CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
USC_21
b381l
JDJones
WeStillOwnUSC
kingofnerf
Cockypantherfan
gamecockgal
kick_ball
SanAntonioCock
10 years since " (2079)
Sidney Rice is havin (1578)
Why the hesitance to (1096)
Should UNC get death (480)
2014 Charleston Clas (457)
BJ Mckie (449)
Getting Back on Trac (344)
Hospitality Area? (318)
Cocky cloth towels (277)
Challenge to or revi (246)
2014 Charleston Classic *
2014 Charleston Classic *
2015 Defensive Line
Micheal Shumacher Fightin
2015 Commitment - Dexter
Dragon Age Origins free!
Should UNC get death pena
Family, Faith, and Gameco
How many??
Lineup Changes (Offense)

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
LuckyCharm
Clowney's huge sack

Male

CockyCash: 500
LuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervousLuckyCharm is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2015 - Mason Veal

Heard there's some movement on this guy?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #22
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

He will be here for Black Magic.

He was also at Dawg Night, but apparently was not wowed.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
PvtWarlick
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1261
PvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot materialPvtWarlick is USC mascot material

This is his first big recruiting visit to SC. If he enjoys it, we are going to be tough to beat.
2010 SEC East Champions

Baseball:
2010, 2011 National Champions
4 Time Runner-Up (1975, 77, 2002, 2012)

Basketball
Southern Champions: 1927, 33, 34, 45
1970, 71 ACC Champions
1997 SEC Champions
2005, 06 NIT Champions
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #24
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

To me this guy, Noah Green and Zach Bailey are musts for the 2015 O-line class.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

USC better stay on top of this one. UNC has already formed a relationship with him, and some of their media and fan base already think he is going to be part of their 2015 class. Legacies don't always go their parent's alma mater.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Dang Tarheels AGAIN in Charlotte. We can't let them have whoever they want in Charlotte.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
HughDamright
Recruit

Male

HughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervousHughDamright is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Dang Tarheels AGAIN in Charlotte. We can't let them have whoever they want in Charlotte.
Ardrey Kell has strong ties to the real CAROLINA with about 25-30 students in this past year's graduating class going to school in Columbia. I think that Mason will look around to see what is out there, but in the end he will be a Gamecock.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Charlotte (N.C.) Ardrey Kell 2015 offensive tackle Mason Veal showed good athleticism and flexibility in the offensive line drills. He was arguably the most athletic of the offensive linemen and seemed to have good rapport with offensive line coach Shawn Elliott.
Link: http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...essions-140843

Quote:
Gamecock legacy 2015 OL Mason Veal definitely looked the part physically and moved around well. He's a smart kid that is very strong in the weight room. Again, because of the lack of one-on-ones it was hard to get a thorough evaluation other than a few select drills.
Link: http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan

Last edited by CoverTwo; 07-28-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #29
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Junior OL Mason Veal (6-6 290) of Charlotte attended camps at Clemson and USC this summer and has offers from both schools. North Carolina and NC State are his other offers with Georgia, Tennessee and Vanderbilt showing interest. Veal will attend the Clemson-Georgia game Saturday. He enjoyed his visit to Clemson earlier this summer. “It was my first time down there and I got a chance to meet (offensive line coach) Robbie Caldwell,” said Veal. “He seemed like a real cool guy. Clemson was great. It’s a family atmosphere, not just with the players, but with the coaches. I like that football is really important in that community.” Veal also attended a camp at USC and was equally impressed. “It was pretty laid back because we only worked for about 45 minutes, but I really like coach Shawn Elliott,” he said. ” I like was he’s about I like their dedication to winning the SEC and it’s a place I could see myself playing.” A USC game is in Veal’s future though he has not settled on which one. His other camps included UNC and Georgia. Though Veal does not have any favorites, he named Clemson, USC and North Carolina as his top schools in no order. “UNC is close to home and it’s a great academic school,” Veal said. “I really like their coaches.”
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...mson-saturday/

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 11-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #30
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

Quote:
Junior OL Mason Veal (6-6 285) of Charlotte has Clemson, USC and North Carolina as his early favorites in no order He will make his second trip to Clemson this fall. Veal will attend Saturday’s game when the Tigers host The Citadel. Veal was at the season-opener verses Georgia. “It was great,” Veal said. “The atmosphere was absolutely electric. I have a good friend who goes to Clemson so I spent some time with him on campus and it was incredible…especially after they pulled off the win.” Veal visited USC last weekend, but it was not his first time in Columbia. “It was my first recruiting trip,” he said. “But it wasn’t my first time there. Both my parents went to USC. The trip went well. It was great atmosphere and I like coach (Shawn) Elliott a lot. I like the way USC adjusts to their players. They don’t play the same way every year and they’ve done a good job with that.” Veal has offers from USC, Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia and NC State. He is hearing from Tennessee among others. His other visits were to North Carolina and Tennessee and this weekend’s trip to Clemson will be his last of the season.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...king-with-usc/

Old 01-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #31
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

According to Ryan Bartow of 247, we are now third behind UNC and Clemson.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #32
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

OMG! WHAT?!!! How the hell does this happen?
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #33
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Lol, what? How? Why?...

Granted it is still early...
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #34
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

I was wondering the same exact thing.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #35
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Feels our Coaches are not giving him enough attention. Hope he isn't Rolin part 2 but it sure looks like he might be. If he is Rolin par 2 not sure that type of kid is a Elliot type to be honest.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #36
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

That's on our coaches if that's the case. He's a legacy recruit and someone many thought would end up here. He's a true OT, and we'll need those in 2015. Seems like this is happening way too often.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #37
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
That's on our coaches if that's the case. He's a legacy recruit and someone many thought would end up here. He's a true OT, and we'll need those in 2015. Seems like this is happening way too often.
Our Coaches don't kiss @ss. While you say it's on them Spurrier has NEVER kissed @ss. Why would he start now. Personally I am glad he doesn't and his method seems to work pretty damn well. I could give a sh!t less if the kid is a legacy or not. As far as I am concerned he is an unproven 17 year old.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #38
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 999760
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Our Coaches don't kiss @ss. While you say it's on them Spurrier has NEVER kissed @ss. Why would he start now. Personally I am glad he doesn't and his method seems to work pretty damn well. I could give a sh!t less if the kid is a legacy or not. As far as I am concerned he is an unproven 17 year old.
Agreed. Rolin wanted his butt kissed, and Corey wanted his kissed for his son. Don't need that around here, come in and work hard like so many before , Latti, Shaw, ect
Old 01-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #39
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Agreed. Rolin wanted his butt kissed, and Corey wanted his kissed for his son. Don't need that around here, come in and work hard like so many before , Latti, Shaw, ect
Exactly. These Legacies aren't owed a d@mn thing. Come in and work hard and the best player plays. Thats the way it should be. If he needs his @ss kissed Clemson will be an excellent fit.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #40
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Dabo is puckering his lips!
Closed Thread