CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Thenardier
Bobby Boucher
Gyle41386
MACXIMVS
rdwylie
uscgamecocks88
JerseyBird
COCKYWOOD
roosterdude21
MWard
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8282)
Sindarius Thornwell (868)
Best Child Acting Pe (529)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (503)
Well gameday just go (421)
Happy Birthday, Coac (359)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (347)
Your most famous twi (239)
South Carolina @ Aub (218)
Unsung Hero (217)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
How to cut the mustard
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Athlon Ranks the SEC's QB
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Any news on Max Schrock
Burger Kings angry whoppe
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit

Old 01-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #81
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you Connor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreammachine View Post
I totally agree with what Spurticus stated! Could not have said anything better as I have always thought that Jeff Grantz was the best that I had saw until Connor came along! Ultimate Team Player!!!!
I still think Jeff was an all round better athlete than Connor. That was
proven on the Baseball field as well as on the gridiron, but you can't argue
with Connor being the better QB on pretty much any level. Stats, wins,
team success etc.... I said in a couple of the practice reports while
watching Shaw run the offense as a freshman, that he was the future of this program,
and a kid I felt would take it to the next level. I also made the comment
that I got this really overwhelming flashback to watching Jeff Grantz
play, when I watched Shaw on the practice field. Jeff is still a personal
favorite Gamecock player of mine, but Connor Shaw is the best QB I've
ever seen under center in a Gamecock Uniform. It makes me even more
proud to say it when you realize you're making that statement about a
young man with his type of Class and Character. I wish him nothing but
the best at whatever he does in life from this point on, and I want to say
again how fortunate I have been for God to allow me to live long enough
to see a player like him run this team. Best Gamecock QB EVER !
Old 01-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #82
jfbreb94
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

The best
jfbreb94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #83
86 GradCock
7 Year Plan

Male

CockyCash: 1450
86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly86 GradCock is crowing loudly

While it is bittersweet that we have seen the last of Connor in a Gamecock uniform, it is exciting to think he could be back as a coach one day. He and Marcus are two excellent prospects for future HBC positions and I know they would want to be back at Williams-Brice more than any other place in the country.

Godspeed Connor Shaw!
86 GradCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #84
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Best Carolina QB EVER ! .... Yes, I said it. It took 40 years for me to
say that there has been a better USC QB than Jeff Grantz, but Connor
Shaw is the best Gamecock field General this old Country Boy has ever seen in his
lifetime.

Great QB, Great man. He will sorely be missed going forward.
Yep
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #85
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 200
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Thanks for the memories! You've set the bar high, Connor, the best legacy you could have gifted us. As each of our QBs aspire to fill your shoes, it'll be impossible for them to ignore the performance expectations you've established. Well done! Time now to move your game to the next level, at which we have every confidence you'll excel!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #86
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

It was a great last game for our greatest qb ever. I look forward to seeing him play well in the pros.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #87
CockyInTexas
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 675
CockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talonsCockyInTexas has developed his gaff and talons

In this day of 5-star recruits and prima donnas, the players who have to most heart don't always get the recognition. Connor was considered to be the most underrated QB in the SEC (possibly the country) for the majority of the season. Man, did he show out yesterday! 5 touchdowns: rushing, passing, and receiving...

Gamecock Nation is going to miss you Connor, and I'll be a fan of you no matter where you end up.

2014 Capital One Bowl Champions!

Thank you Connor!
CockyInTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #88
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Retire 14!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #89
game
USC Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 976
game has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spursgame has earned his spurs

Connor Shaw is a great player on and off the field. Gamecock Nation is gonna miss him. I hope everything goes great in whatever he decides to do in life. Hope he gets drafted. Was a great QB for us, the best QB in the nation to me!

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champions!
game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #90
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #91
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Best Carolina QB EVER ! .... Yes, I said it. It took 40 years for me to
say that there has been a better USC QB than Jeff Grantz, but Connor
Shaw is the best Gamecock field General this old Country Boy has ever seen in his
lifetime.

Great QB, Great man. He will sorely be missed going forward.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #92
auslander
The Butcher of Hope

Male

CockyCash: 833
auslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot materialauslander is USC mascot material

I know it's a long shot but I sure do hope he reads this!

What a great outpouring for a great guy!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #93
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 500
SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

I was that guy, once I had doubts, but I have to say as we close his career.

Connor is the greatest Gamecock Quarterback Ever!!

Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #94
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

The greatest QB play ever at USC. Thanks, Connor.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #95
WayzUp
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1200
WayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPitWayzUp rules the CockPit
Send a message via Yahoo to WayzUp

Just had SportsCenter on and host brought on Todd McShay & asked him which players so far in this bowl season have helped themselves the most.

McShay answered, "A lot of really good quarterbacks have come out and had really strong performances but I think the player that has impressed me the most is South Carolina's Connor Shaw. This is a guy who has been overlooked his entire career & has had to compete in rotations at quarterback position there and didn't even know if he was going to be the full time starter there this year because of the presence of Dylan Thompson but he is really the unquestioned leader of that football team all year long & has come to be one of the toughest quarterbacks in the country. And he comes out and has what I think was maybe his best passing performance of his career, 22 of 25, and he's a player who's going to be at the all-star challenge/game. I'm excited to see him against All-Star competition. I think he's really going to stand out & I think he's now a draftable quarterback that a lot of NFL teams would love to have on their roster."

Lots of highlights of the Cap1 Bowl during the answer.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #96
Shaw4NFL
Banned

Male

Shaw4NFL has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayzUp View Post
Just had SportsCenter on and host brought on Todd McShay & asked him which players so far in this bowl season have helped themselves the most.

McShay answered, "A lot of really good quarterbacks have come out and had really strong performances but I think the player that has impressed me the most is South Carolina's Connor Shaw. This is a guy who has been overlooked his entire career & has had to compete in rotations at quarterback position there and didn't even know if he was going to be the full time starter there this year because of the presence of Dylan Thompson but he is really the unquestioned leader of that football team all year long & has come to be one of the toughest quarterbacks in the country. And he comes out and has what I think was maybe his best passing performance of his career, 22 of 25, and he's a player who's going to be at the all-star challenge/game. I'm excited to see him against All-Star competition. I think he's really going to stand out & I think he's now a draftable quarterback that a lot of NFL teams would love to have on their roster."

Lots of highlights of the Cap1 Bowl during the answer.
Pretty amazing considering me4usc, Swagga, Cocky2001, Cack, and Red Devil all thought he shouldn't even be the starter…

Wait, not that isn't just what they thought..

They also thought Connor

1. Faked his injuries vs UCF and Tennessee (directly accused of this by Cocky 2001, but then backed up by the others)

2. Should be moved to WR before the season.

3. And of course some of my favorites from Red Devil and Swagga - "Connor will be working at an Olive Garden next year" and "SC wins in spite of Connor not because of him."

Which at the end of the day means one thing…

That all of those fans mentioned above are completely idiots that have no clue whatsoever about football.

Sincerely,

The Shaw Family
Shaw4NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #97
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

I am going to miss the heck out of Connor. I rarely see a player give life and limb to get a first down, and ultimately, a W for his school. Shaw did that every game. Shaw is proud and respectful of the Gamecock organization, and it is nice to read this thread and see the pride and respect being showered in his direction. Connor Shaw defines BEAST MODE!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #98
USCremedy
This your bush?

Male

CockyCash: 2300
USCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot materialUSCremedy is USC mascot material

not sure whats happening.

USCremedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #99
Shaw4NFL
Banned

Male

Shaw4NFL has hatched from the shell

Notice that none one of those idiots mentioned above has congratulated Connor Shaw.

Not once.

Oh but they come out of the woodwork whenever he had a bad game.

Cocky2001 was in complete hiding until after the Tenn game and then he came out with both barrels blazing talking about how Shaw was faking his injuries.

Freaking me4usc spent the better part of two years talking about how Shaw didn't deserve this win or how YPA don't really matter.

But then after the Missouri game, she was remarkably absent. But actually she wasn't absent. Oh no. She was on the board defending Dylan and talking about how being down 17-0 wasn't his fault.

But not once did any of them congratulate Connor.

That was all fine and good until they started accusing him of faking injuries. That is over the line and I am nowhere near done with letting it be known that this group of fans actually accused Connor of faking injuries.
Shaw4NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #100
JohnnyB21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material

Connor is the freakin terminator.

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote