CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 12-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #181
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: Coaching Carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Can't see Bobo going to a school where they've had an option-based system for over 15 years. Doesn't fit.
I suppose he would change that if he takes the job. Sounds like he has already interviewed. I'm wondering if it's a done deal, just waiting til the bowl game is over to make it official.

Georgia Southern: Sources tell us Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo has interviewed for the head job at Georgia Southern.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

-------------------

Houston Texans: Mort is reporting that a deal between the Texans and Bill O'Brien is imminent and should be done within the next 24 hours. @RapSheet adds that the team will not interview Ken Whisenhunt now that the Chargers are in the playoffs.

Florida State: Jimbo Fisher has signed a 5-year / $20.5 million contract, according to Warchant.com.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 12m Jimbo Fisher's new deal is not expected to include increased buyout. Buyout not a factor for Texas anyway.

Last edited by Travelin; 12-31-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #182
LegalCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1500
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I suppose he would change that if he takes the job. Sounds like he has already interviewed. I'm wondering if it's a done deal, just waiting til the bowl game is over to make it official.

Georgia Southern: Sources tell us Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo has interviewed for the head job at Georgia Southern.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

-------------------

Houston Texans: Mort is reporting that a deal between the Texans and Bill O'Brien is imminent and should be done within the next 24 hours. @RapSheet adds that the team will not interview Ken Whisenhunt now that the Chargers are in the playoffs.

Florida State: Jimbo Fisher has signed a 5-year / $20.5 million contract, according to Warchant.com.

Joe Schad ‏@schadjoe 12m Jimbo Fisher's new deal is not expected to include increased buyout. Buyout not a factor for Texas anyway.
Doh! Hackenberg and our old strength coordinator got BOB'd. Peace out!
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:56 PM   #183
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Washington Redskins: According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott is scheduled to interview with the Redskins in Charlotte this weekend.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #184
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Texas: Chip Brown of OrangeBloods.com reports that Louisville head coach Charlie Strong is interviewing today for the head coaching job at Texas. Texas has already interviewed James Franklin, according to Chip Brown. A source tells CoachingSearch that Texas also has interest in UCLA head coach Jim Mora.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #185
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I love how dishonest coaches are...Strong said he wasnt going anywhere, now he is interviewing?

All coaches say how much they love their current employer than turn around and interview else where. I guess its really no different than corporate world...haha
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #186
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
I love how dishonest coaches are...Strong said he wasnt going anywhere, now he is interviewing?

All coaches say how much they love their current employer than turn around and interview else where. I guess its really no different than corporate world...haha
Would you expect anything less with so many millions at stake?
Old 01-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #187
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Houston Texans: According to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen, Bill O'Brien has reached an agreement to become the head coach of the Texans.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #188
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Houston Texans: According to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen, Bill O'Brien has reached an agreement to become the head coach of the Texans.
I would think Penn State would make a strong play for James Franklin if Texas doesn't take him

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #189
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Texas hasn't given up on Fisher or Saban.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #190
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

cocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPitcocknblue rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Texas hasn't given up on Fisher or Saban.
de∑lu∑sion (noun)
an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

ďOf course, itís a bit of a jump, isnít it? I mean, erÖ chartered accountancy to lion taming in one go. You donít think it might be better if you worked your way towards lion taming, say via banking or insurance?"
cocknblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #191
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
I would think Penn State would make a strong play for James Franklin if Texas doesn't take him
I'm thinking Franklin to PSU.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #192
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

“As far as interest in the NFL, if we’re just being honest, which I like to be, the thing that would interest me would be our style of play at that level, That’s the only thing that would attract anybody, I think, in a position that I’m in, would be the style of play. I like how we play from a philosophical, schematic standpoint. I know the rules are different [such as] the limitations on the number of people available in a game. To me, that works to an advantage. If they have 46 guys available, there’s going to be a few of them getting tired on one side of the ball. That would be the only thing that would spark my interest a little bit on that end. But it’s not something I would pursue.”

-Art Briles
Old 01-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #193
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Translation: "please hire me" - Art Briles
Old 01-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #194
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cleveland Browns: According to CBS sports reporter Jason La Canfora, the Browns want to interview Gus Malzahn and James Franklin and are expected to hire Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator
Old 01-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #195
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Tampa Bay Bucs: According to Jay Glazer, Lovie Smith has accepted the head coaching job with the Tampa Bay Bucs.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #196
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #197
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

This is great. Even with the steep buyout amounts no one is off limits. Texas is walking around with their balls out
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #198
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Tampa Bay Bucs: According to Jay Glazer, Lovie Smith has accepted the head coaching job with the Tampa Bay Bucs.
Good for him. Chicago should not haven't him go.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #199
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Tampa Bay Bucs: According to Jay Glazer, Lovie Smith has accepted the head coaching job with the Tampa Bay Bucs. The two sides are finalizing a contract tonight. John Clayton reports Jeff Tedford will be offensive coordinator and Rod Marinelli will be defensive coordinator. It will be interesting to see if Lane Kiffin ends up on the staff. Ike Hilliard, who was relieved of his duties as wide receivers coach with the Bills earlier this week, is a former Tampa Bay wide receiver who will likely pursue a position on Lovie's staff.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #200
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I could see Golden or Franklin to PSU
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote