CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
No Comments on the H (1409)
Freshman ND WR " (479)
Call of Duty: Advanc (453)
Good Riddance to bad (266)
Keeping tailgate foo (249)
Things They Should H (224)
Vote For Cocky (219)
An A to Z of Noah We (135)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (116)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (39)
Vote For Cocky
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: OREGON @ CALIFORNI
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK

Old 01-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #41
ngosz
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
ngosz has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Tip of the hat to Wisconsin

Badger here - congratulating the Gamecocks on a great game, and a fantastic bowl experience with your fans. I've been to several Badger games, and your fans were the nicest to talk to, by far.

It was fun to see two hard-nosed physical football teams go at it for 4 quarters. Connor Shaw was the difference with his mobility moving out of the pocket. He did a nice job of getting after our Freshman CB Shelton throughout the game.

The game was tight until Stave got knocked out of the game. With the way he was drooping his shoulder, it may have been his clavicle as he broke it last year vs. Michigan St. We haven't heard anything one way or the other, yet.

We lose 4 important seniors next year in Borland, James White, Jared Abbrederis and Beau Allen (DT) But, we have plenty returning and should be set up for a good run in the B1G next season with the new divisions. How do you shape up?

I will be pulling for South Carolina going forward. Best of luck!
ngosz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #42
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngosz View Post
Badger here - congratulating the Gamecocks on a great game, and a fantastic bowl experience with your fans. I've been to several Badger games, and your fans were the nicest to talk to, by far.

It was fun to see two hard-nosed physical football teams go at it for 4 quarters. Connor Shaw was the difference with his mobility moving out of the pocket. He did a nice job of getting after our Freshman CB Shelton throughout the game.

The game was tight until Stave got knocked out of the game. With the way he was drooping his shoulder, it may have been his clavicle as he broke it last year vs. Michigan St. We haven't heard anything one way or the other, yet.

We lose 4 important seniors next year in Borland, James White, Jared Abbrederis and Beau Allen (DT) But, we have plenty returning and should be set up for a good run in the B1G next season with the new divisions. How do you shape up?

I will be pulling for South Carolina going forward. Best of luck!
Back at you my man...... Y'all played a hell of a game, and have a very
solid Football program. Good Luck to the Badgers next season.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #43
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I would much rather schedule future OOC games with various B1G teams we have yet to play or have not for decades instead of ACC games. So tired of playing those good for nothing backstabbing jerks. Might be able to lure one of those monster OL out of HS to play for us that way.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #44
militarymind17
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 490
militarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his combmilitarymind17 is developing his comb

The Wisconsin program is a class act. Outstanding fans.
militarymind17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #45
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Badger fans were very cool down there... Had fun with a few of them NY Eve, during tailgating, and at and after the game... Really impressed with their OL play... Damn I wish we could get more guys like that on our O-Line..
Old 01-04-2014, 12:17 AM   #46
ngosz
Walk On

Male

We wish we could get some of your WRs and a legit QB. Although, Gillens seems like the real deal coming in next year!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #47
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngosz View Post
We wish we could get some of your WRs and a legit QB. Although, Gillens seems like the real deal coming in next year!
Hey we already sent one of our qb's to Madison.

TV commentators were talking up McEvoy as a big contender for the job next year.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM   #48
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbadger View Post
You guys are very classy USC.

What is your opinion on Joel Stave? He is getting a lot of hate from Wisconsin fans for his inconsistency. My opinion is that the offense moved well with him and even though he isn't a great passer, he is at least a threat to throw (unlike Curt Phillips). I believe he was also 5/6 on 3rd down passing in the bowl game. I think many Wisconsin fans are too caught up with the recent play of Russell Wilson and Scott Tolzein who were excellent college QBs. Many are forgetting that Stave is only a RS Sophomore and this was his first full year of starting. I believe that if Stave is not the starting QB next season, then that means the player who beat him will surely be something special because it will be Stave's job to lose. Also very excited for the Melvin Gordon and Corey Clement (#6 who rushed for 32 yards on the one wildcat play) combo next year because they will be more talented than this year's record setting duo of Gordon/White.

Congrat again on victory. I feel no shame in losing to a classy program that has a bright future.
Wisconsin fans on here have been all class as well. Respect back at you.

Is Anderson going to give McEvoy a shot at the starting qb job? We were high on him here but he got caught up in the numbers game. It seems like his skills would be a great fit in your offense.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:28 AM   #49
ngosz
Walk On

Male

Yes, Andersen will be giving McAvoy a shot at QB next year. We have another kid from CA in Bart Houston that will be in the mix.

Badgers had McAvoy play S late in the season because he was too athletic to keep off the field.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #50
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I have always enjoyed my trips to Wisconsin. Everyone I met down for the game were great peeps too.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #51
fridayserv
Recruit

Male

fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous

Zbadger you are the best, you started the communications with gamecock fans and was real classy. The two things I notice was your DC had a great gameplan to stop the run. That freshman DB is going to be real good. He got beat a couple of times but I can see the talent. Wisconsin with a QB could play in the SEC. Down her we have a saying that I think applies to both teams. We don't replace players we reload. Lastly, I think the way Victor Hampton held Jarad to 30 receiving yards is what hurt the most. I mean to shut down a 1st round pick cost wisconsin the passing threat. by the way your DC is one of the best I seen i College football. I wish we had him.
fridayserv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 AM   #52
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

I'm glad Wisconsin didn't run every down. I can't understand why they bother to pass at all. Best run blocking I think I've ever seen.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote