CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
markp_vip
ReadR00ster
sporkgod50
snruter amabon
Gyle41386
Acockolypse Now
4gamecockfb
Lalli25
Thenardier
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (690)
Hope Springs Eternal (628)
Clemson's At It Agai (498)
Byron the bunny...fe (439)
The #AskEmmert Q& (361)
Chico McClatcher- 20 (347)
How to cut the musta (313)
Shameless self promo (239)
One thing I was glad (120)
Peach Bowl name retu (26)
2015 - Rashard Causey
Season Rankings Thread...
Victor Hampton Arrested
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4
Larenz Bryant update?
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)

Old 01-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #41
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit
Default Re: Where do we finish in the polls?

I say 5 with Baylor layin the egg...That win over @ UCF looks better and better.

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #42
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

It looks like 6 and that works for me. If Ohio loses that puts Clemson back in the top 10 and I like them better where they are.
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #43
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
I highly doubt it happens, but what happens if OK beats Bama? Would OK jump ahead of us while Bama remains ahead?

If FSU destroys Auburn, could we possible jump them?

If Bama and OSU lose and Auburn gets destroyed. Could we possibly jump one or all to move into #3-#5?
the first point is a good one, if oklahoma beats bama likely both of them would end up ahead of us so we'd drop a spot. i think it would still be extremely unlikely we'd jump auburn even if they lost by 50. the last two scenarios are possible on some ballots, but i think it would be extremely rare and not even close to enough to get us to jump higher than 5th overall.

you never know with pollsters though, baylor and stanford were ahead of us, you may see a degree of bias toward a team from those conferences if it comes down to us vs them (oregon, oklahoma st).
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #44
B&GSpur
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
B&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spursB&GSpur has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampFox View Post
If the Taters make it a game against the Buckeyes, thereby preventing the Buckeyes from winning decisively, and if UCF hangs on against Baylor, and if...

Ever code a program?

IF...
IF...
IF...
Yeah, so don't forget the AND and ORs!
B&GSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:36 PM   #45
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has hatched from the shell

Sometimes it is funny how the rankings work from week to week. I think that both Baylor and Stanford will drop behind the Gamecocks after their bowl losses. However we could get jumped by others that have a win and the same or better record (possibilities are UCF, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Missouri, Oregon, Louisville, an as a long shot but not likely Clemson). The only other team we could jump in my opinion would be Ohio State and as a long shot maybe Alabama if they loose big).

I think that we end of either 5th, 6th, or 7th. We should be ahead of Clemson regardless (but I have seen stranger things happen).

Here is how it plays out
Alabama beats Oklahoma and will end up at 2nd.
The winner of FSU and Auburn ends up 1st and the looser ends up 3rd or 4th (I am predicting Auburn to win because of their much tougher schedule and wins).
Michigan State will probably end up 3rd if FSU wins and 4th if Auburn wins.
So That is the top 4

I predict that Ohio State beats Clemson (both had a lot if sure wins and were not tested very often during the season) in a close one and will end up 5th.

I predict that Missouri beats Oklahoma State - which yields 6th, 7th, and 8th as USC Gamecocks, Missouri, and Oregon in that order.

So then UCF, LSU, Louisville, UCLA, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State will have the 9th-14th 11th spots.

(If Oklahoma State beats Mizzou just flip flop them; If Clemson beats Ohio State then that puts both of them around 8th to 10th; If Oklahoma beats Alabama, that puts both of them in around the 6th to 8th mix)

With all of the, this is my top 10 only predictions:
1. Auburn
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. Michigan State
5. Ohio State
6. South Carolina
7. Missouri
8. Oregon
9. UCF
10. LSU or Louisville
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:46 PM   #46
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Later thread needs to be merged in here.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #47
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
We will finish 6th but should be top 5. We will start at number 15 next year due to our losses from this squad.
You mean, the least amount of losses of any team in the country right?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:09 AM   #48
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Will we jump Bama? I think we will.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:12 AM   #49
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

History is going to get us in the rankings, I'm afraid. Unless something strange happens, ou is going to beat bama, and I won't be shocked if BOTH end up being ahead of us in the final polls.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 AM   #50
captainawesome
Blue Chip

Male

captainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurs

I honestly think we will be #5 in the final AP. What's great is that the result of the Orange Bowl and NC Game do not affect this. Pretty crazy, eh?

FINAL AP TOP 6:
1. Florida State
2. Michigan State
3. Auburn
4. Ohio State
5. South Carolina
6. Alabama (coming off a loss, they drop bellow us)

Missouri, Oklahoma, UCF, Oregon, Stanford, and Baylor will likely round out the final AP Top 12. There's no chance any of them slide above us.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:43 AM   #51
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
I honestly think we will be #5 in the final AP.
And if the taters beat OSU? We could go to # 4. I think #5 is a lock right now.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 AM   #52
captainawesome
Blue Chip

Male

captainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurscaptainawesome has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
And if the taters beat OSU? We could go to # 4. I think #5 is a lock right now.
Indeed sir.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 AM   #53
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

OU beat bama by 14 points, so they will almost certainly jump us, even though they shouldn't, imo. But if Alabama is ahead of us in the final poll after the way we closed out our season and they crapped the bed in their last two games, I will be pissed.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #54
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

number 6...
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #55
the_ultimatethrill
Walk On

the_ultimatethrill is learning to peckthe_ultimatethrill is learning to peck

Number 6 guys this just gave analyst what they needed to keep us at 6. We don't get the recognition we deserve and after the games I've seen C14 draft status should have just moved up
the_ultimatethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #56
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

FSU
Ohio State
Michigan State
Albarn
Oklahoma
Alabama
South Carolina
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 AM   #57
TAFC 5 1981
4-Star

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spursTAFC 5 1981 has earned his spurs

I think Mizzou would have to blow out OK ST to stay ahead of SC. If FSU beats Auburn like they have most teams, y'all could be the highest ranked SEC team.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #58
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Finishing in the top five is a real possibility now.
garnet_black215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:01 AM   #59
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I think Mizzou would have to blow out OK ST to stay ahead of SC. If FSU beats Auburn like they have most teams, y'all could be the highest ranked SEC team.
Time will certainly tell, but I don't expect fsu to have the same type of domination in the bowl game they've had the rest of the year. I don't know who is going to win, but I do think it's possible fsu's incredibly soft schedule might catch up to them. Auburn will be the best team by FAR fsu will have faced this year. Like I said, that doesn't necessarily mean Auburn will win, but the huge step up in competition might be a shock to fsu for a while. I could be completely wrong and fsu blows Auburn out just like everyone else, which would be fine with me.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #60
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

We'll still wind up ranked like 13 next year to start.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote