the lack of punishment fits the lack of crime.

No need to shoot the messenger, just trust the coaches that they know what they are doing.
I quoted your post and responded to it, but I wasn't intending my opinion to be directed at you personally...It was directed at the news you posted. I apologize if I offended you, and please keep posting relevant Gamecock news here that you may find....

my best take is that Spurrier is essentially looking at this as a simple speeding ticket....despite the 0 tolerance laws of NC, and that McEvoy violated that/those laws, technically McEvoy was not under the influence of alcohol, as they tested him and he fell way below the minimum. I guess USC student-athletes do not get punished for run-of-the-mill traffic tickets, although technically that's NOT all that it was.

At least that's the best I can figure out...I could be wrong....
Old 08-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #342
purebredcock
Show Me.

Male

CockyCash: 200
purebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talonspurebredcock has developed his gaff and talons
Send a message via AIM to purebredcock

Shouda just suspended him. Not like he'll play anyway.
#1 debbie downer
purebredcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #343
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

It is being treated as it should, a traffic ticket that would not have been issued in most places. There will pro'lly be some step running involved too. For the record, I do not give a rat's anus what your tater buddies post about it.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #344
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material

Had a friend tell me last night that this makes Clemson a better place than Carolina because it goes a long with the family atmosphere. He said its the difference between Carolina and Clemson and Spurrier and Dabo. It's really sad how arrogant they are and how they think they are God's gift to college football.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #345
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

If Tanner didn't break the law in SC, then he didn't break the law. It was a BS ticket, not much different than the guy, a few years ago, who got caned for spitting on the sidewalk in Singapore, or whereever it was. He probably doesn't know half the laws in SC, much less NC, a foreign state. Anyways, the majority of Americans don't know half the laws, so cut the poor kid some slack .... besides ....

wait for it ....

y'all's favorite excuse .....

All college kids drink, according to y'all.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #346
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
It is being treated as it should, a traffic ticket that would not have been issued in most places. There will pro'lly be some step running involved too.
For the record, I do not give a rat's anus what your tater buddies post about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglegolf018 View Post
Had a friend tell me last night that this makes Clemson a better place than Carolina because it goes a long with the family atmosphere. He said its the difference between Carolina and Clemson and Spurrier and Dabo. It's really sad how arrogant they are and how they think they are God's gift to college football.
See above...take it smack.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #347
LibertarianCock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
LibertarianCock has hatched from the shell

If you can go to war and kill someone you have the right to drink a beer... period... end of discussion.

LibertarianCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #348
GarnetGoggles08
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001000
GarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPitGarnetGoggles08 rules the CockPit

People just want a suspension so they can use that to argue with Clemson fans lol. Grow up.
GarnetGoggles08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #349
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebredcock View Post
Shouda just suspended him. Not like he'll play anyway.
This.

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #350
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGoggles08 View Post
People just want a suspension so they can use that to argue with Clemson fans lol. Grow up.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #351
I Bleed Garnet
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetGoggles08 View Post
It's a rivalry!!!!! You grow up!!!!!

#LukeForMod
2010 Football SEC East Champs
2009 Basketball SEC East Co-Champs

"9 out of 10 schools cheat, and the 10th is in last place"-Jerry Tarkanian
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #352
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

I completely forgot that Tanner Mcevoy is playing for Wisconsin. Currently their safety.

SIAP

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #353
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

This thread just hurt my head.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #354
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Yep, I have seen him get lots of game action. Hasn't looked half bad.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #355
zbadger
Walk On

Male

zbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervouszbadger is making other chickens nervous

Tanner is quite the athlete for sure. He has shown a lot of range at safety. However, he hasn't really displayed great defensive instincts and he got burned once or twice in the penn state game. Basically he's been relying on speed to make up for lack of experience at position. He's good in CF role when situation calls for it. Later in the year has been brought up to the line a few times and has showed no fear for putting his pads into a player, so that's a good sign for him too I guess.
zbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #356
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyATO View Post
I completely forgot that Tanner Mcevoy is playing for Wisconsin. Currently their safety.

SIAP
Old 12-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #357
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #358
SouthCGC
Blue Chip

Male

SouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervousSouthCGC is making other chickens nervous

Wow whoever started this thread is a professional troll. That article is from 2012. And McEvoy plays for Wisconson now anyway.

Oh wait it was started in 2012.....LOL....I guess people(including myself) are starting to get excited about this game....damn
SouthCGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #359
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Yeah, wasn't trying to troll, just trying to connect the dots of the matchup. I'm pumped for the game

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #360
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 9505802
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

This thread may be the only thread which has ever wanted to make my head explode in consecutive years!