CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
WeStillOwnUSC
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
jrussjr
cockybusiness2
Kentucky prediction (2052)
Just Booked my Hotel (1374)
Best position coach (759)
Waldrop doubtful for (733)
The New Idea That'll (683)
So What? (682)
We Have A New KO Guy (504)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (411)
So What? (258)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (255)
Thoughts on the basketbal
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2
QB Recruiting Strategy
What fish do you eat
Best position coach or co
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
2016 - Tavien Feaster
2015 Commitment - Jaire A
Kentucky prediction
If we loose to Kensucky..

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #81
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

CockyCash: 200
EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Army commits/ participants and #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
They think he will now be in the top TBS 247.
Which amuses me.

He is outside of the TOP 247 because he runs a slow 40 and is a shade under 6'1. I think it will be impossible to take any site seriously that does not bump him up in the final rankings.

His play on the field this week at the highest HS level, speaks for itself and then you have the intangibles that led to him being selected a captain, the way he carries himself. and you just know this kid is going to be successful.

Jacob Park is ranked #5 Pro-Style QB because he can throw the ball 60yards flat footed, if anyone watched him play in the Shrine or Army games they would see that he is not even close to the #5 QB in the country. He can't throw the ball accurately, makes poor decisions, and crumbles under pressure.

BAW is being slighted in his ranking because of his size and 40 time and Park is being given the bump because of his arm strength in shorts.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #82
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
Which amuses me.

He is outside of the TOP 247 because he runs a slow 40 and is a shade under 6'1. I think it will be impossible to take any site seriously that does not bump him up in the final rankings.

His play on the field this week at the highest HS level, speaks for itself and then you have the intangibles that led to him being selected a captain, the way he carries himself. and you just know this kid is going to be successful.

Jacob Park is ranked #5 Pro-Style QB because he can throw the ball 60yards flat footed, if anyone watched him play in the Shrine or Army games they would see that he is not even close to the #5 QB in the country. He can't throw the ball accurately, makes poor decisions, and crumbles under pressure.

BAW is being slighted in his ranking because of his size and 40 time and Park is being given the bump because of his arm strength in shorts.
this is exactly why I get annoyed with these recruiting services......they put far too much emphasis on measurables and not nearly enough on how they perform on the field...which is why they need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:02 PM   #83
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Which amuses me.

This is why I don't understand why people pay $ to these "recruiting service" websites.

When you plant shit-seeds. You get shit-weeds.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #84
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
This is why I don't understand why people pay $ to these "recruiting service" websites.
They have their use. Aside from the team information they put out, if you pay close attention to recruiting and enjoy it you can find out a lot about where a potential recruit is leaning. 247 lets you read other teams message boards so you can read VIP info from say UGA website which I think is a really nice feature. I also like to follow our baseball team a lot and both pay sites pay a lot of attention to the team, you are not going to find that information anywhere else really.

You just don't take their word as gospel and believe every 5*/4* recruit they rated is correctly rated, it is impossible to do such a thing.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #85
Sugedatdude
Cocky Que

Male

CockyCash: 500
Sugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spursSugedatdude has earned his spurs

Quote:
They have their use. Aside from the team information they put out, if you pay close attention to recruiting and enjoy it you can find out a lot about where a potential recruit is leaning. 247 lets you read other teams message boards so you can read VIP info from say UGA website which I think is a really nice feature. I also like to follow our baseball team a lot and both pay sites pay a lot of attention to the team, you are not going to find that information anywhere else really.

You just don't take their word as gospel and believe every 5*/4* recruit they rated is correctly rated, it is impossible to do such a thing.
This guy gets it!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #86
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
They think he will now be in the top TBS 247.
He's already rated in the top 175...I believe you mean on rivals.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #87
sgacock
4-Star

Male

sgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talonssgacock has developed his gaff and talons

BAW turned 17 in October. Somebody didn't update his profile.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #88
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
this is exactly why I get annoyed with these recruiting services......they put far too much emphasis on measurables and not nearly enough on how they perform on the field...which is why they need to be taken with a grain of salt.
Sometimes play on the field can be misleading too. Especially during the high school season when there may be 1 or 2 division 1 prospects on the field between both teams. I see your point though. These all-star games can give you a glimpse at how highly rated players will perform against real opponents.

I'd like to see more of them.

Some kids just look good in a uniform and others just play good in the uniform (excuse my poor grammar, I wanted it to sound similar).
Old 01-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #89
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

davidson didnt hardly play. that was dissapointing. i guess he just wasnt as elite as others.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #90
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
davidson didnt hardly play. that was dissapointing. i guess he just wasnt as elite as others.
Pretty certain he was injured early.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #91
50ktight
4-Star

Male

50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws50ktight is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
He played a little. Dropped a screen pass on the east's first possession. None of the east receivers were able to make much of an impact because of poor qb play and a good west defense.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #92
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
He played a little. Dropped a screen pass on the east's first possession. None of the east receivers were able to make much of an impact because of poor qb play and a good west defense.
hard to catch balls bouncing off the turf thrown by all world Jacob Park.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #93
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Shaq was lit up on that play. I don't recall him playing after that so he may have been injured.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #94
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Glad Uga got park.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #95
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Glad Uga got park.
TBS said his ranking is going down sometime this month.....rightly so.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #96
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Rivals or 247 ?
Old 01-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #97
Rooster'srule
Blue Chip

Male

Rooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talonsRooster'srule has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gamecockfb View Post
Glad Uga got park.
It's been a plot all along. They built this boy up so our competition would take him. Wasting a spot on the team. The State of South Carolina playin' big time ball now. Tryin" to mess up our competition. Dats why Clemmons and USC passed on da boi!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #98
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
*shocking* haha. UGA fans are all ready to annoint Hutson Mason as the next big thing.
Closed Thread