CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
TAFC 5 1981
Gamecocks1137
Yearofthegamecock
kick_ball
Coulwoodwarlord
Blackland
ChickenButt
airborne09
ReadR00ster
Order 66
uniforms saturday (2120)
Vandy Fans (1457)
Auburn looks beatabl (971)
Clemson requires sex (559)
Watch ESPN3 regional (558)
King - South Carolin (530)
Cardinal's Jonathan (411)
Three young corners (382)
**official Vandy pre (367)
No Vandy Predictions (291)
Auburn looks beatable
Cardinal's Jonathan Dwyer
Next years RB situation
The SEC East schedule fro
Three young corners progr
**official Vandy predicti
In light of our matchup w
Search Snacks
Hotel in Nashville?
Davis dinged up again?

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #1741
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2014 Recruiting Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
If that holds then I'd be disappointed we didn't get another CB.Wideman and Scott were not must haves.
Wideman is sort of a must need. He can start off at DE before eventually moving inside, and we need DE's next year. I would have agreed two months ago that Scott isn't a must need, but with Smith probably moving to CB, Salley transferring, and Carson perhaps not coming back, we need bodies at RB for 2015.

If the class ends like SGF predicted, that would be a huge disappointment, but it wouldn't exactly shock me.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #1742
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
That would suck.

Is this your opinion or from one of your "sources"?
Just my opinion based on observations and asking around.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #1743
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Remember SGF predicted like 15 recruits on JR day...
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #1744
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material

May be time to turn up the heat on Caldwell and Poona
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #1745
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCohioBoy View Post
Remember SGF predicted like 15 recruits on JR day...
I had someone tell me we would get guys.. we didnt. But im not claiming to have a source on this. Im making an educated prediction.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #1746
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
May be time to turn up the heat on Caldwell and Poona
Caldwell's transcripts did not check out. The staff now wants to wait until after the Spring semester to check back in on his grades for an official offer.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #1747
SCohioBoy
Game MVP

Male

SCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPitSCohioBoy rules the CockPit

Quote:
I had someone tell me we would get guys.. we didnt. But im not claiming to have a source on this. Im making an educated prediction.

Which makes me feel better about our chances, your predictions have been way off, I also think you said Clempson would whip us. Just sayin'
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #1748
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Wideman is sort of a must need. He can start off at DE before eventually moving inside, and we need DE's next year. I would have agreed two months ago that Scott isn't a must need, but with Smith probably moving to CB, Salley transferring, and Carson perhaps not coming back, we need bodies at RB for 2015.

If the class ends like SGF predicted, that would be a huge disappointment, but it wouldn't exactly shock me.
My reasoning with Wideman is his qualifying status.But if he does qualify he would be a big pick up.

If Scott ends up elsewhere then I say we'd be OK next year but RB becomes a huge need in the RB class of 2015.I think RB will be a need in that class anyway.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #1749
duff18
Blue Chip

Male

duff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his combduff18 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beano Cook View Post
My reasoning with Wideman is his qualifying status.But if he does qualify he would be a big pick up.

If Scott ends up elsewhere then I say we'd be OK next year but RB becomes a huge need in the RB class of 2015.I think RB will be a need in that class anyway.

This.

And then you have UGA with such a back log of stud RB's, plus the two coming in. Someone is not going to get their carries.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #1750
USCGrad2003
4-Star

Male

USCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming inUSCGrad2003 has feathers coming in

Hey guys, time to open Isaiah Ford's thread back up. According to the news, he is no longer committed to Louisville and is taking a serious look at us, VT and Florida State.

According to his mom, he has to be able to play football and basketball. How awesome would it be to grab him... I would love to add a 6'3" WR to WR corp, especially since Bruce Ellington has declared.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:25 PM   #1751
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

3 WR are in the class already. I'm guessing DL and CB would take precedence in the coaches' eyes. A RB would be good, but not a necessity.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #1752
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Keep an eye on Louisville defensive back commitment De'Eric Culver .. I think USC could make a run at him. Coaching staff liked him early on.

Also if Franklin leaves Vanderbilt, I would be shocked if we (and a bunch of other schools) didn't go full bore after Kyle Gibson. That kid is a ball player.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 01-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #1753
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Just my opinion based on observations and asking around.
Good, so it means nothing.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:05 PM   #1754
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Thought Wideman was headed to SC ST. if didnt qualify? Wouldnt that help us? Or would it hurt?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:08 PM   #1755
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

I'm sure everyone knows but the football team is doing an appreciation at the basketball game January 18th and I bet the recruits will be there. Try to get there if you can and get others too to cheer on by all team and chant for our recruits. I'm gonna try to make it
Old 01-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #1756
Kazak
4-Star

Male

Kazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPitKazak rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boness View Post
It isn't uncommon for offers to be significantly based on highlight samples and certainly whatever they show is true... but limited as demonstrated with the kicker we signed last cycle based all most exclusively on tape. I'm as hopefull as anyone but this one is scary.
About being scared that Scarnecchia's highlights are just "highlights," consider this: He threw 28 touchdown passes and only 2 interceptions as a senior. He threw 18 touchdown passes and only 1 interception as a junior. That's a grand total of 3 interceptions in two seasons. How many "lowlights" can there be?

Also, he worked out for our coaches at a summer camp. This offer wasn't based solely on the kid's highlight reel.

Finally, what the heck is "scary" about it? It's a scholarship offer for a player who shows a lot of promise. I don't think he'll be murdering co-eds with an axe. Relax, dude.

There are some "can't miss" 4-star guys who never contribute...and plenty of guys with Scarnecchia's rating who do. (Incidentally, his rating is similar to that of another 6-4 QB from the state of Florida who also fell through the recruiting cracks and had few offers: Blake Bortles. Bortles is about to become a top 10 pick in the NFL draft. Just sayin'.)
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #1757
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGrad2003 View Post
Hey guys, time to open Isaiah Ford's thread back up. According to the news, he is no longer committed to Louisville and is taking a serious look at us, VT and Florida State.

According to his mom, he has to be able to play football and basketball. How awesome would it be to grab him... I would love to add a 6'3" WR to WR corp, especially since Bruce Ellington has declared.
I don't think he is a take right now.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #1758
EveryThingGreen
#blahblahblah

Male

EveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot materialEveryThingGreen is USC mascot material

According to TBS, Lamin counts back to 2013, which means we can take an additional 22 come NSD.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #1759
Coondog
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
According to TBS, Lamin counts back to 2013, which means we can take an additional 22 come NSD.
Now that's great news! ETG, how do you see this class finishing out?
Old 01-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #1760
pitchcock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 29795000
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by b381l View Post
I don't think he is a take right now.
If I remember correctly, didn't Bruce come here initially on a B-Ball scholarship, play his first college year on the B-Ball team, then switch to a Football scholly his second year in school?

If so, and Ford wants to play both sports (and has the skills to do so), then technically he could do the same, come to school on a B-Ball scholly for 2014, then switch over to Football in 2015.

Am I wrong?
Closed Thread