CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
Thenardier
SanAntonioCock
MACXIMVS
Bobby Boucher
rdwylie
COCKYWOOD
b381l
spareparts
uscgamecocks88
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8393)
Sindarius Thornwell (903)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (571)
Best Child Acting Pe (549)
Well gameday just go (449)
Happy Birthday, Coac (399)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (368)
Your most famous twi (271)
South Carolina @ Aub (237)
Unsung Hero (228)
Connor Mitch
Name a Gamecock
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Hope Springs Eternal
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2015 - Auden Tate
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3

Old 01-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #21
AggieTodd
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
AggieTodd has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Announced Bowl Attendance Figures

Quote:
Chick Fil A (Atlanta GA) Duke Texas A&M 67,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
that had to be the number of tickets sold...there were a lot of empty seats there (specifically in the upper deck)
Yes, Duke gave tickets to its students for free, so there were many unused tickets in addition to the normal unused tickets seen at most bowl games. That upper deck looked half empty.
AggieTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #22
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

The Gator and Outback looked like they were at about 50 to 60% of the attendance of the Cap 1 Bowl.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

I was in 209 (45/50 yard line gamecock side) and the Wisconsin upper decks looked mostly empty. Their lower deck wasn't as bad.. Good amount of them over there,

Lots of gamecocks around us. Few WIS people but they weren't bad at all. One couple told us congrats and had great things to say about shaw and spurrier.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #24
Big-Cock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Big-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot materialBig-Cock is USC mascot material

There is no way the gator bowl had 60,000. It looked like a normal jag game attendance .
Big-Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 AM   #25
GarnetInChicago
シカゴのカキ

Male

CockyCash: 45500347
GarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot materialGarnetInChicago is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaddy1847 View Post
Also they mentioned on SportsCenter this morning that PLAYOFF games in Green Bay and Indianapolis were in danger of being blacked out in the local markets this weekend bc so many tickets remained unsold. I could not believe it! Green Bay having trouble filling Lambeau?

Really tells the tape on both the true state of the economy and the HD TV technology making home viewing such a perfectly good alternative. Lots of folks prefer to stay home, plain and simple.
My friend, it is COLD up here, even by midwestern standards, right now. Expected high this coming Tuesday in Chicago is -2 (it's a balmy 7 degrees as I type this), and Green Bay's quite a ways north from us.
GarnetInChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:14 AM   #26
Pastatroy
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
Pastatroy is learning to peckPastatroy is learning to peck

I collected 60 free chicken sandwich cards they had placed in the seats of the ga dome if that say anything about the upper deck of the peach bowl
Pastatroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #27
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

A lot of people can not travel halfway across the country to attend a bowl game for various reasons.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:53 AM   #28
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetInChicago View Post
My friend, it is COLD up here, even by midwestern standards, right now. Expected high this coming Tuesday in Chicago is -2 (it's a balmy 7 degrees as I type this), and Green Bay's quite a ways north from us.
Well Indy has a dome so what's their excuse?

With how much the NFL has grown in popularity, I find it shocking that 3 of 4 games this weekend are in danger of being blacked out locally. That's crazy!

FWIW, Panthers have already sold out their first home game of the playoffs. No blackout in Charlotte!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #29
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I heard 58k for Cap One, and if I had to guess from the layout on TV and using that number it looked like 38k "ish" USC fans to 20k WISC
fans
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:59 AM   #30
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

its really about % capacity, rather than raw numbers...some stadiums are not as large as others
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #31
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastatroy View Post
I collected 60 free chicken sandwich cards they had placed in the seats of the ga dome if that say anything about the upper deck of the peach bowl
Lol, let him eat!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #32
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKE226 View Post
its really about % capacity, rather than raw numbers...some stadiums are not as large as others

Not only that but ticket price too. A bowl game with 50,000 people paying $80 to sit in a seat is still more impressive than 55,000 people paying $30 to sit in a seat.

Living in Charlotte, I can tell you the ACC Championship game is extremely easy to score free tickets to every year unless Clemson or Va Tech is in it. The SEC Championship on the other hand you are lucky to get in for less than $100. So even if attendance was similar numbers the SECCG is by far more impressive.

I have a feeling for the Gator Bowl that of the fans in attendance many people got in for absolutely free and it still looked like crappy attendance. I know others have echoed similar sentiments about Duke giving away tickets so that the Chik-Fil-A was better attended than it would have been. So many moving parts to these raw numbers it's almost impossible to compare apples-to-apples.