CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
ReadR00ster
WeStillOwnUSC
Sir Cuss
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
eightohhthree
Coulwoodwarlord
johnnyb
uniforms saturday (2374)
Auburn looks beatabl (2102)
Vandy Fans (1558)
Three young corners (729)
Watch ESPN3 regional (653)
King - South Carolin (637)
**official Vandy pre (620)
Cardinal's Jonathan (547)
No Vandy Predictions (337)
tailgating canopy on (319)
uniforms saturday
**official Vandy predicti
Haven't seen one unbeatab
Next years RB situation
Hotel in Nashville?
Places to watch Carolina
Auburn looks beatable
Waldrop injured
2015 Commitment - Arden K
Three young corners progr

Old 01-05-2014, 02:40 AM   #121
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly
Default Re: Dabo Sweeny taking shots at Steve Spurrier and South Carolina.

I missed what SOS said to upset the clemsux people. Can someone please enlighten me???
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:45 AM   #122
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I missed what SOS said to upset the clemsux people. Can someone please enlighten me???
Something along the lines of "these 2 capital one bowl trophies are nice but that state championship ain't that bad either!"
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:50 AM   #123
FearThethumbandDJ
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1000
FearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPitFearThethumbandDJ rules the CockPit

Clemson logic

SOS says a state championship is nice
-Classless

Dabo has his rant and takes shots at SC
-What a genius, suck it coots
FearThethumbandDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:13 AM   #124
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Who does Dabo Sweeny think he is?! Seriously, who is he?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #125
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Who does Dabo Sweeny think he is?! Seriously, who is he?
the coach of that team from the upstate that cant beat that team they claim is mediocre lol
Old 01-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #126
seamus
Blue Chip

Male

seamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudlyseamus is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Something along the lines of "these 2 capital one bowl trophies are nice but that state championship ain't that bad either!"
Thank you for the info.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #127
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 100500
CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

Couple of notes from Clemson writers on Dabos incident...

"As much as I like Dabo, I still don’t understand why he choses to engage in this garbage with South Carolina Head Coach Steve Spurrier. Its obvious Swinney has Clemson on the right path and he has done one heck of a job getting the Tiger program to the point where it is.
But what can you really say to a guy who has beat you five straight times?
Winning a BCS Bowl is huge for Clemson, but I personally just wish Swinney would let his teams play do the talking. Clemson is already the laughing stock of college football and when Swinney goes on his rants, it makes people just shake their heads even more.
Clemson is repeatedly called soft. They repeatedly have lost big games on big stages. And despite beating a really good Ohio State team, they get no love from the national media. Most media members thought the Buckeyes were overrated and the Big 10 was a bad conference all year.
You tip your hat to your opponent when you lose, you should just do the same when you win."

Notes regarding Clemson Media reaction on Twitter as well regarding Dabos statement from the same writer.

Clemson Media
After the Orange Bowl on Friday night, I took to twitter to get some reaction from the game and came across two prominent members of the Clemson media who also double as radio hosts. I thought it was pretty embarrassing the way they were taking shots at South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier.
When you’re a member of the media and cover a particular team, you should never let your “inner fan” get involved in what you write or better yet, how you cover a team. Personally, I thought it was a huge disservice to the Clemson nation.
I know for a fact and I speak for everyone that works here at Clemson247, that we do not carry ourselves like that. We report the facts and we do not sugarcoat losses or when coaches blow games. We report the facts and from what I see, that’s not what you get on other Clemson websites. There’s a reason Clemson247 is the best and we will continue to be the best.
Saying that, we do not abuse coaches or players from Clemson or any other university. These two particular members of the local media may need to take a class in etiquette, or stay off twitter.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #128
GarnetSwarm1990
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talonsGarnetSwarm1990 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Clemson logic

-Classless

Don't forget they said he was all class too.

Clemson fans are just so mad and butt hurt that, 1. they can't beat us and 2. even when they win a BCS game everybody including the media downplays it and discredit's the team they beat. Nobody outside the ACC respects them because they are indeed soft.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #129
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ View Post
Clemson logic

-Classless

And they are too stupid to understand what hypocrites they all are. Honestly, i don't see anything wrong with what either coach says. They are both true and harmless.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #130
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post

"As much as I like Dabo, I still don’t understand why he choses to engage in this garbage with South Carolina Head Coach Steve Spurrier. Its obvious Swinney has Clemson on the right path and he has done one heck of a job getting the Tiger program to the point where it is.
Winning a BCS Bowl is huge for Clemson, but I personally just wish Swinney would let his teams play do the talking. Clemson is already the laughing stock of college football and when Swinney goes on his rants, it makes people just shake their heads even more.
Clemson is repeatedly called soft. They repeatedly have lost big games on big stages. And despite beating a really good Ohio State team, they get no love from the national media. Most media members thought the Buckeyes were overrated and the Big 10 was a bad conference all year.
You tip your hat to your opponent when you lose, you should just do the same when you win."

Notes regarding Clemson Media reaction on Twitter as well regarding Dabos statement from the same writer.

Clemson Media
After the Orange Bowl on Friday night, I took to twitter to get some reaction from the game and came across two prominent members of the Clemson media who also double as radio hosts. I thought it was pretty embarrassing the way they were taking shots at South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier.
When you’re a member of the media and cover a particular team, you should never let your “inner fan” get involved in what you write or better yet, how you cover a team. Personally, I thought it was a huge disservice to the Clemson nation.
I know for a fact and I speak for everyone that works here at Clemson247, that we do not carry ourselves like that. We report the facts and we do not sugarcoat losses or when coaches blow games. We report the facts and from what I see, that’s not what you get on other Clemson websites. There’s a reason Clemson247 is the best and we will continue to be the best.
Saying that, we do not abuse coaches or players from Clemson or any other university. These two particular members of the local media may need to take a class in etiquette, or stay off twitter.
That is priceless and well said.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:26 PM   #131
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 View Post

Clemson Media
*Cough* James Thurn *Cough*
Old 01-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #132
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

I like Daboo. The more he talks, the more we win.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #133
TAFC 5 1981
Blue Chip

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

I did not talk trash in my racing days (I zing a few that asked for it after beating them). I sure as heck would not talk trash to someone with a faster car. I hope this is just a PR stunt.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #134
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
As much as I root against Clemson, it's hard to dislike Dabo.
Not
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:29 AM   #135
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
the coach of that team from the upstate that cant beat that team they claim is mediocre lol
Really what team does he coach? I never heard of Dabo Sweeny. The only Dabo I ever heard of is the guy that coaches that sorry team in orange. Don't there me there are two?
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #136
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

I we finished ranked 4 spots ahead of Clemmons to Boot!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #137
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 1103858
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM FROM SOUTH CAROLINA TO FINISH NUMBER 4 IN THE BCS ERA.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #138
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFC 5 1981 View Post
I did not talk trash in my racing days (I zing a few that asked for it after beating them). I sure as heck would not talk trash to someone with a faster car. I hope this is just a PR stunt.
Good thing Dabo's mouth isn't a straight-drive; he'd grind those gears to pieces. Come to think of it ......guess it was and he did. LOL.
OldPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #139
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

I still don't see why people are all fired up over this. Reality is that Dabo makes himself look like a total ass every time he tries to match wits with Spurrier. People expect Spurrier to make his little quips and while Clemson fans go on meltdown every time he says something the rest of the nation just laughs. So when Dabo makes yet another failed attempt to get back at Spurrier all he does is get the nation to laughing at him.

Personally I'm glad that Dabo is firing back (even though it's with blanks), it keeps the rivalry interesting and gives Spurrier even more ammunition.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #140
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I still don't see why people are all fired up over this. Reality is that Dabo makes himself look like a total ass every time he tries to match wits with Spurrier. People expect Spurrier to make his little quips and while Clemson fans go on meltdown every time he says something the rest of the nation just laughs. So when Dabo makes yet another failed attempt to get back at Spurrier all he does is get the nation to laughing at him.

Personally I'm glad that Dabo is firing back (even though it's with blanks), it keeps the rivalry interesting and gives Spurrier even more ammunition.
Agreed. Dabo just comes off looking like an idiot.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote