CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
MWard
sanford
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
75CarolinaFan
B-G
Spurticus
Aggie96
Sidney Rice Retiring (1597)
Pictures of older Co (511)
SOS Dominating SEC M (384)
Bonefish Grill (362)
What Are The Most Im (332)
Places to eat in Con (288)
This Song is the F'i (254)
Tenn vs WVU in Charl (241)
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING (169)
George Harrison Memo (147)
Sidney Rice Retiring From
Bonefish Grill
2014-2015 Men's Non Confe
Good Article for those co
Top 10 Reasons Why Texas
Name a Gamecock
Green and Lammons
Predict Clemson 2014
FAIRGROUNDS PARKING GREEN
Asheville/Spartanburg eat

Old 01-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #41
Cockyteg
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockyteg has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Clemson Dig

it was funny loved it

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #42
onamission
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1300
onamission has hatched from the shell

Espn was running the clip during the intro this morning.
onamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #43
highstick
Walk On

Male

highstick is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Curse View Post
He's in Doodoo's head. Thats all he will be thinking about between now and Friday. He will be trying to come up with something clever and forget bout OSU

You got it! Dabo's going nuts now and hasn't thought about tomorrow night's game since yesterday...He wet his britches when the OBC said that and he's yet to come up with anything that doesn't sound like nonsense as a rebuttal...But then, Clempson fans will bite for the excuse and defend it to the end...
highstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #44
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

So is Dabo going to plead to his players to beat OSU so he can shout at Spurrier? I'll bet hes considering such a move.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:59 PM   #45
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Overall I think it was funny and he was playing to the fans in the stadium. I do question though that wasn't it Spurrier that had all signs and posters referring to beating clemson removed from WB locker rooms? Didn't he also mention that too much attention was up on beating them? Just wondering why the need to constantly stir the pot similar to the Lattimore rally day. Funny regardless but appears to send mixed messages.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #46
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Overall I think it was funny and he was playing to the fans in the stadium. I do question though that wasn't it Spurrier that had all signs and posters referring to beating clemson removed from WB locker rooms? Didn't he also mention that too much attention was up on beating them? Just wondering why the need to constantly stir the pot similar to the Lattimore rally day. Funny regardless but appears to send mixed messages.
All the stuff about the signs, posters, focus on Clemson was in the early years when he got here. Once Dabo went on his rant, Spurrier's attitude toward Clemson has changed drastically. It's not mixed messages at all. It was the right message at the time.

Spurrier just wanted us to focus on the SEC first, Clemson second. Now that we are beating UGA, UT, Florida, we can talk about Clemson. Since we have started to succeed and are dominating Clemson, Spurrier has fun at Clemson's expense and Dabo just made it easier for him to do that.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #47
BeerandBacon
Recruit

Male

BeerandBacon has hatched from the shell

I agree, I think Dabo made it personal when he went on his rant, and that is one thing you don't want to do to Spurrier. He'll bury you.
BeerandBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #48
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
All the stuff about the signs, posters, focus on Clemson was in the early years when he got here. Once Dabo went on his rant, Spurrier's attitude toward Clemson has changed drastically. It's not mixed messages at all. It was the right message at the time.

Spurrier just wanted us to focus on the SEC first, Clemson second. Now that we are beating UGA, UT, Florida, we can talk about Clemson. Since we have started to succeed and are dominating Clemson, Spurrier has fun at Clemson's expense and Dabo just made it easier for him to do that.
But we aren't winning the east. Got beat by a less than mediocre ut team ths year as well as beat by uga and blown out by uf last year. Just appears like he didn't want the rivalry to mean much until we beat them consistently. I have no problem with it just remembering the very recent past and how things have changed quickly.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #49
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talonsTAFC 5 1981 has developed his gaff and talons

Yes my fellow taters are all torqued about this; I don't get it. A high profile game vs. a good OH ST w/ NC coach (which CU has a chance in) and they worry about this. At least most of my fellow Gators are thinking about how to stop the bleeding, the new OC, and recovering from the worst season since 79. Interesting side note, many gators still like Spur but are not crazy about Urb.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 AM   #50
kwsgamecocks97
Walk On

Male

kwsgamecocks97 has hatched from the shell

Clemson
Form of STD generally in the shape of a "paw" found in the genitals by most Tiger fans.
I heard he has the Clemson", " I can't believe he gave me the Clemson!" "I thought it was herpes, turns out its the Clemson!!

How urban dictionary described Clemson
kwsgamecocks97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #51
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
But we aren't winning the east. Got beat by a less than mediocre ut team ths year as well as beat by uga and blown out by uf last year. Just appears like he didn't want the rivalry to mean much until we beat them consistently. I have no problem with it just remembering the very recent past and how things have changed quickly.
He didn't say winning the east, he said competing with those in our division. That we are doing.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #52
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
He wasn't "stirring the pot" at the Lattimore rally. SOS was responding to Dabo's remarks about Lattimore. Those remarks came on the heels of Dabo's rant in which he said, after losing to our team, that the game with South Carolina wasn't so much of a rivalry as it was a domination, that USC was in Southern California, that Carolina was in Chapel Hill, and that Clemson was The University of South Carolina.

Spurrier simply said he did not agree with all of the stuff coming from the coach of that school in the Upstate, but he did agree with him about his remarks regarding Lattimore.

There is nothing wrong whatsoever in what Spurrier said. He did not stir the pot.

The reaction out of Clemson, was, of course, hysterical. It is the Clemson fans that like to say Spurrier stirred the pot. So, I think you are just caught up in some Clemson propoganda.

Quote:
Whah-whah-whah.

UT was not mediocre. They are an SEC team and we played them on the road in front of 100,000 UT fans. The ACC has nothing like the atmosphere at UT and we had the youngest team in the country. UT would have won the division with Duke if it were in the ACC.

Florida recruits Florida and consistently has a top five recruiting class. They lose because they play in the SEC where all the teams are pretty good.

You sure do seem to take a negative view of things. It is almost unbelievable that a Gamecock fan would have such a view especially when you should be celebrating our great victory over a very good Wisconsin football team, a team laden with Big Ten seniors, who barely lost in their game with OSU, and was highly motivated to beat us.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #53
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

As usual, people are overreacting about this on both sides of the aisle. I guess that's just how college football rivalries in the south are.

Clemson fans: OMG, the Ol' Ball Sack is so classless! Stupid coots!

Carolina fans: OMG, taters are so dumb hehe. DABO HAS NOT GAME PLANNED ONE IOTA OR EVEN SLEPT SINCE SPURRIER SAID THAT OMG. I can't believe tater fans are talking about our coach talking about them when they've got such a huge game coming up, haha stupid taters are going to lose because their fans aren't watching game film hehe.

That being said, I am interested to see if Dabo issues any response. If he does, it will probably be intiated by a reporter asking him about it to try to stir up the rivalry, and Dabo will probably shrug it off just like he has most of these digs post "the rant". I think he realizes he's outmatched at this point and that sitting at 0-5 there is really nothing he can say.

To summarize, nothing to see here.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #54
uscjeremynca
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 575
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Winning the East has nothing to do with Clemson though. Spurrier wanted us to forget Clemson and focus on getting ourselves in position to the win the SEC. We are in that position. We haven't done it. Can't lose games we're not supposed to like UT and Auburn.

I think Spurrier enjoys the Clemson game now. For one, he knows where are good enough to win. Second, we've accomplished the goal of competing for SEC titles (need to get over the hump but we are there). Third, Dabo has made this a rivalry for him and he's enjoying it.

I'm not trying to argue with anything you're saying. Only thing I disagree with is the idea that it's a mixed message. The timing of the stuff with Clemson and not focusing on them a few years ago and how he treats the rivalry now are completely different because we are a different team now.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #55
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29799800
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerandBacon View Post
I agree, I think Dabo made it personal when he went on his rant, and that is one thing you don't want to do to Spurrier. He'll bury you.
Dabo has made himself into the modern day version of Ray Goff (remember SOS referring to him as Ray Goof?)
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote