CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Master Bedroom
RGHoskins
gocockswyn
Outland
robgusc76
KaneisAble
uscgamecocks88
ColaCock
ReadR00ster
Fight, win, kick a-- (981)
SC vs Auburn -- Play (866)
CFN prediction for a (784)
Why I'm hopeful abou (568)
A simple defensive l (539)
What happened to thi (501)
The Gator Bowl wants (484)
USC will upset Aubur (426)
Ranking Top HC jobs (418)
This is War (399)
Ranking the SEC Football
Name a Gamecock
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Five Upstate High School
The Gator Bowl wants us!
Why I'm hopeful about Aub
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Which loss hurt worse, Mi
Media tabs South Carolina
Texas athletic director:

Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #161
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Where do we finish in the polls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
You're being far too kind, Regal.
They did good enough to beat Alabama.. just saying.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #162
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Good question Flame.

I have another. Have you seen FSU play anyone really good this year? I consider Clemson pretty good but that's about it. They did smoke everyone and looked great doing it.

This game is a big unknown to me but on paper FSU looks like a big favorite.
FSU may not win, but they are stacked with great athletes. Did you see Duke v. TAMU? FSU smoked Duke 45-7.
AU hasn't played anyone like FSU and I just don't see them keeping up with FSU. If there's any defense than can snuff AU, it's the Seminoles....and I'm not a fan of either team.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #163
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
They did good enough to beat Alabama.. just saying.
Oh! You mean the Alabama that put up 28 points even though they missed 4 field goals in that game? Okay.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #164
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
Oh! You mean the Alabama that put up 28 points even though they missed 4 field goals in that game? Okay.
You can sugar coat it which ever way you want, they still beat them. A win is a win.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #165
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
You can sugar coat it which ever way you want, they still beat them. A win is a win.
I'm not disputing that. I'm simply saying it's not like their defense played so well against UA, which you're very clearly implying it did.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:59 PM   #166
LawyerLarry
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
LawyerLarry has feathers coming inLawyerLarry has feathers coming in

It's going to be funny if Alabama is still ranked ahead of us. Kind of like how I always expect the refs to cheat and screw us, I also expect the rankings to treat us the same way.
LawyerLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #167
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawyerLarry View Post
It's going to be funny if Alabama is still ranked ahead of us. Kind of like how I always expect the refs to cheat and screw us, I also expect the rankings to treat us the same way.
I expect them to leave Bama ahead of us. Not on merit but on namesake.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #168
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
Automatic qualifiers ruined the BCS. How the NCAA did not see it coming is beyond me. Automatic qualifiers for the BCS bowls (top tier bowls - aka the best bowls) is equivelent to giving the winners of the SEC/ACC/Big12/Pac12 baseball tournaments automatic bids to Omaha - or the Elite 8 in basketball. Just doesn't work that way.

Make no mistake, the NCAA saw it coming. It was the price they were willing to pay to have a National Championship game. They knew that in order to get all conferences to sign on to the BCS, it had to pay off the weak sister conferences by promising them a BCS spot. If you look at the amount of money the NCAA has generated since the BCS commenced, you would agree it was worth the bargain with the devil. Billions and billions have been generated in the BCS era. It destroyed the Orange Bowl. But the NCAA got what it wanted but it had to do a deal with the devil.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:41 AM   #169
carolina_corpsman
Blue Chip

Male

carolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudlycarolina_corpsman is crowing loudly

ok, its all said and done... Alabama lost and Allbarn lost.. where do finish in the polls? top 5?
carolina_corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:47 AM   #170
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
ok, its all said and done... Alabama lost and Allbarn lost.. where do finish in the polls? top 5?
It's possible, but don't be surprised if Oklahoma moves to #5 and we finish #6. It certainly would not surprise me at all.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 AM   #171
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

If we don't finish 5th, that's crap. Bottom line.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:49 AM   #172
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Highly doubt it.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:52 AM   #173
NinjaSven
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 515
NinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudlyNinjaSven is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
It is crap, but we will probably be #6 or #7.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #174
GamecockinBoulder
Recruit

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: 2nd place in 2007 Bowl Pickem 
GamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spursGamecockinBoulder has earned his spurs

AP poll should be out in 90 minutes per twitter.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:04 AM   #175
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

We won't move much...sucks.

I hope we crush UT this year.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:08 AM   #176
gamecock1116
Blue Chip

Male

gamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudlygamecock1116 is crowing loudly

I think 7- 8 WITH FSU, AU, BAMA, MIZZOU, OKLAHOMA, MICHIGAN STATE all ahead of us

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 AM   #177
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Call me crazy, and I'm only asking, but is there a chance Clemtech passes us? My gut says no. If no, then I think we finish 7.
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:41 AM   #178
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1116 View Post
I think 7- 8 WITH FSU, AU, BAMA, MIZZOU, OKLAHOMA, MICHIGAN STATE all ahead of us

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I'm not sure if you're being a little sarcastic, but I wouldn't be shocked if the pollsters end up doing this.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:44 AM   #179
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashies_AC30 View Post
Call me crazy, and I'm only asking, but is there a chance Clemtech passes us? My gut says no. If no, then I think we finish 7.
No. Even though I think the pollsters may be tempted to screw us by having Alabama, OU, and MAYBE Missouri ahead of us, I don't think they would move CU up that far, especially since we beat them convincingly. Yeah, I know we beat Missouri too, but they were right behind us in the polls, so it wouldn't be a big jump for them to pass us.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:56 AM   #180
CarolinaSpur12
4-Star

Male

CarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spursCarolinaSpur12 has earned his spurs

Resume: 11 Wins including 3 top 15 wins, possibly 2 top 10 wins. 10 pt victory over top 20 Wiscy team. two of them being on the road

Bad losses to two unranked teams on the road with an average margin loss being one score.

CarolinaSpur12 is offline   Reply With Quote