CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GamecockGuardsman
robgusc76
SMOTFS86
sflgc
Big Spur
GregoryHouse
Spurticus
kingofnerf
MisterClowney
cockybreeyan
Connor to be backup? (2764)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (1168)
Miami Beach Bowl Thr (1078)
Carolina ranked #21 (1022)
Connor to start agai (973)
Gotta get Agent 0 go (824)
Marcus coming home (590)
Most Impactful Peopl (496)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (495)
Greatest Gamecock Pl (444)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Marcus coming home
Greatest Gamecock Players
Miami Beach Bowl Thread
Arizona Cardinals QB situ
Carolina ranked #21 prese
Players to The Draft
Connor to start against R
Denver/Cincy MNF Thread
The Vent and Coaching cha

Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #121
Carolina-Beez
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPit
Default Re: Where do we finish in the polls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I admit there's a little bit of a difference in the situations since we didn't play on the same day, but your belief was disproven this season. Michigan State jumped well ahead of us after they beat Ohio State in their championship game, and our last showing was a 14-point win over CU.
True. But Michigan State was 12-1 and we were 10-2. That's a significant difference record wise. Plus, the Spartans were conference champs.

We have the same record as Oklahoma, 11-2, right now and neither team won its conference. There would be no justice in the Sooners jumping us, but I'm aware it could very well happen.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #122
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
True. But Michigan State was 12-1 and we were 10-2. That's a significant difference record wise. Plus, the Spartans were conference champs.

We have the same record as Oklahoma, 11-2, right now and neither team won its conference. There would be no justice in the Sooners jumping us, but I'm aware it could very well happen.
Let me be clear about this. I don't think Alabama OR Oklahoma SHOULD be ranked ahead of us when the final polls come out, but I fully expect at least one of them to be. Why do I expect it? Because the perception of Alabama is enough to keep them from falling too far, I think, but even the pollsters won't be able to justify letting Alabama stay ahead of Oklahoma, so if 'Bama doesn't fall far, then OU will have to move up enough to be ahead of UA, and that combination might be enough to put them in front of us.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #123
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
Logic would say no but we have gotten screwed over in these polls as of late and the voters love the buckeyes.
That's just untrue.....the poll voters don't hate us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Michigan State jumped well ahead of us after they beat Ohio State in their championship game, and our last showing was a 14-point win over CU.
My belief? MSU was and still is a one-loss team....they beat the #2 team which was undefeated...while we were a 2-loss team. They deserved to jump us and proved it by beating Stanford.
So you think a 2-loss #11 Okie is going to jump a 2-loss #8 Gamecock team? You do realize our guys have wins over potentially 3 Top Ten teams? Okie has beaten one....Bama. It's not going to happen....Gamecocks deserve to be ahead of Okie, taters, and Mizzou (all 2 loss teams).

The bigger question is how far Bama drops and whether they drop lower than our guys.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:54 PM   #124
ReadR00ster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
Can't see Mizzou being ahead of us. We each had two losses and we beat them at their place.
they do have 1 more win than us though.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #125
wincocks84
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Yeah I'm aware of what we "deserve". But I don't think they care.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #126
Carolina-Beez
Starter

Male

Carolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPitCarolina-Beez rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
That's just untrue.....the poll voters don't hate us.
I agree that there is no anti-USC bias out there. My concern is that voters in Big 12 and PAC 12 country are not going to rank 4 SEC teams ahead of every team in those two conferences. If that's the case, Bama should be the odd SEC team out, considering they lost their last two games. But I have my doubts.

Anyway, hope you're right.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #127
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Where do we finish in the polls?

We always gets the short end of the stick. I wouldn't be surprised at all with our ranking.

I kind of wish Spurrier would have kept his mouth shut, Dabo made us look like shit last night.

That's all I've heard all day long from Clemson!
Old 01-04-2014, 03:45 PM   #128
CockyCody
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
CockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talonsCockyCody has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
We always gets the short end of the stick. I wouldn't be surprised at all with our ranking.

I kind of wish Spurrier would have kept his mouth shut, Dabo made us look like shit last night.

None of us should give a rat's ass what dumbo or any clemsux fan thinks or has to say!! 5 in a row baby, 5 in a row...............and 6 is just 10 months away!!!
CockyCody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #129
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:

How did Dabo make us look like shit?

What are you talking about?
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #130
wincocks84
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Yeah if anything Dabo looks ignorant for boasting when he has lost to us 5 yrs in a row. Which is why so many are pointing out those loses.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #131
IMACOCK
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000420
IMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot materialIMACOCK is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
I highly doubt it happens, but what happens if OK beats Bama? Would OK jump ahead of us while Bama remains ahead?

If FSU destroys Auburn, could we possible jump them?

If Bama and OSU lose and Auburn gets destroyed. Could we possibly jump one or all to move into #3-#5?
2 out of 3 so far. If FSU embarasses Aub, maybe that exposes Bama even more and jumps us ahead and into #3 or #4.
IMACOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:40 PM   #132
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMACOCK View Post
2 out of 3 so far. If FSU embarasses Aub, maybe that exposes Bama even more and jumps us ahead and into #3 or #4.
Would lol if we didnt move at all
Old 01-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #133
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 7003800
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

What none of us have commented on yet (at least not that I've seen) is that the polls are all about the voters' opinions, so they don't necessarily reflect what happens on the field with multiple teams. In other words, if someone still believes Alabama is the best team in the country, they are free to vote for Alabama #1. In no way are the pollsters required to go by the way a team finishes the season as compared to others.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #134
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPitzambam rules the CockPit

Quote:

WTF are you talking about? How did Dabo make us look like shit last night? And why is Clemson talking to you?

If you were the General I know why the Garnet Army disbanded
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #135
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambam View Post
If you were the General I know why the Garnet Army disbanded

Hahahahahahahaha

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #136
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:

So you blame Steve Spurrier for your inablity to not listen to other stupid BS?

And now you want us to take the rest of your posts seriously?
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #137
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Where do we finish in the polls?

You can act like what he said last night didn't sting all you want. The fact that we haven't made it to a BCS game or won a BCS game is important. If it wasn't, explain why everybody was so worked up about us not making it to a BCS game.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #138
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
You can act like what he said last night didn't sting all you want. The fact that we haven't made it to a BCS game or won a BCS game is important. If it wasn't, explain why everybody was so worked up about us not making it to a BCS game.

I don't think his comments stung. Everyone's worked up because everyone knows we were more deserving that multiple teams in the BCS bowls, including Clemson.

No one is saying the BCS was not a goal. It definitely was. But everyone knows the reason we haven't been to the BCS is due to the flaws in the system. Everyone also knows the only reason Clemson was in 2 BCS bowls are because of the flaws in the system and their crappy conference.

Sent from iPhone, please excuse minor grammatical errors.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #139
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Finally we agree on something.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #140
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

Quote:
Everybody is worked up because they didn't belong playing in the Orange Bowl! How in the hell does Clemson play for the Orange Bowl as the 12th ranked team in the country while we play in the Capital One Bowl? It defies rationality, and everyone knows it including Clemson fans. At least the last time they played in that game they won the ACC, which they didn't do this year. So, they aren't good enough to win the ACC, but they are good enough to play in the Orange Bowl?
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote