CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CoverTwo
Singaporecock
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
usc1
2000grad
markp_vip
jrussjr
G&B
SCohioBoy
Group wants Clemson, (982)
Hillsborough (479)
Larenz Bryant update (459)
2015 - Chris Clark (425)
No.1 for 2016 has Ga (343)
UK's Whitlow to tran (269)
Bamberg High School (233)
GTA V online (224)
Its April 15th and i (173)
Joeckel Transfering (166)
A'ja Wilson
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Larenz Bryant update?
Kelcy and Vic questioned
response from charter abo
GTA V online
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Joeckel Transfering from

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 08:37 AM   #13001
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Damian Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Yeah, about that. Are they his guardians? Why wouldn't his parents make the trip too?
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1515186

An article with a little insight to his family situation.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #13002
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtWarlick View Post
We sucked under Spurrier till those guys enrolled. Maryland is pulling the same card we did to the 09 class...come in and turn the home state university into a winner...so yea it is the same thing
I wouldn't go so far as saying sucked but its a relative term. It just seems sucky compared to the last three years. Now I could say the terps have been pretty sucky though. Playing in the ACC and struggling to making a bowl game is sucky.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #13003
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

It doesn't matter how bad a team is, the pull of playing for your home state team is always incredibly tough to beat. I agree with people saying Maryland won't compete in the Big Ten anytime soon, while we're already competitive and this close (puts index finger and thumb half inch apart) to winning an SEC title.

Basically, it could come down to this: play for your home state team in front of your friends and family in a place you've been your whole life, but perhaps never win, or play away from your friends and family for a team that you know is going to win, for a coach who is going to be here a few more years, who is a hall of fame coach, in front of 80,000+ nearly every week.

Last edited by garnet_black215; 12-31-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #13004
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Off all the kids left on our board, this is the kid I would LOVE to get.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #13005
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2014 - Kevin Bronson

was wondering if this guy is still a possibility. think he's visiting the 17th
Old 12-31-2013, 03:29 PM   #13006
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Va Tech leads. Doubt we push for him.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #13007
MountainCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200500
MountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot materialMountainCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
You're in New Zealand....is it true there aren't any snakes in New Zealand. I've always heard that.
I've heard the same thing. And, Ireland.

Q. Are there any snakes in New Zealand?
"Yes and no. New Zealand has no terrestrial (land) snakes either native or introduced. However due to New Zealand’s sub tropical climate it is visited irregularly by two species of sea snake. The yellow-bellied sea snake, Pelamis platurus, (the most widely distributed of all sea snakes) is an infrequent visitor to our shores with more than 35 sightings around New Zealand shores since 1930. An even more unusual visitor is the banded sea krait, Laticauda colubrina. The banded sea krait is distributed from India and South-east Asia through New Guinea, Australia and the Pacific Islands. Both species of snakes are highly venomous but, due to their size, are highly unlikely to be able to penetrate human skin."

http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/collec...tory-questions

"While it's true that aside from zoos and pets there are no snakes on the emerald isle, in fact, there never were any snakes in Ireland. Contrary to legend, however, this has more to do with geography than feats of St. Patrick."

http://www.rte.ie/tv/scope/SCOPE4_show03_snakes.html
Old 12-31-2013, 06:29 PM   #13008
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 - Derrick Kelly, Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Looks like we're really serious about picking up one more quality OL
Yep. I guess he is our back up plan for Prince?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:05 PM   #13009
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainCock View Post
I've heard the same thing. And, Ireland.

Q. Are there any snakes in New Zealand?
"Yes and no. New Zealand has no terrestrial (land) snakes either native or introduced. However due to New Zealand’s sub tropical climate it is visited irregularly by two species of sea snake. The yellow-bellied sea snake, Pelamis platurus, (the most widely distributed of all sea snakes) is an infrequent visitor to our shores with more than 35 sightings around New Zealand shores since 1930. An even more unusual visitor is the banded sea krait, Laticauda colubrina. The banded sea krait is distributed from India and South-east Asia through New Guinea, Australia and the Pacific Islands. Both species of snakes are highly venomous but, due to their size, are highly unlikely to be able to penetrate human skin."

http://www.aucklandmuseum.com/collec...tory-questions

"While it's true that aside from zoos and pets there are no snakes on the emerald isle, in fact, there never were any snakes in Ireland. Contrary to legend, however, this has more to do with geography than feats of St. Patrick."

http://www.rte.ie/tv/scope/SCOPE4_show03_snakes.html
Thanks MC. Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #13010
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...sp?CID=1515186

An article with a little insight to his family situation.
Thanks ETG. After reading this, I seriously doubt Prince picks us. He's way to close to his family. The things he's been through, I don't think he would leave his Mother or his family. These are the kind of stories that just breaks your heart. I wish him all the best.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #13011
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
Thanks ETG. After reading this, I seriously doubt Prince picks us. He's way to close to his family. The things he's been through, I don't think he would leave his Mother or his family. These are the kind of stories that just breaks your heart. I wish him all the best.
I agree, I think he ends up at Maryland and no one could fault him one bit for doing so. IMO Prince would just be the cherry on the fudge syrup on the icing on top.

If he stays hope I wish him the best. They are starting to build a nice young foundation at Maryland. It takes a lot of time, effort, and sacrifice. Let's not forget how we looked in 2007. After that showing, for whatever reason the kids in SC decided to stay home. I don't know why 2009 was the year, but it was and my oh my it couldn't have happened at a more perfect time for us and against Clemptech.

Maryland is trying to do what we have done. Spurrier's turnaround here since 2009 is a blueprint for any college coach on How-to-Win pretty much
Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 PM   #13012
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 - Derrick Kelly, Jr.

If we are going for 22, I am all for adding one more OL this class. With Malik and Donnell I am happy. With a third guy, I'll be downright ecstatic
Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #13013
cockyness11
4-Star

Male

cockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudlycockyness11 is crowing loudly
Default Re: 2014 - Kaylon "Poona" Ford - Louisville

The tides are def turning and ole' Mr. Payne isn't in control of the ship as of right now.. Big Grandpa is at the helm now and he is stirring straight to Columbia!!! The word around here is that the Gamecocks are making a big push for Kaylon's services, especially since Quarles is more then likely moving on.. Also, Mr, Crosby and Shamiek Blackshear have been in his ear about all of them playing together.. Big shot out to those young men for recruiting for us. Will post more if I hear anything else or any changes has happened, but for now, We are sitting pretty with the whole family(Not just Grandpa) Happy New Year's everyone
Old 12-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #13014
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyness11 View Post
The tides are def turning and ole' Mr. Payne isn't in control of the ship as of right now.. Big Grandpa is at the helm now and he is stirring straight to Columbia!!! The word around here is that the Gamecocks are making a big push for Kaylon's services, especially since Quarles is more then likely moving on.. Also, Mr, Crosby and Shamiek Blackshear have been in his ear about all of them playing together.. Big shot out to those young men for recruiting for us. Will post more if I hear anything else or any changes has happened, but for now, We are sitting pretty with the whole family(Not just Grandpa) Happy New Year's everyone
Thanks for the update. It's good to hear Grandpa is in charge now. The other players have always been the best recruiters. Happy New Year to you as well.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #13015
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

a) touche about Bama

b) that's about as good as an update as you can get. I like to hear that Shameik is working him; good to have reassurance in that commitment. This one feels like it is inevitable, but so did the Wideman flip, and that appears to be ... eh... right now.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:10 AM   #13016
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

If Strong leaves Louisville, wouldn't that help our cause?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #13017
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

While he has strong ties to his family, I think the fact that his family is going with him on his OV to USC could well be considered as a strong sign that the family thinks (if they all like the school and program) his getting away from home after all the recent heartache would be a good thing for him. Sometimes distance is a tonic. Maryland is not that far away from Columbia. He can have the best of both worlds.

Wherever he goes, best wishes, of course.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:49 AM   #13018
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Well if other reports are true, his OV to Maryland didn't go as well. I think his OV here will seal the deal one way or another. To be at this position with his never being on campus is huge.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #13019
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It all comes down to how bad USC wants him. They haven't begun to push yet, just keeping the door cracked.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
Old 01-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #13020
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

I don't understand why we wouldn't push at this point, considering the stance of all of our other D-line recruits
Closed Thread