CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Garnetnblack99
kingoftheroost
Gamecocks1137
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
Regalcock
peterlemon
b381l
ktguen
Cockhornleghorn
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2481)
Morris to SMU (1575)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1149)
Carolina on a Walmar (610)
Game simulation (504)
Penniless: Creed's S (320)
Strategy First Steam (241)
Chad Morris new HC a (152)
Origin Sale Too (118)
Constant Updates on Watso
2017 - Savales Cann
Carolina on a Walmart com
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
**USC vs. UNC-Asheville G
Texans getting frustrated
Morris to SMU
Palmetto Bowl
Game simulation
Comparing Results Of Comm

Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #21
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Martavis Bryant Declares For Draft

What year is Grady Jarret? He's a pretty good DT.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #22
NinjaSven
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPitNinjaSven rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
So long as he isn't playing Carolina. I think he will be underwhelming in the NFL. That's not because he is a Clemson player but because I think his character and motivation is questionable and once he gets the money will he still play well. Also I don't think he is a great pure WR and his route running will need work. It really depends on what system he is out into.
Yeah, I am going to have to disagree with you. As a GM, I would be licking my chops to get my hands on a WR of his caliber.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #23
garnet&black1998rn
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
garnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPitgarnet&black1998rn rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Alright I guess being one of only 3 true freshmen to ever make the AP first team all america teams means nothing. The others are Herschel and Peterson. He had one incident other than that he did nothing else to get into trouble. He is hands down going to be the first wr taken and Rece Davis even said Watkins is arguably the top prospect in the draft skill wise. They said with his Orange Bowl performance he may have solidified himself as a top 5 pick. Over 200 yds receiving and 2 tds in the OB is crazy. He'll be fine. Had he went to SC im sure yall would be singing his praises as he would have been the #1 receiver the day he stepped on campus there. Just give credit where it is due no matter who he plays for. I have no problem saying Clowney is one of the best DE's to come out probably since Peppers. Dont let the rivalry cloud your judgement like that.

(lets not even talk motivation. What about Clowney skipping summer practices :and the Kentucky game because he was "injured"? All Spurrier had to say was maybe he couldnt play in the opener if he kept missing practice and abra kadabra he was healed and ready to go)
Gee, and I thought the OP was discussing M Bryant, and not S. Watkins. Guess I have reading comprehension problems.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #24
SClawman
Game MVP

Male

SClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot materialSClawman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50ktight View Post
Probably a mid-late round guy.
6'5 with great speed. Had a very high yard per catch average. He could move up to a higher round with a strong combine. Can't blame the guy for going.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #25
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talonsSC Tag has developed his gaff and talons

Lol! Clemson is gonna suck next year.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #26
Ballpoint Man
Blue Chip

Male

Ballpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPitBallpoint Man rules the CockPit

Quote:
Alright I guess being one of only 3 true freshmen to ever make the AP first team all america teams means nothing. The others are Herschel and Peterson. He had one incident other than that he did nothing else to get into trouble. He is hands down going to be the first wr taken and Rece Davis even said Watkins is arguably the top prospect in the draft skill wise. They said with his Orange Bowl performance he may have solidified himself as a top 5 pick. Over 200 yds receiving and 2 tds in the OB is crazy. He'll be fine. Had he went to SC im sure yall would be singing his praises as he would have been the #1 receiver the day he stepped on campus there. Just give credit where it is due no matter who he plays for. I have no problem saying Clowney is one of the best DE's to come out probably since Peppers. Dont let the rivalry cloud your judgement like that.

(lets not even talk motivation. What about Clowney skipping summer practices and the Kentucky game because he was "injured"? All Spurrier had to say was maybe he couldnt play in the opener if he kept missing practice and abra kadabra he was healed and ready to go)

So much orange cool-aid. He is a phenomenal athlete, but not ahead of clowney. Next, I'm sure you watched the game. How many of those catches and yards were on one step screens? Well over half...
Ballpoint Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #27
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 26222586
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Tag View Post
Lol! Clemson is gonna suck next year.
Doubt they will suck but, even if they do, their schedule gifts them nine wins.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #28
peterlemon
Game MVP

Male

peterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPitpeterlemon rules the CockPit

I was just looking at their depth chart. I didn't realize they were losing as many players as they are. They might not suck because they have a pansy schedule, but they will look very different next year.
peterlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #29
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Jch

Sammy had a great orange bowl, no doubt, but he is not the top wr...he is in the top 5

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 PM   #30
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:

(lets not even talk motivation. What about Clowney skipping summer practices and the Kentucky game because he was "injured"? All Spurrier had to say was maybe he couldnt play in the opener if he kept missing practice and abra kadabra he was healed and ready to go)
Did I say he sucks??? I just said I don't think his game will translate as well as some think. He seems like a Reggie Bush type to me. Someone who is a stud in college due to the different style of offense but will not be a long lasting elite talent in the pros.

It is amazing how one simple doubt about Walkins made you so upset. Every year there are countless bust or underachievers, I just happen to think Walkins may be one. I don't see him being a stud in the pros for the next 5-10 years, which is what first round talent is expected to be.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #31
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Where did you get this information? I'm not saying you're wrong, just trying to find out which players are definitely leaving.
Breeland going pro has been all over Twitter the last 18 hours or so. I think that's pretty much confirmed. Anthony possibly going pro has been discussed over the last month, and Crawford is a name that's also come up just in the last couple of days. If I were a betting man, I would personally bet on Anthony and Crawford coming back. Just my opinion though.

Shuey is a senior, so he's gone anyways.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #32
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

Clemson will take a step back but will still win 8-9 games. I also believe we will have a similar record.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:17 PM   #33
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

So... Is Grady Jarrett going pro? Is he eligible?
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #34
TAFC 5 1981
Two Deep

Male

TAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot materialTAFC 5 1981 is USC mascot material

I don't think Bryant is ready, but I have heard he is going pro for personal reasons (needs $$$).

If CU's D plays more consistent, we should survive on O in the ACC (excluding F$U).
Old 01-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #35
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Stephon Anthony should leave. He has done bench time for two years after knees tears. He had a very good year. He can go get paid without injury worries. He doesn't need Dabo lessons.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #36
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Quote:
But how did he play against good physical corners? He has a high ceiling because he is fast but he's only 6'1 maybe 6'2 (anybody that calls him 6'3 is lying). Not super tall. He hasn't shown that he can play physically (at least that I've seen). BTW how many of those catches and yards were off stupid bubble screens? That's not talent to be able to run with the ball. He's fast and he could be a good receiver eventually.
GarnetSwarm1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #37
boness
4-Star

Male

boness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming inboness has feathers coming in

thread a bit confusing as some r point/counter on watkins and others bryant.
other names mentioned so....
can anyone share knowlege or educated guess on who from CU has announced and who else is expected to and or considering doing so?? thanks WVP
boness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #38
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Jch

Sammy had a great orange bowl, no doubt, but he is not the top wr...he is in the top 5
Yes he is. He is shorter but a much better route runner and more speed. I googled draft prospect and just took first 5 sites that came and 4 out of 5 have him aboved mike evans. Just to see if "experts" agreed with me
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #39
eatlighting
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Losing Morris would be much bigger for them than losing their players.

They can try to downplay his impact, but he is what put them on track. Deebo already had his bags packed before they saw what Morris would bring to the table.

Granted, he's yet to do anything against a team with a pulse, but still, he's good enough to run over the majority of the tater schedule. He's basically stopped them from losing the head scratcher games like Maryland, Wake, or Duke.

But as far as Martavis is concerned, I will be shocked if he ever amounts to much. The funny thing is that I think he has a better shot to translate in the pros than Sammy. Just a hunch.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:48 AM   #40
lfowens
Walk On

lfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurslfowens has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
I will disagree from the standpoint of actual production. In that sense, their cupboard is bare. They have highly rated players, but they are losing a LOT in this cycle without really having anyone behind them that has produced:

QB - Boyd
RB - McDowell
2 WR's - Watkins and Bryant
DE - Beasley

Throw on top of that the coaching carousel has just started and they may yet lose a coordinator.
They will not completely panic. Come on, they are in the ACC which guarantees about 6-7 easy wins for ever a pretty good team.....so they only have to really play hard in the other 4-5 or so games....which may in deed be a major challenge - so they could loose 4 next year...at any rate they will have a pretty good record because of the conference competition and schedule.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote