CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
Cockypantherfan
b381l
smoovecock
SMOTFS86
gamecockphan
B-G
kabercr2
Spurrier on Pharoah: (3150)
USC/clemson spread (1298)
In case no one saw.. (1131)
injury report? (870)
Odell Becham Catch (569)
A little late to the (428)
Tiger Burn (406)
Clemson Stacking the (362)
Why has there been 4 (312)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (279)
Bowl projections
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
USC/clemson spread
Texas A&M Defense
Fly_over tomorrow?
Does anyone have a Charli
A little late to the conv
Props to Volleyball!
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo

Old 01-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #61
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Network Hires Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
YOU may not have hate, but there is plenty of over the top reaction in this thread to him. I will say again, everywhere he was allowed on the field, he won pretty consistently. The guy who can't play set Broncos playoff records. I get it, he's easy to make fun of and I don't personally like him because he always beat us it seems, but there is a lot of angst toward the guy that just seems personal when it makes no sense for it to exist.

Just wanted you to know Tebow also does motivational speaking if one does wish to book him. ESPN knows he brings attention however, just like this thread. He is a polarizing figure for whatever reason.
If you can't see the reason for the angst directed both at tebow and anyone who questions his moral standing then you are trying very hard to ignore the obvious.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #62
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
If Tebow is is such a Christian, why isn't he preaching? He's 27 years old and still no link to a woman besides a woman who gets paid by public relation teams to date closeted men who are famous.
He must not feel the call to preach, and you shouldn't be a preacher if you aren't called to it.

As for his love life, I respect him for waiting until he meets the right woman for him. Not every man who doesn't sleep around is gay. Also, not every woman trumpets her connection to a high-profile man. He may very well have a girlfriend who chooses to stay away from the cameras, lest she be accused of dating him because of his notoriety. Many high-profile people prefer partners who don't use them for publicity. Dating is a mine field for celebrities.

BTW, I would not stop liking Tebow if he were gay. There are gay Christians who choose to live celibate lives, just as there are single heterosexual Christians who are celibate. I don't expect non-Christians to understand what I'm saying.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #63
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
If you can't see the reason for the angst directed both at tebow and anyone who questions his moral standing then you are trying very hard to ignore the obvious.
Sorry, can't imagine a valid reason for the angst I am seeing. My opinion, of course.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #64
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sorry, can't imagine a valid reason for the angst I am seeing. My opinion, of course.
Well, my observations are that Tebow makes people pick between supporting or rejecting an extremist version of evangelical christianity. Either side you pick support tebow or not his persona forces you to pick a side and that choice is not one people (just this thread as an example) make void of emotion.

Hell the post beofre yours equates liking tt to whether you can accept the concept of a sexually active homosexual christian dirrectly to whether or not you can like tebow as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy. He seems to do nice things, but as long as he positions himself asa spokesperson for evangelical radicalism, either supporting or disliking him will result in the kind of attacks that you've seen in this thread. Of course you've known this all along and more likely my saying you can't imagine a reason for the angst you mean you can see how people could find his view of the world as offensive.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #65
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think this is roughly your 6th post about the guy's sex life. I want you to think about this, you are at half a dozen posts about what another dude that you will never know personally does in the bedroom. Why do you care that much?
Maybe he just wants to have sex with Tebow and is mad he'll never get the chance.
Gamecock_Aholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #66
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Gamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot materialGamecock_Aholic is USC mascot material

Quote:
If Tebow is is such a Christian, why isn't he preaching? He's 27 years old and still no link to a woman besides a woman who gets paid by public relation teams to date closeted men who are famous.
So, the only true Christians on this planet are preachers? Well, i'm screwed then.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #67
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock_Aholic View Post
So, the only true Christians on this planet are preachers? Well, i'm screwed then.

No but the ones who have the notoriety that Tebow does should use their fame in order to lead others.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #68
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
No but the ones who have the notoriety that Tebow does should use their fame in order to lead others.
And you don't think he does that by bringing up his faith in front of millions on TV? Or the fact that he continually gets criticized for his faith, yet still stands firm in his faith. You're right, he should preach, he doesn't do anything with his faith at all but keep it bottled up inside.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #69
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Not going to argue with you.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:14 PM   #70
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Well, my observations are that Tebow makes people pick between supporting or rejecting an extremist version of evangelical christianity. Either side you pick support tebow or not his persona forces you to pick a side and that choice is not one people (just this thread as an example) make void of emotion.

Hell the post beofre yours equates liking tt to whether you can accept the concept of a sexually active homosexual christian dirrectly to whether or not you can like tebow as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy. He seems to do nice things, but as long as he positions himself asa spokesperson for evangelical radicalism, either supporting or disliking him will result in the kind of attacks that you've seen in this thread. Of course you've known this all along and more likely my saying you can't imagine a reason for the angst you mean you can see how people could find his view of the world as offensive.
I am not sure how he is an extremist. I find myself in a strange place because I really don't like the guy, he beat our tails and I think Urban Meyer hid behind him to cover all sorts of crap going on at Florida. I don't think he is an extremist either. What has he done exactly that "forced people to choose." I can approach Tim Tebow with no emotion at all, don't care if he is an NFL qb or a missionary. Why do others get offended that he vocal about his faith?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #71
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I am not sure how he is an extremist. I find myself in a strange place because I really don't like the guy, he beat our tails and I think Urban Meyer hid behind him to cover all sorts of crap going on at Florida. I don't think he is an extremist either. What has he done exactly that "forced people to choose." I can approach Tim Tebow with no emotion at all, don't care if he is an NFL qb or a missionary. Why do others get offended that he vocal about his faith?
I m not sure that I can respond to a question of how his views represent an extremist version of christianity other than to say that he presents veiwswidely considered anti homosexual and antiwomen's rights regularly. A lot of people find those views offensive. This leads to a large portion of people disliking him.

You can agree or disagree with his stance but its hard to believe that you can't see how a prolife antigay message would be controversial. Further considering many branches of christianity can embrace more moderate views, I believe its simple to see why one might consider his views as radical.

As for people getting offended by his expression of his faith, if your faith takes controversial stances it will offend people.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #72
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I m not sure that I can respond to a question of how his views represent an extremist version of christianity other than to say that he presents veiwswidely considered anti homosexual and antiwomen's rights regularly. A lot of people find those views offensive. This leads to a large portion of people disliking him.

You can agree or disagree with his stance but its hard to believe that you can't see how a prolife antigay message would be controversial. Further considering many branches of christianity can embrace more moderate views, I believe its simple to see why one might consider his views as radical.

As for people getting offended by his expression of his faith, if your faith takes controversial stances it will offend people.
Ah...not getting into this any further. Have a nice night and Happy New Year.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:00 AM   #73
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default SEC Network Hires Tebow

I don't get offended about his faith but what does bother me is when he uses his faith to cover up a different lifestyle.

Last edited by Carolina4Life; 01-02-2014 at 01:15 AM.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #74
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
I don't get offended about his faith but what does bother me is when he uses his faith to cover up a different lifestyle.
A 7th post about his bedroom habits. You don't know the guy.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #75
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

In other news, Osama Bin Laden is the new spokesman for CNN/SI
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 01:13 PM   #76
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Default SEC Network Hires Tebow

Quote:
A 7th post about his bedroom habits. You don't know the guy.

I've heard stories.

Walk like a duck, talk like a duck, it's a DUCK!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #77
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
You do realize you dont have to be a preacher to be a "Good Christian" dont you?! Wow the ignorance of this post is unbelievable.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:22 AM   #78
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Quote:
I've heard stories.

Walk like a duck, talk like a duck, it's a DUCK!
Im sure you have. Get a life bro.
robgusc76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:13 AM   #79
Gamecock_Aholic
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Im sure you have. Get a life bro.
Yeah you know, he has "sources." Jealousy is an ugly trait isn't it?