CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
sporkgod50
2000grad
ReadR00ster
usc1
Thenardier
Order 66
rosstheboss
Cock Kool-Aid
Kelcy and Vic questi (3605)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
I like how Frank sou (843)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (638)
Hillsborough (394)
2015 - Chris Clark (386)
Sweet Corn!!! (271)
GTA V online (174)
Bamberg High School (157)
Its April 15th and i (140)
Hillsborough
Ahh...The Masters
Cuonzo Martin to Cal
2015 Commitment - Shameik
No.1 for 2016 has Gamecoc
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Aggie Spring Depth Chart
A'ja Wilson
13 Vintage Internet Ads B

Old 01-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #61
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Todd McShay giving Connor Shaw some props....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
I never would have pegged Russell Wilson as a NFL QB.
Well he quietly played well at NCSU...just didn't get any attention and then blew up at Wisconsin his one year there.

I agree....never saw it coming, but after watching him play a lot...it's quite obvious why he's playing...regardless of his height disadvantage.
One thing Russell and Connor have in common is they both play smart and try to minimize their mistakes. This has been a big plus for the Seahawks, even though the have a formidable offense outright.

Russell is a Marcus kind of guy....high character....we'd love him if he had of been a Gamecock.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
Nuke LaLoosh
UFC ON THE SIDELINE

Male

CockyCash: 500
Nuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spursNuke LaLoosh has earned his spurs

Shaw needs to learn under 3 people in the NFL, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and of course Sean Payton.

SAINTS BABY!!!!!!!!
Nuke LaLoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #63
97srad750
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material97srad750 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53fan View Post
Connor reminds me of Aaron Rodgers. Everybody always told him that he wasn't big enough, couldn't throw far enough, didn't have enough talent in HS/College and the pro's. That's how I see Connor. tell him he can't do something and he won't sleep until he proves you wrong. Just an opinion.
Nearly every draft guru had Rodgers as a first round pick. Everybody didn't tell him that coming out. Sure he slipped on draft day but it's not like he went late or was considered a marginal prospect.

I agree that he's a worker like Shaw but that's about it
Old 01-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #64
McBrain
Walk On

Male

McBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his clawsMcBrain is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
I can't remember the last time we put a QB in the NFL?
Pretty sure the last QB we had with any playing time in the NFL was Anthony Wright.
McBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 AM   #65
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Tom Brady was drafted #199th in the 2000 draft. We all know how that worked out....

Lonnie is online now   Reply With Quote