CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Acockolypse Now
sporkgod50
StormOfTalons
COCKYTALKIN
b381l
thekob
Rooster'srule
auslander
davisd9
An Aggies View of th (1532)
Elcid99 (1466)
Tennessee (1060)
Erin Murray's brothe (667)
Question on Student (621)
Clowney in Practice (530)
Bad movies that are (450)
Camp scheduled relea (420)
John Abraham DUI (388)
PSU drops a prospect (310)
Green and Lammons
PSU drops a prospect beca
Best Offensive "Trip
Mizzou WR suspended for s
Elcid99
John Abraham DUI
2015 - Zack Bailey
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
Travelle Warton retires
Tennessee

Old 01-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #841
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: **OSU vs. Clemson GAME Thread**

Listen to me everyone. THE BEST thing that could possibly have happened to Us last night was Climpson winning.

1) it moves us up in the rankings for sure.
2) we beat 2 BCS champs this year. That's good for recruiting as recruits know the difference in SEC scheduling and patsy schedules.
And most importantly,
3) there is no way Abo's head is on the chopping block. This always bodes good for us because even their fans know that he is Spurriers whipping boy.

Trust me, this win over a OSU that has no defense truely helps us.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #842
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
OSU-45
CU-35
You got it wrong, but that was a damn good prediction.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #843
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
Listen to me everyone. THE BEST thing that could possibly have happened to Us last night was Climpson winning.

1) it moves us up in the rankings for sure.
2) we beat 2 BCS champs this year. That's good for recruiting as recruits know the difference in SEC scheduling and patsy schedules.
And most importantly,
3) there is no way Abo's head is on the chopping block. This always bodes good for us because even their fans know that he is Spurriers whipping boy.

Trust me, this win over a OSU that has no defense truely helps us.

Disagree. The recruiting impact it has for Clemson outweighs those other factors for me.
-An extra spot in the rankings is meaningless
-beating 2 BCS champs is nice, but it's not tangible. There's no trophy for it. It's hard to sell that to others. Recruits want to be that team in the BCS game
-Abo had an 8 yr extension even if they had lost from what I've heard.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #844
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Boyd's average pass distance was 2.9 air yards down field. 350 of his 378 pass yards were after the catch.

Tommy Beecher could have carved up the OSU secondary last night.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:03 AM   #845
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
Disagree. The recruiting impact it has for Clemson outweighs those other factors for me.
-beating 2 BCS champs is nice, but it's not tangible. There's no trophy for it. It's hard to sell that to others. Recruits want to be that team in the BCS game
I disagree. But then, that's what makes America great. Do t be jealous of Climpson hardware. Everyone knows they backed into that bowl game. As long as we keep beating them, with their 5 star recruits, who cares about their recruiting. We went 11-2, 3 years in a row in the hardest conference in the land. Abo bragged about doing it twice, in the ACC.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #846
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Unfortunately I agree.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #847
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Clemson gets a bcs bid due to contractual obligations with BCS. Since they were the second best team in their conference they got to go. Otherwise, it most likely would have been us playing OSU.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #848
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 500
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

This was Dabo's best win ever. #NoSmack

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:29 AM   #849
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Clemson gets a bcs bid due to contractual obligations with BCS. Since they were the second best team in their conference they got to go. Otherwise, it most likely would have been us playing OSU.
not so fast! Dook was the second best in their conference.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #850
SCFANFORLIFE
Walk On

Male

SCFANFORLIFE has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Carolina has no one to blame but themselves for not going to a BCS bowl game. Losing to Tennessee cost SC a chance to play FSU for the BCS tile game. That was a game SC should have won easily. Once again the team loses a game that they should not have lost, this was inexcusable. Two timeouts on the same damn play, and to even think about going for it on your own 25 was just plain bad coaching. This is the reason we didn't play in a BCS bowl game this year. With all the talent on this team, this was the year to put it all together and win a championship, yet poor coaching cost the team a shot at a title. I think the Gamecocks are one of the two most talented teams in the country, they should be playing FSU on Monday, but once again they lost a game they should not have lost. That game still makes me sick! Until the team learns how to bring their best effort every single game they will never get over the top.
SCFANFORLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #851
CockyInGA
Winning Anyway.

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFANFORLIFE View Post
Carolina has no one to blame but themselves for not going to a BCS bowl game. Losing to Tennessee cost SC a chance to play FSU for the BCS tile game. That was a game SC should have won easily. Once again the team loses a game that they should not have lost, this was inexcusable. Two timeouts on the same damn play, and to even think about going for it on your own 25 was just plain bad coaching. This is the reason we didn't play in a BCS bowl game this year. With all the talent on this team, this was the year to put it all together and win a championship, yet poor coaching cost the team a shot at a title. I think the Gamecocks are one of the two most talented teams in the country, they should be playing FSU on Monday, but once again they lost a game they should not have lost. That game still makes me sick! Until the team learns how to bring their best effort every single game they will never get over the top.
Ah yes, the ole "shouldn't have lost to Tennessee" fiasco again...

CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #852
uscGRAD04
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Lets call the Orange Bowl what it was, a matchup of runner-ups from the two WORST conferences in major college ball
uscGRAD04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:31 PM   #853
SCFANFORLIFE
Walk On

Male

SCFANFORLIFE has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Ah yes, the ole "shouldn't have lost to Tennessee" fiasco again...

My point was that SC has no one but themselves to blame for not making a BCS game , no need to make any excuses which the other post was about. Sorry but it still is what it is, time will not change that. Poor coaching cost us a chance to play FSU for the title.
SCFANFORLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #854
gocockswyn
Starter

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
He has been good to us.

I love that the taters are immediately back in his corner. I'm starting to smell a conspiracy.
Something I noticed during the game is that the announcers were prasing Chad Morris over and over again. They really did not have much to say about Dabo. Think that if/ when Morris leaves will play a part with recruiting. They even talked about Morris leaving Clemson during the game last night. Seems likely he will be gone sooner than latter.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #855
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

I've glanced over some pages here and can't seem to find anything, but does anyone have a video of the final Clemson interception? Where he may or may not have had possession of it. I thought it he did at first but I'd love to have another look at it.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #856
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...ne-anthony-int

it comes down to when he's transitioning the ball if you think hes in control of it or not. i think it jostled before he hit the ground and was moving around as he transitioned to the right hand, i dont think he ever had it long enough to constitute possession.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote