CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
eaglegolf018
SAETerrier
gamecock88
uscgmck
JerseyBird
Latti
Spurrier_Superior_On
scfanz
GamecockInHell
Larenz Bryant update (1125)
Hillsborough (584)
Joeckel Transfering (577)
UK's Whitlow to tran (540)
2016 - Greg Little (518)
2015 - Chris Clark (505)
Bamberg High School (349)
USC Tartan Unvieled (341)
Its April 15th and i (316)
response from charte (248)
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
response from charter abo
Kelcy and Vic questioned
A'ja Wilson
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
14 Dining-Related Taboos
SC Supreme Court Rules ag
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
Jameis Winston's Accuser

Old 01-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Exclamation Cack's Toast Of The Game: Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin

So another season has come and gone, and now that it's over, we get to wait till next season.

With Saturday's game we saw, for the last time in Gamecock uniforms, Connor Shaw, Jadeveon Clowney, Kelcy Quarles and maybe Bruce Ellington. Those guys have each played HUGE parts in the success of this program. Without each of them, each of the past 3 seasons could have had 2-3 more losses.

There are 4 or 5 guys that I could really give this toast to. We had some huge plays made that impacted the game, and we had some great performances for the entire game, but when it comes down to it. 1 guy shined a little brighter than the rest.

This week's ...

CACK'S TOAST OF THE GAME ... FOR THE CAPITAL ONE BOWL AGAINST WISCONSIN ... GOES TO ... BRUCE ELLINGTON

Bruce has made huge catch after huge catch over his career, and if it came to an end Wednesday, we will sorely miss him. We're not able to come back against Mizzou if he doesn't keep his tip toe in bounds as he caught the TD to tie it up. Connor had an amazing game, and amazing stats, but those stats were helped with a few phenominal catches by Bruce. Plus, Bruce finished with a higher completion percentage than Connor did, so I had to give it to him.

Honorable Mentions:
Connor Shaw - You couldn't end a career any better than Shaw did. We will miss Shaw as a leader and a WINNER. I'm glad he was able to go out on a game that he passed for 3 TDs, rushed for a TD, and caught one as well. Here's soluting you Shaw. Best of luck with the pros, but if that doesn't work out, best of luck with your future.

Jadeveon Clowney - THANK YOU, for coming to South Carolina and giving us the greatest 3 year run in school history. This year didn't turn out to be what we all hoped and dreamed it would have been, but Clowney showed us one more time what we're losing. You could have went anywhere in the nation, but you chose to be a Gamecock.

Skai Moore - He has gotten better and better has the season has gone, and with him as the Defensive ancor, I think we'll be just fine in the future.

Shaq Roland - Could argue that Shaq should have gotten the toast as well. He made a couple of big catches at critical parts of the game. I would love to see Bruce return, to see what these 2 can do next year together. That's a dangerous combo.

The Whole Team - The Defense stood up when they had to, and the Offense did what it needed to put points up on the board. The coaches had a game plan in place that set our team up for success. 11 wins for the 3rd straight season is something on 3 other teams in the nation can say. HOW 'BOUT THEM GAMECOCKS!!!!!

Week 1 - Offensive Line
Week 2 - Mike Davis
Week 3 - The Receivers
Week 4 - Mike Davis
Week 5 - JT Surratt
Week 6 - Connor Shaw
Week 7 - Jadeveon Clowney
Week 8 - Connor Shaw
Week 9 - Sharrod Golightly
Week 10 - Elliott Fry & Shon Carson
Week 11 - The Entire Team
Week 12 - Connor Shaw
Bowl Game - Bruce Ellington

EVERYONE RAISE YOUR GLASS ... HERE'S TO YOU BRUUUUUUUUCE

Guys and gals, thanks for letting me do this for you again. It kind of started as a post here and there, and grew from there. I don't claim to know everything about Football (some of you would say that I don't know anything), but I enjoy putting these together and hearing what some of you have to say about them. Till next season ... GO COCKS!!!!!

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
uscjeremynca
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cack's Toast Of The Game: Capital One Bowl: Wisconsin

Bruce had a great game. Loved the TD pass and he made a couple of outstanding catches to go along with his TDs. However, Bruce caught 6 balls and threw one. His plays were huge. However, Connor completed 88% of his passes and ran it 16 times with 5 TDs. We don't win that game without Connor. We don't win that game without Connor throwing those balls to Bruce. Connor was helped out by a bad Wisconsin secondary. However, the stats, touches, execution, and performance make Connor Shaw the pick for me.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Gotta disagree Cack. It has to be Shaw.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Shaw.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Bruce or Shaw, you cannot really go wrong.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM   #6
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Shaw admitted in the post game interview that he "just threw it up" a couple of times to Bruce and Shaq. Bruce made the play on those balls to make that play.

Plus, Bruce had 2 or 3 Sports Center Top 10 calliber catches.

Old 01-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 97950
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material

I thought you would do Shaw as well but I can't really argue against Bruce either. They were so dynamic in that game. I swear, after watching Ellington throw that pass to Shaw it made me wish we had let him run some wildcat as well...he threw that on a string. Either way, Bruce made some HUGE catches....I could not beleive the tipped ball...I scared our kids I got so excited!
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Co-MVP...Shaw and Ellington...can't have one without the other.

We will truly miss both of them next year (I think Ellington is gone after that performance).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Shaw admitted in the post game interview that he "just threw it up" a couple of times to Bruce and Shaq. Bruce made the play on those balls to make that play.

When was the last time we had a QB to run, pass, and catch a TD?

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #10
COCKYWOOD
Game MVP

Male

COCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot materialCOCKYWOOD is USC mascot material

Shaw !
COCKYWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Quote:
Yes he just "threw it up," becase that's what a qb does on every play.

Don't take credit away from Shaw because he wanted to give his teammates credit. He's allowed to take credit away from himself, but he played a hell of a game and, despite the fact that some great catches were made, the ball had to even be in a spot for the catch to be made in the first place.

Hey cack, better retroactively take away every time you've given a toast to Shaw because I'm positive that in his post game interviews he said the receivers and OLine deserved the credit. Even he said it himself, so yeah.

lol@ He just happened to be the medium through which bruce ellington caught the ball.

Co-MVPs for sure.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
markp_vip
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

I think you can make a case for either one. They both had amazing games. Sucks that we won't be seeing Connor suit up in the Garnet and Black next season. Really hope the same isn't true for Bruce, but will respect his decision either way and be thankful for all both of them have done for us the last few years.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
sporkgod50
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97410000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

and the correct answer is Shaw! accounted for 5 tds, unbelievable!

sporkgod50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #14
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockLurker View Post
Yes he just "threw it up," becase that's what a qb does on every play.

Don't take credit away from Shaw because he wanted to give his teammates credit. He's allowed to take credit away from himself, but he played a hell of a game and, despite the fact that some great catches were made, the ball had to even be in a spot for the catch to be made in the first place.

Hey cack, better retroactively take away every time you've given a toast to Shaw because I'm positive that in his post game interviews he said the receivers and OLine deserved the credit. Even he said it himself, so yeah.

lol@ He just happened to be the medium through which bruce ellington caught the ball.

Co-MVPs for sure.

There's a difference between giving praise "my oline really gave me a lot of time out there" or "the receivers made some great catches and didn't drop anything" and giving full credit "i just threw it up". I'm taking NOTHING away from Shaw. He had one of the greatest games, stats wise, I've ever seen. However, I think those stats were helped by a few circus catches by Bruce (and even Shaq).

Again, not taking credit away from Shaw, just giving credit to Bruce.

Old 01-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
G&B
ferk it

Male

CockyCash: 520
G&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot materialG&B is USC mascot material

Agree with the bruce pick.

He made 2 huge catches where he adjusted to the ball (the come backer and the tip catch)....without those 2 catches we don't turn the momentum and win the game. Add on his TD catch and he gets my vote for toast of the game.

Shaw may have been MVP but bruce gets my toast as well.

"Relativity is relative" - V. Smith
G&B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #16
Cockadoo
Starter

Male

Cockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPitCockadoo rules the CockPit

Quote:

I smell what your steppin' in, but Spurrier also said Bruce ran the wrong route on 3rd down which was the cause for the 4th down where he made the great catch. He had to make amends so to speak.

Cockadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous

How about the WHOLE team? Being off the field for a month and coming out and winning against a very good Wisconsin team.
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #18
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

It is "Cack's Toast of the Game," it's not exactly like a democratic vote. I think what most on here are saying (myself included) was that we would choose Shaw.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #19
cockybusiness2
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 860000
cockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot materialcockybusiness2 is USC mascot material

BRUUUCE
cockybusiness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:29 PM   #20
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockadoo View Post
I smell what your steppin' in, but Spurrier also said Bruce ran the wrong route on 3rd down which was the cause for the 4th down where he made the great catch. He had to make amends so to speak.

Well shaw threw 3 incompletions. 3>1