CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
TAFC 5 1981
gamecockgal
WeStill0wnUSC
sanford
garnet_black215
rdwylie
MWard
B-G
75CarolinaFan
Vic Beasley On Clown (1696)
Another A&M aggi (1287)
Predict Clemson 2014 (1232)
ACC Wants Helmet Com (656)
Asheville/Spartanbur (413)
2016 - Terrance Davi (371)
Green and Lammons (331)
2016 - Anthony " (304)
It's Cover Two's bda (221)
2016 - Dontye Carrie (194)
SEC Coaches on the Hot Se
2015 - Johnny Frasier
Another A&M aggie off
Georgia Defensive returni
Green and Lammons
Official WWE Thread
Nashville
2015 - Albert Huggins
2015 - Brandon Sandifer
Predict Clemson 2014

Old 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
Braveguy06
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1022
Braveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming inBraveguy06 has feathers coming in
Default what would you wanna see change in 2014

I'd like to see us use the TE more in the passing game and go under center when its first and goal from the 1, 2, or 3. That spread crap makes little sense to me when you have a Mike Davis and a OL that averages 315.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
35-21
Tons-A-Fun

Male

CockyCash: 200
35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly35-21 is crowing loudly
Default Re: what would you wanna see change in 2014

Our inability to win field position battles on a regular basis. Our ST makes it hard on the other units far too often.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35-21 View Post
Our inability to win field position battles on a regular basis. Our ST makes it hard on the other units far too often.
This and our run defense.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #4
TabuhRah
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
TabuhRah has earned his spursTabuhRah has earned his spursTabuhRah has earned his spursTabuhRah has earned his spursTabuhRah has earned his spursTabuhRah has earned his spurs

Special teams. Period.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #5
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

I would like more consistency from Special Teams and the offensive line on running plays. We were great the first 3/4ths of the year on rush blocking, but after that IDK what happened. It needs to change.

We also need a punter who can punt, and a KO guy who can consistently put it in the endzone. Also need to learn to block better on punt returns.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
usctiburon03
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24000
usctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudlyusctiburon03 is crowing loudly

Joe Robinson needs to go. If you are a coach who brings absolutely nothing to the recruiting aspects of the game, then you better be one darn good coach. When our special teams looks like they looked for the majority of the year, I think it's safe to assume that the coach is not a darn good coach. Surely we can find another ST coach that can coach the players to the level we saw this year, but can help out on the recruiting trail.
usctiburon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

Clemson as our homecoming game. Homecoming is supposed to be the easiest game on the schedule, so why not? LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #8
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material

I want us to take the football and cram it down the other team's throats -- and I want Brandon to soften up defenses into submission and THEN we turn the Tasmanian Devil (Mike Davis) loose to spin and twist and then take it to the house.

I want us to get mean on the front line and start pushing people out of the way like they aren't even there.

I want SE to teach these guys how to dominate the run game.

We have a stable of talents backs and I want us to maximize what we have. The only way to do that is to create legitimate running lanes.

Yeldon, Gurley and Mason are not better than Davis (or Wilds). They simply have enormous holes to run through.

Emmitt Smith was nowhere near the best running back in football, yet he owns the all-time rushing record. Why? Because his line gave him six-foot-wide running lanes on a regular basis.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
Joe Robinson needs to go. If you are a coach who brings absolutely nothing to the recruiting aspects of the game, then you better be one darn good coach. When our special teams looks like they looked for the majority of the year, I think it's safe to assume that the coach is not a darn good coach. Surely we can find another ST coach that can coach the players to the level we saw this year, but can help out on the recruiting trail.
Truth.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:09 PM   #10
Garnet Gamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Truth.
Thus endeth the lesson.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #11
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Definitely ST. And aside from guys stepping up on the DL and CB I'd like to see someone emerge from the current young group of WRs.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usctiburon03 View Post
I think I agree with everyone on this. I think he was blessed with good people his first year (Ace and Justice). We still have good people for those positions but they haven't lived up to their potential. As they say in the barber shop, NEXT!!!!

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
I'd like to see us use the TE more in the passing game and go under center when its first and goal from the 1, 2, or 3. That spread crap makes little sense to me when you have a Mike Davis and a OL that averages 315.
It's not that we don't run the I-form, to me it's the fact that we don't pass out of the I. When we line up in that formation, everybody knows that we only run out of it.
That's why it never works. When we first started using it more in the middle of the season it was fine.
When teams figured out we only ran out of it was when we started to suck at running it.

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #14
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

NO MORE FCKING GARCIA THREADS
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #15
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Elliot Fry fell in our laps. Imagine our ST without him.

Something needs to change, and fast. I won't call for a coach's job because I don't know enough about the situation to say one way or another, but something is wrong there.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #16
bhs04
high motor

Male

bhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervousbhs04 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
NO MORE FCKING GARCIA THREADS
damn we need a like button on here

A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
bhs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #17
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

#1 instead of #4

and add an extra year eligibility for Shaw........
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguy06 View Post
Again, I would endorse the same ideas.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #19
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

For us to stop crapping the bed against horrible teams.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Fewer tater trolls and stupid posts on Cocky Talk. I'm not holding my breath.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote