CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ucan'tlickourcocks
b381l
NAGamecockFan
kingofnerf
ReadR00ster
BigRedCock
El Cid Ranger
ChickenButt
lilhornet
robgusc76
Freshman ND WR " (873)
Call of Duty: Advanc (542)
Good Riddance to bad (477)
Keeping tailgate foo (329)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (299)
Bashing Players, coa (240)
The Comeback & T (235)
An A to Z of Noah We (218)
Wallpaper & Back (119)
Instrumental Music ( (106)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
TeMarcus Blanton
2015 Commitment - Lorenzo
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Instrumental Music (Pre g
Bashing Players, coaches,
Texas athletic director:
Why I think we beat Aubur
Wallpaper & Backgroun
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #361
cockthehammer
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervouscockthehammer is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: 2014 Commitment - Terry Googer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
Anyone see that Terry was injured and had knee surgery on January 2nd? I didn't hear of the injury or the surgery until just today. I saw on his FB page that he had surgery on the 2nd on his knee. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for this kid who looks like he has/had a ton of talent.

Here's the pic of him from his Facebook page coming off the field. The caption was: "Didn't plan for it to end like this..!!! I'm going to miss it."

Damn, hope he recovers.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #362
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Well unless it is one of those types the Alabama kid had, knee surgeries have come a long way and he will likely be fine. He has time to learn the offense and get into the weight room.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #363
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Why would it be the beginning of the end?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #364
4gamecockfb
Starter

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Come back stronger than ever. Get well terry
Old 01-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #365
sporkgod50
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 97400000
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

good luck with your recovery!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #366
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9450
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Damn. Quick recovery to Mr. Googer
Old 01-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #367
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL View Post
Anyone see that Terry was injured and had knee surgery on January 2nd? I didn't hear of the injury or the surgery until just today. I saw on his FB page that he had surgery on the 2nd on his knee. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for this kid who looks like he has/had a ton of talent.

Here's the pic of him from his Facebook page coming off the field. The caption was: "Didn't plan for it to end like this..!!! I'm going to miss it."

the beginning of the end? What on earth has gotten into some of you guys
Old 01-07-2014, 06:27 AM   #368
IrishCoach
4-Star

Male

IrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talonsIrishCoach has developed his gaff and talons

This damn injury bug our recruits are passing around needs to be stopped! Get well soon.

~Dan Gable
Old 01-07-2014, 06:46 AM   #369
O'Aces
Recruit

Male

O'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his clawsO'Aces is sharpening his claws

Get well!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #370
GoCocks09CSOL
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 239530
GoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his combGoCocks09CSOL is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Why would it be the beginning of the end?
When football players suffer knee injuries that require surgery, often times those players don't completely recover from those injuries such that they'll return to their former level of ability. What I am saying is that I hope this isn't the case for this kid; however, it could be, we don't know at this point. Hence why other posters have commented on how far surgical measures have come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockybreeyan
the beginning of the end? What on earth has gotten into some of you guys
Nothing has gotten into me. This isn't a "the sky is falling" kind of post. As I said above, knee injuries that require surgery are sometimes just the beginning of a long string of problems for players. Let's hope that's not the case here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper82 View Post
Well unless it is one of those types the Alabama kid had, knee surgeries have come a long way and he will likely be fine. He has time to learn the offense and get into the weight room.
I think you're right about the injury, but I wonder why there haven't been any specifics about what it was and why he needed surgery. I hope it wasn't a major tear, maybe just a meniscus or something. In any event, like you say, the docs will do some miracle work and he'll have plenty of rehab time. I'm still really excited about what this kid could do for us. He looks like a stud WR in his HS videos.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #371
etowngangsta
Challenge accepted.

Male

CockyCash: 26065800
etowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot materialetowngangsta is USC mascot material

I think her was just referring to his high school career ending with an injury. Jmo
Old 01-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #372
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
I think her was just referring to his high school career ending with an injury. Jmo
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #373
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by etowngangsta View Post
Makes too much sense...
Old 02-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #374
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

I'm excited about this guy. Will he redshirt due to his injury? I just watched the little video capsule on GCC and they said "he's the guy who physically is the most ready to play early"
Old 02-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #375
cockybreeyan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2014 Signee - Terry Googer

I'd think any freshman coming in with an ACL tear has to redshirt
Old 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM   #376
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 672
InletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudlyInletCock1989 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
I'm excited about this guy. Will he redshirt due to his injury? I just watched the little video capsule on GCC and they said "he's the guy who physically is the most ready to play early"
Oh god yeah! No way he will be ready to play after knee surgery. Physically ready meaning he has the body and size to play early. He will redshirt w/o a doubt
Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #377
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Goooooooooooooooooooge.

Let's make this a thing!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:35 PM   #378
GarnetSwarm1990
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 738
GarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudlyGarnetSwarm1990 is crowing loudly

Redshirting will be good for him. No immediate need for him to play right away. He'll have a whole year to learn the receiver position better and be ready to play when Byrd and Jones are gone, maybe even Roland too if he feels he's ready.
Closed Thread