CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
johnnyb
ucan'tlickourcocks
Gamecocks1137
Order 66
markp_vip
taylorssc
QCB
ChickenButt
Gamecocks321
l^l^lBGCock
No Comments on the H (1365)
Call of Duty: Advanc (433)
Freshman ND WR " (430)
Keeping tailgate foo (232)
Good Riddance to bad (228)
Vote For Cocky (204)
Things They Should H (196)
An A to Z of Noah We (119)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (25)
NCAAF: SOUTHERN CAL (11)
Vote For Cocky
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLINA @ A
NCAAF: OREGON @ CALIFORNI
NCAAF: BYU @ BOISE STATE
NCAAF: TEXAS @ KANSAS STA
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
So Disappointed With The
NCAAF: MISSISSIPPI STATE
NCAAF: MICHIGAN @ MICHIGA
NCAAF: WEST VIRGINIA @ OK

Old 01-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #181
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting Qb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Blake Mitchell had far more QB skills than Garcia. A better offensive line and less time in 5 Points and he would have been the guy breaking records.
LOL no he didnt
Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 AM   #182
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Spurrier has already said three times publicly that Dylan will be the starter. He said that next season it will be Thompson's team. SOS hasn't guaranteed that he'll stay the starter, but the fact that Spurrier said he will start makes me believe that he will.

Do you think Spurrier would have said that if his mind wasn't made up? That's my main reasoning for saying Thompson will start. Spurrier has worked with him for four years, and he knows him better than we do. Spurrier didn't have to say anything about who will start, but he did. Why would he say it if he didn't mean it?
There is no way Spurrier has already decided who will start. This is be sorted out during spring and fall practices
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:47 AM   #183
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

As of right now, Thompson is the first string QB because he was second behind Shaw. If it stays that way until the first game is TBD. It's pretty much as simple as that.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #184
Dizzy01
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
LOL no he didnt
Garcia was an athlete playing QB but Mitchell was a pure QB. He had better pocket presence, better mechanics and a far better arm.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #185
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy01 View Post
Garcia was an athlete playing QB but Mitchell was a pure QB. He had better pocket presence, better mechanics and a far better arm.
Totally agree. Blake could nail that fade and drop it on a dime. Still, Blake wasn't as accurate as Connor.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #186
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Starting Qb next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks321 View Post
I'm expecting a two-QB rotation. Dylan will be our typical pocket passer and the guy who will take about 85% of the snaps, while Noso will come in for short yardage runs and the occasional pass. Noso will be our own little version of Blake Bell from OU. I don't expect to see Mitch play much this year, IMO. He'll play some against teams like South Alabama and Furman. However, I do expect Mitch to be our starting QB for 2015.
I agree. Thompson is the clear starter but there will be games when we need wheels behind center and thats where Noso comes into play. I also think Noso will be the future QB not Mitch.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #187
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 0
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I agree. Thompson is the clear starter but there will be games when we need wheels behind center and thats where Noso comes into play. I also think Noso will be the future QB not Mitch.
We've only seen Nosovitch throw 2 passes up to this point. I'm not convinced he's that great of a passer.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:19 AM   #188
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by me4USC View Post
Of all the replies to my post, this one makes the most sense to me. Remember that Thompson graduates in May. If he knew that he wasn't going to be the starter, I doubt that he would come back to be the backup to Nosovitch or Mitch. It may be possible that Spurrier doesn't want him to leave. He'd have an inexperienced starter and an inexperienced backup.

I think that Shaw and Thompson were too different for the offense to adjust when they were switched in and out, and the offense was designed primarily around Shaw.

To an above poster, I don't remember Spurrier saying that Thompson would play against Clemson. Did you read that somewhere or hear him say it in an interview? At any rate, that could be why he put Thompson in to take a knee. He actually did put him in the game. If Thompson was promised that he would go in, Spurrier kept the promise.

Approx. 180 words. Is that short enough?
"Dylan Thompson, who Steve Spurrier plans to play next week against Clemson, also was 8-11 passing for 140 yards and 2 touchdowns."

http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-chants-70-10/
Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 AM   #189
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
"Dylan Thompson, who Steve Spurrier plans to play next week against Clemson, also was 8-11 passing for 140 yards and 2 touchdowns."

Yep, he said that and said he thinks Shaw played better when Dylan played. It turned out Shaw didn't need any motivation in the last two games.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:45 PM   #190
me4USC
Blue Chip

Male

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post

Thanks. I forgot that. I was thinking about the bowl game, I guess. That's why I said he took a knee.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:53 PM   #191
Lil Jerry_Seinfeld
Walk On

Male

Lil Jerry_Seinfeld has hatched from the shell

What about #teamcooper? I guess the title thread is who will be the starter, but I think 11 is going to continue to see time at QB and he can ball. No matter who the starter is 11 will be in the rotation. I think in almost every game. To teamnoso fans, cooper has the same running qb skills and this year spurrier played 11 more than 5.
Lil Jerry_Seinfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:02 PM   #192
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
We've only seen Nosovitch throw 2 passes up to this point. I'm not convinced he's that great of a passer.
He is as proven as Mitch and I am going on what Mangus has stated. He is a much better passer than Shaw was at the same point.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #193
tommytwoguns
Walk On

Male

tommytwoguns has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
You don't have to tell me anything...I said I stopped reading when I saw the words NFL ready used to described something about Connor Mitch, who has never played a single snap in a college game. That's pretty much all there is to it.
Man you are dense. He said his ARM referring to arm strength. Meaning he can throw with as much velocity as some guys in the NFL. Whether or not that is true, it is not that much of a stretch. And it doesn't make him a good QB. Stop nitpicking. He also made no comparison to Marino or Elway. He was using them as examples of who used their whole body to gain velocity.

You don't have to play a snap in a college game to have next level arm strength. I can hit a golf ball over 300 yards, just as far as some pros. Doesn't mean I could be on tour. Doesn't mean I can beat a guy who only hits it 230.

It was not very hard to interpret what he was saying. You probably would have stopped reading if the guy said the he has NFL ready height and weight.
tommytwoguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #194
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytwoguns View Post
Man you are dense. He said his ARM referring to arm strength. Meaning he can throw with as much velocity as some guys in the NFL. Whether or not that is true, it is not that much of a stretch. And it doesn't make him a good QB. Stop nitpicking. He also made no comparison to Marino or Elway. He was using them as examples of who used their whole body to gain velocity.

You don't have to play a snap in a college game to have next level arm strength. I can hit a golf ball over 300 yards, just as far as some pros. Doesn't mean I could be on tour. Doesn't mean I can beat a guy who only hits it 230.

It was not very hard to interpret what he was saying. You probably would have stopped reading if the guy said the he has NFL ready height and weight.
be careful with that whole logical arguement approach, some folks on here get pretty confused by it. try making your point based on emotion and statements like "i know what i saw". if that fails just attack the other person's knowledge of the game or state that god is on your side.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #195
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

None of you guys has a clue. In case you haven't heard, there's a new QB heading for campus this fall named Scarnecchia, and he'll put all of those dudes on the bench. He's 6 ft 4, just under a couple hundred pounds and can throw. The best thing he's got is being a brand new fresh(man) face, never played a down against D1 talent, and the coaches like him. Game over. Don't you know how these threads go?
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #196
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
None of you guys has a clue. In case you haven't heard, there's a new QB heading for campus this fall named Scarnecchia, and he'll put all of those dudes on the bench. He's 6 ft 4, just under a couple hundred pounds and can throw. The best thing he's got is being a brand new fresh(man) face, never played a down against D1 talent, and the coaches like him. Game over. Don't you know how these threads go?
love it.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #197
lake-cityCOCK89
Starter

Male

lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

Dylan is the man. You'll see Nos play and CS play too though, especially when we need a running game boost

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #198
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
It's clear until it's unclear. Spurrier is going to play the guy he thinks gives us the best chance to win and that is not always the guy with most experience. Still a long way to go until august.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #199
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
That's two more than Mitch has thrown.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #200
R.C. Christian
Recruit

Male

R.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his combR.C. Christian is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
YOU'RE right, I am.

But it's not really that hard to accurately use grammar that was learned in elementary school.
It's funny how you are the grammar police but you live in a van down by the river wtfhaha
R.C. Christian is offline   Reply With Quote