CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Lonnie
Spurticus
COCKYTALKIN
elcid99
sporkgod50
BiggerLSUfan
markp_vip
Gamecocks1137
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1149)
Ranking the Opposing (1009)
Not a Rival.. (760)
Gamecock Coaches as (576)
help with army insig (410)
NCAA Football 15 (352)
Hello Gamecocks! (280)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (242)
I'm a grand godfathe (240)
George Miller revisi (214)
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Green and Lammons
Clemson Recruiting...how
Parking needed
Not a Rival..
Ranking the Opposing Fanb
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs TxA&
2016 Commitment - Kyle Da

Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #821
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly
Default Re: **OSU vs. Clemson GAME Thread**

Dabo is awesome.

ProFootballFocus.com
JT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #822
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Not true. Only 2 or 3 BCS bowls are legit: the rest are totally jokes. The conference tie-ins make them jokes, and certain conferences being guaranteed BCS bowl bids regardless of the quality of FB in them make them jokes...

Ohio State played NO ONE last season and went undefeated, and based on that got pre-season top-5 rankings. Then they played NO ONE this season until the last game of their season and sure enough lost. But because of that, they are warranted a BCS bowl bid due to their high pre-season ranking from playing NO ONE last season, and their ability to maintain it by playing NO ONE this season. And due to their conference being guaranteed 2 BCS bowl bids....

Clemson played UGA to open their season this season - UGA's biggest weakness was their rebuilt, inexperienced defense, while Clemson's strength BY MILES was their offense. Still, despite having an entire off-season to prepare, and playing UGA on their field, Clemson barely wins by 3 pts because they kicked their FG while UGA muffed theirs. Then Clemson get's humiliated versus the only 2 other quality opponents they played, beat a bunch of 7-6 teams in MD, GT, Syracuse, BC. Beat NCSU, WF, UVA that were a combined 9-27, and beat TWO FCA opponents...

And THAT warrants them a BCS bid because the ACC is a joke conference, and yet it's guaranteed 2 BCS bids.

In the case of the Orange Bowl, the BCS is most certainly a joke...
I don't like this argument. No, OSU didn't play a hard schedule, but it's exactly this sentiment that empowers Clemson to call us out on sour grapes and contend that a BCS win is worth 5 losses in a row to your biggest rival.

The own a BCS bowl. Not the championship, and not because they were ACC champions. It's not nothing. It's not everything. We just need to rest assured that it's worth it to know we were the superior team, and have been for a half decade.
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 AM   #823
eatlighting
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Dabo is awesome.
He has been good to us.

I love that the taters are immediately back in his corner. I'm starting to smell a conspiracy.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #824
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
I'm gonna have to try this one.
I was doing it during his post game interview. Lots of LOL's to be had.
Cockypantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 AM   #825
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
I don't like this argument. No, OSU didn't play a hard schedule, but it's exactly this sentiment that empowers Clemson to call us out on sour grapes and contend that a BCS win is worth 5 losses in a row to your biggest rival.

The own a BCS bowl. Not the championship, and not because they were ACC champions. It's not nothing. It's not everything. We just need to rest assured that it's worth it to know we were the superior team, and have been for a half decade.
I'm upset that they won their BCS game, granted. I can rest easier knowing that despite their win, it eats them alive that we can kick back with our bowl win and take comfort in knowing that we have been a better football team than they have been for the last 5 years.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #826
CharlieStrong
Back like cooked crack

Male

CharlieStrong is learning to peckCharlieStrong is learning to peck

Did anyone else notice Tajh Boyd shout out the spread for the FSU-Auburn game?
CharlieStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:29 AM   #827
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his clawslfowens is sharpening his claws

I am not upset at all that Clemson won, they played hard and won (I mean they had 4 tough games this year and won 2, kinda the same for Ohio State). I really love it that DABO called us out, it only builds us up more - because it does not matter what anyone says when you win the Carolina-Clemson Game!!!!!!!! Five in a row baby....Go COCKS!!!!
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #828
JerseyBird
Fuggedaboudit

Male

CockyCash: 2332
JerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot materialJerseyBird is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
This is where Urban punches Stephon Anthony.
Haha was thinking the same thing, for old times' sake

Everything else has been pretty well covered already
JerseyBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:56 AM   #829
KaneisAble
Bowl MVP

Male

KaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot materialKaneisAble is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballpoint Man View Post
Listen. It's a big accomplishment. BCS isn't a joke.
You lost me right about...here.
KaneisAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #830
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSven View Post
I'm upset that they won their BCS game, granted. I can rest easier knowing that despite their win, it eats them alive that we can kick back with our bowl win and take comfort in knowing that we have been a better football team than they have been for the last 5 years.

I don't think most of them feel that way unfortunately. Tigernet is blowing up about "coots suck it" and they're rubbing in their BCS win. I left a few comments to their posts then logged off.
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #831
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

BCS rankings aren't a joke, BCS bowl selections are a joke.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:08 AM   #832
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
I say 5. Should be.

Well Mizzou & Clemson both won so that leaves us further down the polls. But poll positions don't matter now due to the playoff games next year. It won't have any relevance I don't think. It never does.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #833
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
Well Mizzou & Clemson both won so that leaves us further down the polls. But poll positions don't matter now due to the playoff games next year. It won't have any relevance I don't think. It never does.
we beat both of those teams head to head and we have the same records....I don't see how they would be above us.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #834
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

We can't help there are several good teams in our conference, not just 3.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 AM   #835
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
Sammy is a beast. Gonna be awesome at next level

Yes, that he will.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:13 AM   #836
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
We both had a good season

Yes we did! Now go over to Tigernet and tell that to your fellow fans. Most of them think we "coots" are jealous, butt hurt, etc. That's not true for alot of us.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #837
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Well you may not have a BCS bowl championship, but you beat two BCS bowl champs. Also the Cotton bowl champ, very good season!

Just couldn't beat those pesky Vols! :-)

Oh thanks alot for the jab, Ericvol. Lol. But you are correct - we beat two BCS bowl winners this year. That feels good.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #838
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
we beat both of those teams head to head and we have the same records....I don't see how they would be above us.

Because BCS rankings are stupid. We'll see I guess. I hope you are correct.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 AM   #839
NAVY GAMECOCK
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1130
NAVY GAMECOCK is sharpening his clawsNAVY GAMECOCK is sharpening his clawsNAVY GAMECOCK is sharpening his clawsNAVY GAMECOCK is sharpening his clawsNAVY GAMECOCK is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
I think I'm gonna buy me one on them train jumpin' Rogues.
lol......classic!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 AM   #840
MikeHawk
Walk On

Male

MikeHawk has hatched from the shell

Why do we have this on our site? F'em!
MikeHawk is offline   Reply With Quote