CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
jebodiah
b381l
Gamecock in TX
cockycrazy2001
Acockolypse Now
jellafever
Cockypantherfan
rolinb1
Vote for Browns star (2855)
texags (2377)
Shaw Lighting Up Bro (2117)
2016 Commitment - Ja (1679)
Preparing for the sm (1340)
Connor Shaw intervie (796)
Gameday Garnet Polo (653)
Clowney (549)
Aggie Statistics (546)
Free furniture if A& (440)
2018 - Dakereon Joyner
Preparing for the smash r
Aggie Statistics
Gameday Garnet Polo
They are coming to your c
texags
Vote for Browns starting
Clowney
Connor Shaw Browns
2016 Commitment - JaCorey

Old 01-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #41
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Todd McShay giving Connor Shaw some props....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Late draft rds. and UDFA are about the same. He'll almost certain get signed to come in and try out. If he can show some potential, then it goes from there. Just depends on which team wants to give him a shot. His W-L record will definitely get some attention.

It's going to be real hard...lots of NFL teams are now keeing 2 QBs on their rosters as opposed to 3 just a few years back. He will not be retained unless they feel he has the potential to be a starter one day.
I wish his arm was more powerful (note the way I worded that). I just hope he can continue to get bigger/stronger and it helps.

No one would be more happy if he made a roster than me. He is a lot like Marcus.
I think this will be the tough part. Although, unlike another recent great college qb who struggled to find a place in the NFL, because he doesn't attract a lot of attention to himself. I think this will increase the chance NFL teams see Shaw as someone who they can stick on the practice squad to give him development time.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #42
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenSpur7 View Post
There's no way that he can continue his style of play in the NFL, with his stature. He's had some good success running the ball, but he's also coughed it up in big games, and suffered numerous injuries. NFL scouts will have to determine whether he can go through his progressions properly. He is fairly accurate, when determined to throw the ball.
That's why players get coached in the NFL also.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #43
atlgamecockman
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2000
atlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talonsatlgamecockman has developed his gaff and talons

Honestly there is nothing to do but wait and see. You see Heisman winners suck and you see nobodies become legends in the NFL. Whatever Connor becomes, none of us can predict, but I wish him all the best.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #44
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlgamecockman View Post
Honestly there is nothing to do but wait and see. You see Heisman winners suck and you see nobodies become legends in the NFL. Whatever Connor becomes, none of us can predict, but I wish him all the best.
I get what you're saying, but there are a lot of posters on CT, chances are pretty good one of us actually gets it right or vaguely right enough that we can claim a victory ala michel de nostredame.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #45
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I never would have pegged Russell Wilson as a NFL QB.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #46
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

The Russell Wilson comparisons are a stretch to me. I still think that Connor Shaw will be a late round draft pick - if not a definite FA signing.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #47
jseal777
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
jseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervousjseal777 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
He never completed a game against SC did he?
jseal777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #48
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Just stated on ESPN that Shaw has worked his way into a NFL prospect. Did not mention what round he will be drafted but did say he will get drafted. Great for Connor !!!!
I think he will get picked up. At the very least he could be the scout team qb to help prepare for match ups with mobile qbs
Old 01-04-2014, 12:02 AM   #49
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
This season was a pretty good example (using Bama's McCarron, in particular) of how hype of being part of a dominant program can help solid but not much more participants get individual accolades that they truly do not deserve:

McCarron: 3,041 total offensive yds, 28 td, 7 int 11-2

Shaw: 3,014 total offensive yds, 32 td, 1 int 11-2

One is 2nd-team All-SEC and a Heisman finalist, and the other isn't even on the radar of either...
That is amazing! Connor Shaw is as talented a QB as any in the nation. He is unique and refuses to be pidgeon holed as this or that type of a player. Thankfully he wanted to be a Gamecock!

I remember the Southern Miss game to open the 2010 season and seeing Connor run like the wind, and saw him throw 1 or 2 pics as well. And to open the 2011 season he moved us down the field but fumbled and was replaced. Then he eviscerated Kentucky in the first of 18 consecutive home victories.

It was an honor to watch him vs Wisconsin. A great player and teammate is also a great QB!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:10 AM   #50
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

if he's drafted, let's hope he doesn't Tebow it up - refusing to play anything but QB
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 AM   #51
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Guess you didn't watch his senior year of college.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:05 AM   #52
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Guess you didn't watch his senior year of college.

Just his senior year? He averaged 62% completions, 3200 yards, and 30 TD a year his final 3 seasons!
Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #53
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Just his senior year? He averaged 62% completions, 3200 yards, and 30 TD a year his final 3 seasons!
Yea but according to a poster he didn't beat us twice (his freshman and soph year) so they would have used they, can't beat us can't be a pro QB argument.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:17 AM   #54
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
Yea but according to a poster he didn't beat us twice (his freshman and soph year) so they would have used they, can't beat us can't be a pro QB argument.
I forgot we were the measuring stick for NFL Quarterbacks, my bad. (sarcasm) (I know you're not the poster you're referring too)
Old 01-04-2014, 01:19 AM   #55
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I forgot we were the measuring stick for NFL Quarterbacks, my bad. (sarcasm) (I know you're not the poster you're referring too)
You're new to cocky Talk (then again I'm pretty good at pointing out alters but can't point you out) but I like you a lot (no homo).need more posters like you.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 AM   #56
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

The Panthers need him as a backup, we cant keep signing da to one year deals and we cant use an early round pick on one.
FearThethumbandDJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 AM   #57
partyguy708
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 25346000
partyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talonspartyguy708 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fan View Post
Connor reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Everybody always told him that he wasn't big enough, couldn't throw far enough, didn't have enough talent in HS/College and the pro's. That's how I see Connor. tell him he can't do something and he won't sleep until he proves you wrong. Just an opinion.
Connor will be drafted (and should be), but this is a terrible comparison. AR has a much bigger arm, lightning fast release and was always considered a certain 1st round pick, which he was.

Enjoys intellectually stimulating conversation.
partyguy708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #58
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlgamecockman View Post
mccarron cost himself a bunch of money last night....
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #59
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyguy708 View Post
Connor will be drafted (and should be), but this is a terrible comparison. AR has a much bigger arm, lightning fast release and was always considered a certain 1st round pick, which he was.
exactly.....he's one of the top 5 qb in the nfl......
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #60
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CBS Sports has Connor Shaw ranked as the 227th best player in the draft, ranking in at the 13th best QB. For those interested he ranks behind QBs: Tajh Boyd (10th best QB - 123 overall), AJ McCarron (8th best QB - 94 overall), Aaron Murray (11th best QB - 160 overall).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2014/QB